News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Arent the alx400s older? 

BN

Quote from: Bob on December 21, 2014, 04:42:18 PM
Arent the alx400s older?

Yes they are. You struggle getting body parts for the East Lancs.

PM

Quote from: BN on December 21, 2014, 04:56:28 PM
Quote from: Bob on December 21, 2014, 04:42:18 PM
Arent the alx400s older?

Yes they are. You struggle getting body parts for the East Lancs.

ANE are doing the reverse-withdrawing S  JUA alx400s and keeping the East Lancs ones which are in very good condition overall...

Bob

The alx ones have a really naff lower saloon seating arrangement

PM

Quote from: Bob on December 21, 2014, 05:36:11 PM
The alx ones have a really naff lower saloon seating arrangement

You can say that again!

I couldn't see the rest of the lowlanders being scrapped though as they would be most likely to go for spares to other Arriva companies in my opinion.

notepanel

It still annoys me every time I see it, despite it being the same for a while now, but the side destinations on the last 19 of the day show 'Blakenhall' rather than 'Blakenall'.

Helpfully, the service departed Walsall this evening 4 minutes early, leaving behind some customers who arrived before the scheduled 1820 departure.

Westy

Quote from: notepanel on December 22, 2014, 07:25:50 PM
It still annoys me every time I see it, despite it being the same for a while now, but the side destinations on the last 19 of the day show 'Blakenhall' rather than 'Blakenall'.

Helpfully, the service departed Walsall this evening 4 minutes early, leaving behind some customers who arrived before the scheduled 1820 departure.

Network West Midlands also have trouble spelling Blakenall as well.

You could report the early running on the Arriva Midlands West Facebook page, even if its just to get that badge of honour of Arriva 'asking' you to report it separately to their Customer Services via the 'special link'!

tphi12000

Noted 3734 on X35 this evening in Lichfield ,not sure how long its been at Wednesfield.
Tony

Trident 4609

Quote from: tphi12000 on December 22, 2014, 09:59:43 PM
Noted 3734 on X35 this evening in Lichfield ,not sure how long its been at Wednesfield.

3732-3739 were transferred last month/this month

BN

Quote from: Nathan on December 23, 2014, 09:14:34 AM
Quote from: tphi12000 on December 22, 2014, 09:59:43 PM

3732-3739 were transferred last month/this month

Still waiting for 3732 and 35.

PM

Went on one of the e200's on the 35B earlier today. God these things are awful-the number of rattles at idle was pretty awful for a less than 3 year old bus! The MPDs rattle and vibrate way less than this and as for the interior-I swear there are way more handrails than seats. Why have a big buggy bay on a vehicle that size?! Overall, solos and MPDs seem far better than these and I can see why they are sending them back to Leicester!!

Noticed also the effort at promoting the 4A service with leaflets. Looks to have a PVR of 4. Anyone know how that's doing? How about the 530 started in the summer?

Trident 4609

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 23, 2014, 06:41:40 PM
Went on one of the e200's on the 35B earlier today. God these things are awful-the number of rattles at idle was pretty awful for a less than 3 year old bus! The MPDs rattle and vibrate way less than this and as for the interior-I swear there are way more handrails than seats. Why have a big buggy bay on a vehicle that size?! Overall, solos and MPDs seem far better than these and I can see why they are sending them back to Leicester!!

Noticed also the effort at promoting the 4A service with leaflets. Looks to have a PVR of 4. Anyone know how that's doing? How about the 530 started in the summer?

Neither services are heaving. Seen a few ok loaded 4A's though. I don't know why they are using DD's on the 530! Certainly not needed on there

arrifirststage

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 23, 2014, 06:41:40 PM

Are you Bob in disguise?

Bob

The 530 is a handy link from cannock to bilston market if u get a 68/70 in, then its only a 15 min ride into bilston.  Handy if you have a day saver.  The most ive seens about 6 passengers but havent used it for about a month so might have picked up

Bob

Some of Wednesfields darts are despite being 51 plates not that rattly etc, but were refurbished. Cannocks 51 plates are absolutely shocking, BU51 KWM vibrates so badly the change is rattling!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk