News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Quote from: leewhayward29 on November 19, 2014, 03:10:32 AM
Quote from: Bob on November 18, 2014, 10:05:11 PM
Deckers totally wasted on the 19 andy.

I think the 9 or a route that needs double deckers on more than the 19

I'm not an expert but to me, it makes more sense putting deckers on the 10/10A/10B cause they do actually carry people. The 9 tends to only need a midibus, and the 19 could get away with that, I reckon
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Trident 4609

Quote from: 646 on November 18, 2014, 10:03:32 PM
Quote from: jack4325 on November 18, 2014, 09:08:30 PM
IM sure today i saw a double Decker on the 18 i could be wrong or it could just have wrong display on

No, the first 18 today and yesterday was covered by a decker due to a late-running 837 college service.

That would have struggled down Olinthus Ave!

Bob

They put deckers on 10/a/b cos some trips do schools dont they? Otherwise a cadet or full size single decker / alx200 dart would be fine

Ashley

Quote from: Bob on November 19, 2014, 09:27:50 AM
They put deckers on 10/a/b cos some trips do schools dont they? Otherwise a cadet or full size single decker / alx200 dart would be fine

There's a 10A that does a trip from Codsall High School. The 10 and 10B carry alot of kids to and from Compton Park and Padget Road. The deckers are full mornings and afternoons and sometimes during the day

So, Bob, instead of slating Arriva as per. Think back to the days of the 510, NX used deckers which weren't heaving in the daytimes themselves

Bob

Oh well its the only wednesfield route that is heaving. ( if it is)And how come theyve used darts on there that have coped perfectly well. ?

And its an established service inherited from midland.  Every new route they try falls flat on its face and faiks miserably.  You cant deny that...

mranon

why would a decker struggle down olinthus ave on the 18? its no longer than some of the single deck buses midland then arriva have used in the past!

Trident 4609

Quote from: mranon on November 19, 2014, 09:58:35 PM
why would a decker struggle down olinthus ave on the 18? its no longer than some of the single deck buses midland then arriva have used in the past!

Low hanging trees

Kevin

Quote from: Bob on November 19, 2014, 08:37:44 PM
Oh well its the only wednesfield route that is heaving. ( if it is)And how come theyve used darts on there that have coped perfectly well. ?

And its an established service inherited from midland.  Every new route they try falls flat on its face and faiks miserably.  You cant deny that...

Not quite... It's a route they inherited from Midland but modified themselves to incorporate the Pattingham route, while at the same time giving that a better (ie, once an hour, not sporadic) service. I'd call that a success
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

BN

Another vehicle type coming to Wednesfield, LWB.

Cheese

Quote from: Kevin on November 20, 2014, 12:18:09 PM
Quote from: Bob on November 19, 2014, 08:37:44 PM

Not quite... It's a route they inherited from Midland but modified themselves to incorporate the Pattingham route, while at the same time giving that a better (ie, once an hour, not sporadic) service. I'd call that a success

But bear in mind the section from Perton to Pattingham is tendered, always has been but was part of a different contract when a Arriva were running it as the 516/7 so the buses used were doing other things as well as Pattingham runs.

PM

Quote from: BN on November 20, 2014, 04:09:30 PM

Can you reveal what type of vehicle yet?

Tony

3733 Plaxton Centro from Shrewsbury

BN

Quote from: Tony on November 21, 2014, 04:17:49 PM

With 3732,34,35,36,37,38,39 to follow

PM

Quote from: BN on November 21, 2014, 08:17:45 PM
Quote from: Tony on November 21, 2014, 04:17:49 PM

With 3732,34,35,36,37,38,39 to follow

Which routes need those?!

arrivadays

With the Centros going, what will be the replacements in the Shrewsbury end? StreetLites again?
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk