News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Got a last ride on the 310 yesterday. Unfortunately, it was one of their e200's which I hadn't been on before. It rode appallingly badly, rattled and shook like mad and had more handrails etc than seats. Dreadful.

Does anyone know if they're leased or not as they aren't standard Arriva spec inside?

A few loyal passengers asking about the 310 and when it was stopping with the driver as stickers on bus stops had already been removed.

Shame though-used this route a lot and generally Arriva offered a good quality service on there...

Bob

Werent the e200s dealer stock like the centros at cannock?  I went on one a few wks back on the 9 it wasnt too bad least theyre modern and a bit quieter than darts. See what you mean re interiors though a bit naff. Its weird that sn53 esg has just been treated to a refurb at cannock but not been resprayed I dont really get that? Unless the seats were so bad it was going to fail an mot or something

Bob

What with the 310 334 & curtailing the 19 anyone think arriva will ever get the magic formula and have a service that's a big hit? The driver on the 530 the other week said he couldn't see it lasting

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on July 19, 2014, 01:20:14 PM
Got a last ride on the 310 yesterday. Unfortunately, it was one of their e200's which I hadn't been on before. It rode appallingly badly, rattled and shook like mad and had more handrails etc than seats. Dreadful.

Does anyone know if they're leased or not as they aren't standard Arriva spec inside?

A few loyal passengers asking about the 310 and when it was stopping with the driver as stickers on bus stops had already been removed.

Shame though-used this route a lot and generally Arriva offered a good quality service on there...

I think the E200's may have been acquired via Mistral hence the MX registration plates

Westy

Quote from: Bob on July 19, 2014, 01:42:12 PM
What with the 310 334 & curtailing the 19 anyone think arriva will ever get the magic formula and have a service that's a big hit? The driver on the 530 the other week said he couldn't see it lasting

Other than competing on a NX service, I'm struggling to think of one.

Anyone in the Willenhall area still lamenting the loss of the old 369 service?

How many Willenhall people are missing their trip to Sainsburys Reedswood?

Bob

Theyd need some bigger and better buses if they were gonna compete with NX. Refurbished darts they might be but theyre still 13 yr old midibuses...imagine arriva putting an army of them on the 51/X51 or 529 etc? Lol

PM

Quote from: Winston on July 19, 2014, 04:02:10 PM

I think the E200's may have been acquired via Mistral hence the MX registration plates

I did wonder that-Mistral lease a lot of vehicles don't they so it seems a possibility that Arriva Midlands don't actually even own them... Mind you, they're better with the LJ51 darts

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on July 19, 2014, 05:47:59 PM

I did wonder that-Mistral lease a lot of vehicles don't they so it seems a possibility that Arriva Midlands don't actually even own them... Mind you, they're better with the LJ51 darts

You can buy as well as rent through Mistral

PM

Quote from: Winston on July 19, 2014, 09:07:59 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on July 19, 2014, 05:47:59 PM

You can buy as well as rent through Mistral

True, it could be that they were acquired at short notice and so couldn't form part of their 2012 orders and be to Arriva spec. They must be unusual in that regard though-even leased NE solos are to standard spec.

Kevin

Quote from: Bob on July 19, 2014, 01:42:12 PM

There's plenty of potential for new routes but if you don't try then you won't find out. Actually thought their 310 would have done ok but apparently not.
Maybe extend the 1 from Walsall through to Brum?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

That wouldn't work.  A cannock to brum service never has for years.  Look at the frequency of the 51/x51. Nx would obliterate them.

Kevin

Quote from: Bob on July 21, 2014, 09:11:21 AM
That wouldn't work.  A cannock to brum service never has for years.  Look at the frequency of the 51/x51. Nx would obliterate them.

Valid, bit look at the 110, Arriva do fine on there despite the NX service, take the 51 out the equation as that's all stops (ergo, slower) and the X51 is only every 20
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

Id imagine a lot of 51/X51 passengers are travelcard holders which would erode arrivas customer base

Westy

Centro don't help sometimes.

(I know this is a Cannock depot service before you say anything!)

I've suggested rerouting the 2 & 2a away from the Leamore shops & turning right at the KFC (Four Crosses) roundabout instead & sending the service via Beechdale & Reedswood Sainsburys.

Centro's answer was that it wouldn't pay sending the bus back down Green Lane(Which wasn't what I said!) & leave people in Leamore Lane without a service, to which I replied 'Well there's no actual physical bus stops in that section of Leamore Lane anyway!'.

Needless to say, no response yet from either Centro or Arriva.

Bob

Why would you route it round beechdale? Itd take longer than it already does anyway and be pretty pointless as theres plenty of nx buses that go there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk