News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Quote from: 646 on May 13, 2015, 07:17:51 PM
76 group - retiming exercise and removal of Mon-Sat evening service following Staffordshire cuts
604 - rerouting of school time journeys due to parking issues
333 - remaining subsidised 9 journey renumbered to match remaining op

Oh, so that means that other than that 9/333 journey, there won't be others e.g. a full Mon-Sat timetable?
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Bob

SK52 MLE on 76 today seen almost empty Wolves bound.  Has the 54 had any impact on the route?

Chris2301

Quote from: 646 on May 13, 2015, 07:17:51 PM
76 group - retiming exercise and removal of Mon-Sat evening service following Staffordshire cuts
604 - rerouting of school time journeys due to parking issues
333 - remaining subsidised 9 journey renumbered to match remaining op

So the only link between stafford and Wolverhampton on a night time will be the 54?

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Chris2301 on May 13, 2015, 07:27:50 PM
So the only link between stafford and Wolverhampton on a night time will be the 54?

Quote from: Bob on May 13, 2015, 07:22:41 PM
SK52 MLE on 76 today seen almost empty Wolves bound.  Has the 54 had any impact on the route?

Yes and yes

Bob

Couldn't see them ever withdrawing the 76 though its a long standing service

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Bob on May 13, 2015, 07:54:08 PM
Couldn't see them ever withdrawing the 76 though its a long standing service

The 76 isn't used by many people at night (varies by day and week).

In the daytime, more people are opting for the 54. Obviously I'm not going to start knocking Arriva because I am a fan.

Bob

Shame the 154 is having no impact whatsoever in cannock

mranon

it might help if information wasnt removed from stops. i also think its strange how the 70 seems to be running similar times around featherstone onwards.

Bob

Has info definitely been removed from stops? ?

Westy

The 54 / 154 is dependent on i54 isn't it, so if & when that finishes, surely it's bye bye 54/154?

(Had a ride on the 54 yesterday, as far as Penkridge. Surprised that isn't routed via Brewood either? Wonder if Staffs might ask for the 54 to go via Brewood to replace the withdrawn Arriva service? (54A?) )

mranon

westy, from what ive seen, more non i54 people are using these services. as for brewood during the day select cover it

Westy

Quote from: mranon on May 15, 2015, 08:46:11 AM
westy, from what ive seen, more non i54 people are using these services. as for brewood during the day select cover it

Yep, but as I've said before I'd rather have a 'name' run the route.

Unless you search online or live on route, how would you know of Select?

I only know of Select through being on here.

Let's face it, your average punter will drop into the Travelshop looking for a timetable leaflet & unless the person behind is knowledgable, you're stuck!

Have you ever seen a Select leaflet?

I don't recall seeing one in Wolves Travelshop, but they print off the Arriva's anyway!

Another thing as well, was the 76 doing ok at it's previous garage, as now it's moved to Wednesfield, we're hearing about withdrawal's already!

Quote from: Westy on May 15, 2015, 10:33:00 AM
Yep, but as I've said before I'd rather have a 'name' run the route.

Unless you search online or live on route, how would you know of Select?

I only know of Select through being on here.

Let's face it, your average punter will drop into the Travelshop looking for a timetable leaflet & unless the person behind is knowledgable, you're stuck!

Have you ever seen a Select leaflet?

I don't recall seeing one in Wolves Travelshop, but they print off the Arriva's anyway!

Another thing as well, was the 76 doing ok at it's previous garage, as now it's moved to Wednesfield, we're hearing about withdrawal's already!

What withdrawals are we hearing about?

Trident 4609

Quote from: BN on May 12, 2015, 06:59:25 PM
3736 looking brand new out the paintshop, currently parked in the yard.

3737 gone in its place.

Back in traffic now. Seen on the 530 yesterday.

2550 has now disappeared from the Truck Parts Centre in Bentley Bridge. Any ideas where it has gone?

Westy

Quote from: 646 on May 15, 2015, 11:07:53 AM
What withdrawals are we hearing about?

The 76 on evening & Sundays as mentioned above.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk