News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Cannocks have been worked extremely hard though,  probably on services they werent ever designed to run on, so its no surprise that theyre knackered.  Its interesting how only one of the batch has been refurbished,  & that was a few months ago,  maybe theyve abandoned it for the rest of the batch?

PM

Quote from: arrifirststage on December 23, 2014, 07:59:42 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on December 23, 2014, 06:41:40 PM
Went on one of the e200's on the 35B earlier today. God these things are awful-the number of rattles at idle was pretty awful for a less than 3 year old bus! The MPDs rattle and vibrate way less than this and as for the interior-I swear there are way more handrails than seats. Why have a big buggy bay on a vehicle that size?! Overall, solos and MPDs seem far better than these and I can see why they are sending them back to Leicester!!

Noticed also the effort at promoting the 4A service with leaflets. Looks to have a PVR of 4. Anyone know how that's doing? How about the 530 started in the summer?

Are you Bob in disguise?

Nope  ;D

Thanks for info on 530/4A!

MPDs were never intended to be worked on interurban services though. These e200's have been on urban services for less than 3 years and yet they rattle like mad already ::)

Bob

Yep MPDs were designed as minibus replacements, thats why theyre utterly s###e on the routes arriva use them on most of the time.

the trainbasher

Could the deckers be for schools and just on the 530 between them?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4609

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 23, 2014, 08:44:42 PM
Could the deckers be for schools and just on the 530 between them?

I was thinking that but on Saturdays and this week when no one is at school?

Come to think of it it probably goes onto Amazon?

bususer12

It looks like Wednesfield's had a good refurb before they came from London. Very well presented interior, and not heard of reliability issues.

PM

Quote from: bususer12 on December 23, 2014, 09:27:33 PM
It looks like Wednesfield's had a good refurb before they came from London. Very well presented interior, and not heard of reliability issues.

I agree there-the LJ51 ones in particular look "as new".

Bob

Maybe they werent thrashed as much in London either.  Y254 ( or 64) YBC at cannock is ok as is sno3 lgc /sn53 esg. Sn53 eso needs a refurb but otherwise not too bad. Fk52 mml was a nail not sure whether its still at cannock,  and the 51 plates are diabolical.  At least theres only three left now

John

Quote from: Bob on December 23, 2014, 09:31:25 PM
Fk52 mml was a nail not sure whether its still at cannock

Still there, snapped it last week

Kevin

Arriva website said today would be a Saturday service, Network WM timetables specifically for today said there would be a 06:54 10a from Pattingham this morning.

I believed the NWM site and duly waited over an hour in the freezing cold.

Someone needs shooting.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Ashley

Does anybody know if 4716 and 4718 are out today? Thanks

Westy

Quote from: Ashley on December 29, 2014, 11:11:42 AM
Does anybody know if 4716 and 4718 are out today? Thanks

They stopped briefly together at the Portobello buslayby in Willenhall about 15 mins ago!

jack5512

anyone seen any lowlanders about pleased

jack5512

jack5512

when is last day of all Deckers at arriva

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk