News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: arrivadays on August 19, 2014, 07:06:08 PM
Quote from: Bob on August 19, 2014, 06:28:50 PM
Hopefully theyll  get cannocks four! Nice and smooth and quiet but seriously who designed the legroom on the 03 plate ones?

But the lack of legroom is made-up in the seat department (i.e. comfort and headrests).

A seat is not comfortable if you can't get your legs in properly

Bob

Quote from: Tony on August 19, 2014, 07:16:11 PM
Quote from: arrivadays on August 19, 2014, 07:06:08 PM
Quote from: Bob on August 19, 2014, 06:28:50 PM
Hopefully theyll  get cannocks four! Nice and smooth and quiet but seriously who designed the legroom on the 03 plate ones?

But the lack of legroom is made-up in the seat department (i.e. comfort and headrests).

A seat is not comfortable if you can't get your legs in properly

And youd have to be an amputee to get behind those! Even less room than NX B6s and thats saying something!  Ive always wondered why BU03 HRK has never been refurbished it was the worst of the four!

Solo1

SMK

According to an Arriva driver, Arriva are to withdraw from the 530 by the the end of September.
Is there any truth to this?
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

the trainbasher

Knowing arriva's track record with Wednesfield I wouldn't be surprised!!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Quote from: SMK on August 22, 2014, 08:13:38 PM
According to an Arriva driver, Arriva are to withdraw from the 530 by the the end of September.

HAHAHAHA another success story

Westy

Well if you wasn't worried about Wednesfield before......

Surely Head Office must be worried long term?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Westy on August 22, 2014, 10:15:17 PM
Well if you wasn't worried about Wednesfield before......

Surely Head Office must be worried long term?

They think its all over...It is now!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Not the case, besides a cancellation would have been entered.

I think this rumour stems from the on-bus notice for the return ticket which has an end date of late September.

SMK

Quote from: 646 on August 22, 2014, 10:18:06 PM

Not the case, besides a cancellation would have been entered.

I think this rumour stems from the on-bus notice for the return ticket which has an end date of late September.

Thought so.
Wouldn't have made sense to come off of it that soon.
Although, with such a high combined frequency of Banga/Arriva buses between Bilston and Rocket Pool (77, 530, 53,) I can't see it continuing like this for too long.
It's not like it's a corridor that was crying out for more buses.
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

Westy

Is what was the 369 between Walsall & Willenhall still required?

Perhaps they could introduce that say as a 72 instead?
(Sticking with the stupid numbering system introduced a few years back!)

Alternatively extend the 9 from Bentley/Lodge Farm via Birchtree Hollow, Bentley Lane onto Beechdale & terminate at Sainsburys !

Have any Bentley residents asked for a link to Sainsburys?

Bob

I cant imagine wednesfield having any new successful commercial services
... I mean going into competition with Banga....imagine the humiliation if Banga win

BN

There are plenty of ideas in the pot.

Good results from latest tender rounds.

More SB120's to come.

Bob

Plenty of ideas in the pot? Do you think any of them will actually work given arrivas track record in the w.m. with launching new routes? Cos theyve all been flops!

More sb120s to come? Sounds like a right upgrade.....

winston

Quote from: Bob on August 25, 2014, 09:13:19 AM
Plenty of ideas in the pot? Do you think any of them will actually work given arrivas track record in the w.m. with launching new routes? Cos theyve all been flops!

More sb120s to come? Sounds like a right upgrade.....

You'd have thought with all the former NXWM management that Arriva now have, that they might have made more of an impact within the West Midlands......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk