News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

I don't think we need any more buses on the 59! Diamond withdrew due to the fact a large majority of passengers either prefer to jump on the NX bus or they have a Travelcard.  I used to watch the Diamond buses turn up at the stop and you usually only got the pensioners who got on. And along with the 69/89 plus the hourly 68 and the 28 down Wednesfield Rd it has enough buses as it is

Steveminor

A few years back (when ampm) were in tamworth. Their inspector admitted to me that tamworth garage had investigated a few nx routes that they could try & compete on. This was to highlight the fact they weren't scared to chase ampm in the west midlands routes. The routes he mentioned would work for them. I think the real reason they don't do anything big is due to the very real possibility of nx retaliating in their territory & that is to big a risk

BN

Quote from: Busman Jamie on August 26, 2014, 11:22:22 AM
Bridgnorth Depot is set to shut next month with all services being operated out of Telford Garrage

Next month? Sunday isnt it.

Bob

Quote from: Steveminor on August 27, 2014, 07:14:44 AM
A few years back (when ampm) were in tamworth. Their inspector admitted to me that tamworth garage had investigated a few nx routes that they could try & compete on. This was to highlight the fact they weren't scared to chase ampm in the west midlands routes. The routes he mentioned would work for them. I think the real reason they don't do anything big is due to the very real possibility of nx retaliating in their territory & that is to big a risk

So was there any point in buying midland then?

BN

Well it makes money so I would say yes.

Bob

I wouldnt imagine its your most profitable garage though?  Considering the lack of investment in new buses compared with new garages and that other than the few remaining deckers everything else is midibuses. When are the deckers due to arrive at cannock?

Steveminor

Midland had started to encroach on their territory with more routes planned. So yes buying it did make sense

Bob

Which area? In cannock all they had were three tendered routes all of which carried fresh air for the most part.  They had the 878 in stafford again not really encroaching on them much...

Steveminor

Some cannock work was commercial but even tendered work, well they were competing for tenders against arriva
Without midland arriva are almost certain to win 99% of tenders

Bob

What commercial work did midland ever have in cannock? ? And two of the midland routes in cannock are now run by select.  All arriva still have left is the 62

Steveminor

Well the 62 was commercial having bought the route from heartlands.

Bob

Im pretty sure the 62 is a scc subsidised route

Cheese

Quote from: Bob on August 27, 2014, 07:59:04 PM
Im pretty sure the 62 is a scc subsidised route

As mentioned on a previous post (possibly in another thread) other than early mornings and the Sunday 62A journeys the 62 is commercial.

Bob

Crikey its hardly the busiest!  Arriva withdrew off it before due to its chronic unprofitabilty

andy

Quote from: Bob on August 27, 2014, 09:00:24 PM
Crikey its hardly the busiest!  Arriva withdrew off it before due to its chronic unprofitabilty

How on earth do you know that??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk