News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivadays

Quote from: bwsau cymru on August 28, 2014, 01:20:26 PM
I heard that Bridgnorth was going, it will be a sad loss. TELFORD WILL NOT BE RUNNING EVERYTHING!!! The 436 is going back to Shrewsbury and why on earth would telford run the 890 when it goes no wear near to telford yet runs into a city where an arriva garage is under 5 miles away??

So who's going to run the Arriva journeys on the 141? And the 738/740?
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

bwsau cymru

the Knighton and Ludlow service was originally at Shrewsbury. so I really don't know. I imagine that services will eventually end up back from where the came, the only exception is anything new or anything that ran out of shifnal. I can see some timetable changes happening too, as the 436 was changed around the time it went to bridgnorth so that everything started there, this could happen to the 890 to allow it to run from wolves.
campaigning for better transport for all

fleetline6477

Quote from: arrivadays on August 29, 2014, 09:24:45 AM
I heard that Bridgnorth was going, it will be a sad loss. TELFORD WILL NOT BE RUNNING EVERYTHING!!! The 436 is going back to Shrewsbury and why on earth would telford run the 890 when it goes no wear near to telford yet runs into a city where an arriva garage is under 5 miles away??

I imagine that the 890 will interwork at Wolverhampton with 891/2 Wolverhampton - Telford routes, which I believe they have done in the past.

Westy

Quote from: fleetline6477 on August 29, 2014, 10:11:53 PM
Quote from: arrivadays on August 29, 2014, 09:24:45 AM

I imagine that the 890 will interwork at Wolverhampton with 891/2 Wolverhampton - Telford routes, which I believe they have done in the past.

Another route unreliability to complain about probably on Facebook, if the Cannock 60/825 is anything to go by!

bwsau cymru

890/891/892 have never interworked.

892 was originally run by wellington, then when the 891 came along it was operated spilit between shifnal and shrewsbury.

890 has always been stand alone.
campaigning for better transport for all

Westy

Where does Shifnal come into this?

Did they have an outstation there or something?

arrivadays

Pretty certain there was a Shifnal outstation yes - guessing it used to operate the 113/114 (maybe 115/116), 892, 91/92.

The 891 and 892 are operated by Telford now, I believe - a majority of journeys interworked with the 96 when that was Arriva TF, but now that it's gone to Bryn Melyn , it's just its own working now.

I myself would think the SB120s that are supposedly going from Telford to Wednesfield maybe to cover as vehicles for the 890, should it go to Wednesfield's operation (which would make more sense, let's be honest).

Also, wouldn't it make more sense for Whittle (who operate the large majority of 141) to take over Arriva's remaining journey(s), as well as run the 738/740.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Busman Jamie

Shifnal shut then Bridgnorth came into light

Trident 4609

2715 seen going down Wednesfield Rd towards Wednesfield Garage yesterday

2714 and 2715 now at Wednesfield. 2722 in for refurbishment.

2234, 2253 and 2254 now at Longton.

andrew1991

FE51 WSU currently parked at walsall bus station on the 19

Yes, 4715 is the first of several additional double-deckers for Amazon work.

notepanel

Perhaps nothing, but the VOSA registration for the 9 timetable/route change in October, lists the start/end point as being Willenhall, Lion Hotel.

Now I know VOSA don't normally change these details, but the 9 operated by Arriva has never gone through to Willenhall (in my view it should have done when the 333 was withdrawn). Does anyone know if there is anything to this?

leewhayward29

is there going to be any new buses at Wednesfield garage?
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

Bob

Saw LF52 UOG in lichfield earlier on 35. Sounds really rough and the brakes screech to high heaven

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk