News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Matt on January 25, 2015, 12:52:08 PM
2145 is parked up lifeless at the bottom of Drews Holloway facing towards Halesowen, completely abandoned no driver nearby

I would think the 13, great start to a new service!

And how do you know this is affecting service?

stuartn

Quote from: Bob on January 25, 2015, 01:36:50 PM
Quote from: stuartn on January 24, 2015, 06:02:36 PM
E200 2144 has apparently been moved over to Thurmaston with more expected to replace the MPD's.

Are Thurmastons mpds going to be withdrawn or resurface elsewhere for further service?

I think the MPDs aren't DDA compliant so would probably be withdrawn.

Bob

Quote from: stuartn on January 25, 2015, 02:10:08 PM
Quote from: Bob on January 25, 2015, 01:36:50 PM
Quote from: stuartn on January 24, 2015, 06:02:36 PM
E200 2144 has apparently been moved over to Thurmaston with more expected to replace the MPD's.

Are Thurmastons mpds going to be withdrawn or resurface elsewhere for further service?

I think the MPDs aren't DDA compliant so would probably be withdrawn.

Really I thought they were

Bob

Just out of interest what makes a low floor bus non compliant? Ive always wondered

Bob

Do some older mpds have them?

Quote from: Matt on January 25, 2015, 05:38:42 PM
Quote from: Bob on January 25, 2015, 05:37:53 PM
Just out of interest what makes a low floor bus non compliant? Ive always wondered

No ramp

There are other factors too.

Alex

Sorry to rant here, but this warrants it:

The driver of 3802 on the 1750 41 ex Walsall & 1829 41 ex Willenhall, ran slightly late arriving in Willenhall at 1831. So anyway, as i went to get back on, the driver shut the doors (with me in them >:(), and then when a passenger wanted to get on at the same time, the driver pulled off and said ''F**k him, he should've been here on time, with the other passenger, an elderly gentleman saying loudly to the driver ''That's just being nasty, asking me if i had a pen and paper, i said no, but told him the fleet number of the bus, then got off, thinking ''How come it's fine for you to be late with no one moaning, but when a passenger might, god forbid, delay you for 30 seconds, it's perfectly acceptable for you to say ''Oh, f**k him'', you idiotic hypocrite?''

I know this is unacceptable behaviour for any bus company, let alone one as big as Arriva, but do i complain to the company, who probably won't do anything about, dismissing me as a liar or go through another channel?
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

fleetline6477

Quote from: ARJ2901 on January 25, 2015, 07:03:23 PM
Sorry to rant here, but this warrants it:

The driver of 3802 on the 1750 41 ex Walsall & 1829 41 ex Willenhall, ran slightly late arriving in Willenhall at 1831. So anyway, as i went to get back on, the driver shut the doors (with me in them >:(), and then when a passenger wanted to get on at the same time, the driver pulled off and said ''F**k him, he should've been here on time, with the other passenger, an elderly gentleman saying loudly to the driver ''That's just being nasty, asking me if i had a pen and paper, i said no, but told him the fleet number of the bus, then got off, thinking ''How come it's fine for you to be late with no one moaning, but when a passenger might, god forbid, delay you for 30 seconds, it's perfectly acceptable for you to say ''Oh, f**k him'', you idiotic hypocrite?''

I know this is unacceptable behaviour for any bus company, let alone one as big as Arriva, but do i complain to the company, who probably won't do anything about, dismissing me as a liar or go through another channel?

Yes, I think you should. There should be working CCTV for Arriva to examine.

Alex

Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Ashley

Quote from: Matt on January 25, 2015, 06:56:41 PM
Quote from: 646 on January 25, 2015, 06:48:33 PM
Quote from: Matt on January 25, 2015, 05:38:42 PM
Quote from: Bob on January 25, 2015, 05:37:53 PM

No ramp

There are other factors too.

Ability to kneel and wheelchair space ?

Yes, apparently destination displays, handrails and bus stopping signs come into it. I'm sure it was discussed on here a few months back

the trainbasher

And ironing boards too...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Bloody hell Its mad how much there is. Must cost a fortune.  Could it poss put some smaller operators out of business?  Crazy when you think that in the 90s Cannocks interurban routes that didn't have deckers were being run by Tigers with loads of steps or on a lesser note nationals. Far better busesthan any mpd though. Well, for the ambulant passenger that is. Not if your in a wheelchair

Westy

Quote from: ARJ2901 on January 25, 2015, 08:32:25 PM
@fleetline6477 Have now reported it to Arriva

Did you report it via Facebook, because all they'll do is provide you with a link to Customer Services!

(And if you are a regular reader of the Facebook page, there is some debate whether that link is any use or not!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk