News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrifirststage

I think the whole point of my original post was that Arriva couldn't run Cannock or Stafford routes from anywhere.........Arriva Midlands would not exist.

Westy

While I understand up to a point regarding the Competion Commission situation, surely the most important part is ensuring a decent continuation of service to passengers & if NX can provide continuation, then so be it.

If Diamond can do it & not pull out at the first sign of lack of profits etc, then ok fair enough.

People want a bus service, not to be stuck in the middle of a political 'football match', for want of a better phrase!

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: Westy on August 09, 2015, 03:55:08 PM
Wednesfield would be swallowed by Wolverhampton.

Cannock would be swallowed by Walsall. Can't see them keeping Cannock as an outstation.

Don't know how Walsall would arrange the Cannock bit they would inherit, but I could see Wolves merging the 70 with their 11, as that runs up the Cannock Road doesn't it?

Thing is if NX have a straight inherit of the routes of the Wednesfield & Cannock operations, how long before they would start withdrawing them as none profitable?

Could NX build a 'super garage' in South Staffordshire to take over Walsall, Wolves, Wednesfield & Cannock operations, to save money?

Would this involve certain routes in the south of the Wolves & Walsall covered areas being taken over by Pensnett & West Bromwich for operational reasons?

(Mods - If you think this worthy of a separate thread, then move it, but don't just pooh pooh it or delete it for being off topic, as it could be a goer!)

Buses from Walsall and Wolverhampton working deep into Staffordshire?  Back to 1973!
Tony

Bob

wmpte/west mids remained a strong presence as far as hednesford right up til the 90s to be fair. until chase started the 1  they had the walsall corridor to themselves. even more so before the train line reopened in 89

covlad27

Personally I cant see Arriva selling any of the midlands based depots orher than maybe wednesfield

BN

More Sb120's arriving in the fleet over the next few weeks.

Bob

Solo1

Replacing what &I think the buses will.be from cannock but I may be wrong

Bob

Maybe theyre exchanging them for MPDs? Although Cannocks 33 route has been largely operated with cadets for months and the frequency is being reduced on that so id have thought theyd need at least a cadet size bus. Im assuming the MPDs coming to Cannock are for the new local routes rather than anything existing

covlad27

Quote from: Solo1 on August 15, 2015, 12:43:46 PM
Replacing what &I think the buses will.be from cannock but I may be wrong

Ive heard cannock are having smaller buses perhaps the likes of 2736 will move to wednesfield with the others. 

Maybe the enviros will move to Cannock for the new routes

BN

Look out for 2718 this week, might venture out from Tuesday.

andy41

Quote from: Westy on August 09, 2015, 03:55:08 PM
Wednesfield would be swallowed by Wolverhampton.

Cannock would be swallowed by Walsall. Can't see them keeping Cannock as an outstation.

Don't know how Walsall would arrange the Cannock bit they would inherit, but I could see Wolves merging the 70 with their 11, as that runs up the Cannock Road doesn't it?

Thing is if NX have a straight inherit of the routes of the Wednesfield & Cannock operations, how long before they would start withdrawing them as none profitable?

Could NX build a 'super garage' in South Staffordshire to take over Walsall, Wolves, Wednesfield & Cannock operations, to save money?

Would this involve certain routes in the south of the Wolves & Walsall covered areas being taken over by Pensnett & West Bromwich for operational reasons?

(Mods - If you think this worthy of a separate thread, then move it, but don't just pooh pooh it or delete it for being off topic, as it could be a goer!)

Oh here we go again with more fantasy NX Empire Building. I love it. If you go back through the threads over the last 5 years, it's been the same story over and over again. It's laughable that everybody is still spinning the same old yarns despite a total lack of any credible evidence that any of this dreaming will ever go anywhere. You really should all give up. Not singling Westy out, just that his post sums it all up really.

BN

Quote from: S I on August 26, 2015, 02:15:21 PM
Are any Dennis Dart MPD from Wednesfield transferring to Cannock for the new routes ?

Yes.

Bob

Why? Theres plenty of others to choose from

BN

2722 now at Wednesfield.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk