News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

As opposed to the Zilch in two years?  I mean competing with Banga.....lol

Westy

Quote from: Winston on August 25, 2014, 04:36:49 PM
Quote from: Bob on August 25, 2014, 09:13:19 AM
Plenty of ideas in the pot? Do you think any of them will actually work given arrivas track record in the w.m. with launching new routes? Cos theyve all been flops!

More sb120s to come? Sounds like a right upgrade.....

You'd have thought with all the former NXWM management that Arriva now have, that they might have made more of an impact within the West Midlands......

Without naming names,  from which parts of Nx did they come from?

If they are from the garages covered in the Arriva Wednesfield patch (Walsall,  Wolverhampton,  Pensnett & West Bromwich) then these guys should have an idea what works and what doesn't,  as they should know the patch.

If they come from the Birmingham garages or Coventry,  surely they wouldn't know the patch as such?

I still wonder whether the 890 ought to be operated by Wednesfield unless there's a particular reason the Bridgnorth outstation should be kept on?

What does Bridgnorth operate exactly?  Is the 297 still being operated by Arriva after various cuts?

D10

The people in question may have moved on now from Arriva Midlands, but I am sure that they have had the former NXWM Operations Director, the old Black Country area Director, a West Bromwich Operations Manager and an Engineering Manager who looked after Walsall and West Brom in his time.

Ashley

The brisgnorth outstayion still runs the 297 and 890 but I think that's it. Surely the work could go elsewhere, I personally think the 890 could generate a greater income than it does now personally, later buses especially in the summer would be a start to breath life into a route barely changed since nbc days

bwsau cymru

what about the 99, 113, 114, 141, 436 and knighton service??
Quote from: Ashley on August 25, 2014, 09:27:19 PM
The brisgnorth outstayion still runs the 297 and 890 but I think that's it. Surely the work could go elsewhere, I personally think the 890 could generate a greater income than it does now personally, later buses especially in the summer would be a start to breath life into a route barely changed since nbc days
campaigning for better transport for all

Busman Jamie

Bridgnorth Depot is set to shut next month with all services being operated out of Telford Garrage

arrivadays

Quote from: Busman Jamie on August 26, 2014, 11:22:22 AM
Bridgnorth Depot is set to shut next month with all services being operated out of Telford Garrage

I thought they already were doing this?  ???

Telford seemed to keep giving its buses to Bridgnorth to run, and the ones that are listed as Bridgnorth end up here (2297 was on the 23/24 this afternoon - but that's apparently a Bridgnorth vehicle). It's always confused me tbh...

Quote from: Westy on August 25, 2014, 08:54:33 PM
Quote from: Winston on August 25, 2014, 04:36:49 PM
Quote from: Bob on August 25, 2014, 09:13:19 AM
Plenty of ideas in the pot? Do you think any of them will actually work given arrivas track record in the w.m. with launching new routes? Cos theyve all been flops!

More sb120s to come? Sounds like a right upgrade.....

You'd have thought with all the former NXWM management that Arriva now have, that they might have made more of an impact within the West Midlands......

I still wonder whether the 890 ought to be operated by Wednesfield unless there's a particular reason the Bridgnorth outstation should be kept on?

What does Bridgnorth operate exactly?  Is the 297 still being operated by Arriva after various cuts?

88/99, 113/114/115/116, one journey on the 141, 297, 436, 738/740, 890

Also seen two other services on the Bridgnorth bus services list on Arriva - 227 and a Wombourne Sainsbury's Shuttle? Are these also operated by Bridgnorth?
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

the trainbasher

The 227 and the sainsburys bus are both Wednesfield duties

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Westy

Quote from: D10 on August 25, 2014, 09:05:20 PM
The people in question may have moved on now from Arriva Midlands, but I am sure that they have had the former NXWM Operations Director, the old Black Country area Director, a West Bromwich Operations Manager and an Engineering Manager who looked after Walsall and West Brom in his time.

So with the guys that supposedly knew the area, what went wrong?

Westy

Quote from: Busman Jamie on August 26, 2014, 11:22:22 AM

Even the 890?

That's daft.

They could make it a 10C & run it from Wednesfield!

Bob

Quote from: Westy on August 26, 2014, 06:06:07 PM

Id say NX. Arriva are sort of stumped.  If they try to compete on an nx busy route nx would wipe the floor with them sotheyre left wwith piecemeal stuff like lightly loaded tendered services and the odd commercial moneyspinner like the 10. Plus the amount of passengers with nx travel cards would screw them over on trunk routes

PM

Quote from: Bob on August 26, 2014, 06:45:14 PM
Quote from: Westy on August 26, 2014, 06:06:07 PM

Id say NX. Arriva are sort of stumped.  If they try to compete on an nx busy route nx would wipe the floor with them sotheyre left wwith piecemeal stuff like lightly loaded tendered services and the odd commercial moneyspinner like the 10. Plus the amount of passengers with nx travel cards would screw them over on trunk routes

So they end up competing with Banga :P They'd have been better off staying on the 334 and building that up as it seemed to do ok and the 310 had potential as well...

They've so far tried an old service built up by BCC that was lost-310-and tagged it along to a tendered service. The 530/334-competing commercial service with same number and 19/10-variations on current services/corridors. Neither seems to have been particularly successful. I don't get why they don't have a go on something like the 59/529E/1? Basically, they don't seem to want to compete with NX so end up competing with smaller operators operating less busy services which will carry even fewer passengers for them?

Bob

Yea they don't seem to have made any impact at all. What a waste of time buying midland was. Cant imagine them doing well in future either

Westy

There's few points of contact isn't there?

Certainly, for example, it would be difficult to do say Lichfield, Walsall, Wolverhampton by Arriva.

Bob

Or cannock walsall dudley...cannock walsall brum....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk