News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Due to Staffordshire funding review as mentioned above.

SBS

Select have covered this route since 2010, who work closely with Staffordshire county council not centro.
We give out leaflets and the total this year is around 5000, the are a grouped together leaflet which include D&G and Midland Classic. They are available from Staffordshire county council and most of the time available off the bus.

One day you never know we may become a 'name' operator, its called 'growing' a business.

I just hope national express do well and provide a good service as I think they will and can

Quote from: Westy on May 15, 2015, 10:33:00 AM
Yep, but as I've said before I'd rather have a 'name' run the route.

Unless you search online or live on route, how would you know of Select?

I only know of Select through being on here.

Let's face it, your average punter will drop into the Travelshop looking for a timetable leaflet & unless the person behind is knowledgable, you're stuck!

Have you ever seen a Select leaflet?

I don't recall seeing one in Wolves Travelshop, but they print off the Arriva's anyway!

Another thing as well, was the 76 doing ok at it's previous garage, as now it's moved to Wednesfield, we're hearing about withdrawal's already!

mranon

well considering you don't class select as a named operator, they appear to have a loyal customer base on the brewood to wolves part of their services, just remember when they started, midland gave up trying and withdrew their service. its good we have independents, as it sometimes maybe the only way an area may get a service etc. i hope select are around for a long time to come.

it brings variety, and they seem to be upgrading to newer better vehicles than a certain named operator who is running cast offs sent from other depot's.

Bob

One of the crappy cadets was either broken down or had been in an accident in Boscomoor lane in penkridge at 3pm today,  driver was holding up panel in front of the front wheel,  either way it was parked at a right strange angle and causing traffic queues.  Mustve been there a bit as there was another cadet leaving penkridge ( presumably it was wolves bound as it was leaving the stop by the public conveniences rather than the one on the main road opposite

Westy

Quote from: mranon on May 15, 2015, 03:48:11 PM
well considering you don't class select as a named operator, they appear to have a loyal customer base on the brewood to wolves part of their services, just remember when they started, midland gave up trying and withdrew their service. its good we have independents, as it sometimes maybe the only way an area may get a service etc. i hope select are around for a long time to come.

it brings variety, and they seem to be upgrading to newer better vehicles than a certain named operator who is running cast offs sent from other depot's.

Ok fair enough, but unless you do the research online, most people that turn up at Wolves Bus Station will automatically assume Arriva is the only operator that runs to Brewood, as their timetable is on the counter.

I didn't see a Select one there, when I went in the other day.

NX have done a good job promoting their service, certainly on the Wolves & Walsall depots buses, plus the leaflets have been in the Travelshops.

I don't know what Select's loadings are like locally. I guess they are adequate for the area.

BN

Quote from: Bob on May 15, 2015, 04:37:01 PM
One of the crappy cadets was either broken down or had been in an accident in Boscomoor lane in penkridge at 3pm today,  driver was holding up panel in front of the front wheel,  either way it was parked at a right strange angle and causing traffic queues.  Mustve been there a bit as there was another cadet leaving penkridge ( presumably it was wolves bound as it was leaving the stop by the public conveniences rather than the one on the main road opposite

Crappy Cadets, what makes you say that Bob, very reliable acctually and in good condition. Well looked after at Shrewsbury.

Bob

A lot of them arent even refurbed, and have got 13 yr old faded minging upholstery inside. Still passengers will decide on the 76 corridor and either be loyal to Arriva or go to NX, why would anyone want a new bus smartly presented, branding that catches the eye when they could go on a nice cadet. Had it broken down yesterday?  As it was partially blocking the road!

Chris2301

According to Arrivas website the 76A is still going to be running every hour on evenings but terminating at School Street, Wolverhampton from 31st May

woody38

Quote from: Chris2301 on May 18, 2015, 01:24:59 PM
According to Arrivas website the 76A is still going to be running every hour on evenings but terminating at School Street, Wolverhampton from 31st May
if you read the note,s further down they finish in June

Trident 4609

Quote from: Matt on May 24, 2015, 05:34:28 PM
Cadet on the 77

2704. Works 35's and 41's too due to interworking.

Westy

Quote from: woody38 on May 18, 2015, 09:11:00 PM
if you read the note,s further down they finish in June

I know it's been said the route cannot be altered for a year, but could Staffs CC 'ask' NX to divert the 54 in the evenings to cover Brewood, or is it more complicated than that?

(I know near me, Centro did get Arriva to divert the 2's to cover Midland Wednesfield 5 which had been introduced at the North Walsall Review & withdrawn subsquently!)

2257 and 3736 now in interurban livery

Meanwhile 4796 and 4851 have gone to the bus depot in the sky

Bob

How many deckers are at wednesfield now?

Trident 4609

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk