News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 10, 2014, 08:28:17 PM
@DiamondDart 2112 was the Dart if my maths is right

:) Sure it is!! Thanks :) Will be avoiding that!

Trident 4609

Quote from: DiamondDart on July 10, 2014, 08:21:57 PM
I went on an absolutely knackered MPD on the 217 today. Without wishing to sound like Bob, and I actually like MPDs generally, it had no seats behind the cab and rattled and shook like mad. I also counted the different types of moquette-7 on one bus, including some in a horrible black mesh type material :P Such a contrast to the LJ51's.

That may have been 2112 then if it was unrefurbed

nitromatt1

I've actually travelled on a couple of excellent Arriva MPDs recently, 2113 & 2295. Yes ok the seating isn't brilliant but they're both very fast considering what they are

PM

Quote from: Matt on July 10, 2014, 09:15:01 PM
I've actually travelled on a couple of excellent Arriva MPDs recently, 2113 & 2295. Yes ok the seating isn't brilliant but they're both very fast considering what they are

Oh I know the majority are excellent but that was what surprised me-that this was such a nail!

nitromatt1

Quote from: DiamondDart on July 10, 2014, 09:30:42 PM

Oh I know the majority are excellent but that was what surprised me-that this was such a nail!

They're darts mate, they can only be so good. Thank god Green Bus only have 1 in service.

PM

Quote from: Matt on July 10, 2014, 09:35:33 PM

They're darts mate, they can only be so good. Thank god Green Bus only have 1 in service.

One of Britain's best selling buses... economic and accessible when new comfortable reliable and good for drivers engineers and accountants not to mention how passenger friendly they are. Give me a dart over pretty much anythingother than a b7rle or citaro.

Westy

Any idea why some Arriva vehicles are in a darker aqua?

Are these recent repaints?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Westy on July 10, 2014, 10:44:58 PM
Any idea why some Arriva vehicles are in a darker aqua?

Are these recent repaints?

Yes. If you are referring to the Y-HKE darts then a fair few have been recently been repainted/refurbed from the former Midland livery.

Bob

Quote from: DiamondDart on July 10, 2014, 10:42:45 PM
Quote from: Matt on July 10, 2014, 09:35:33 PM

One of Britain's best selling buses... economic and accessible when new comfortable reliable and good for drivers engineers and accountants not to mention how passenger friendly they are. Give me a dart over pretty much anythingother than a b7rle or citaro.

They are what they are. They were designed as mini/midibus replacements and arent suitable for longer distance services.  Noisy and terrible legroom on some.

Bob

The best dart at cannock is SN03 LGC. the ones with ISBE engines ie 52 plate onwards are much smoother machines than any with B series ones. Ive never been able to figure why early step entry darts were so much quieter than early mpds as theyve both got the same engine

winston

PD0000478/344 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS NORTH LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, THURMASTON GARAGE, 4 WESTMORELAND AVENUE, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH
    Variation Accepted: Operating between Walsall and Lichfield given service number 35/35A/X35 effective from 01-Sep-2014. To amend Timetable.

PD0000478/351 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS NORTH LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, THURMASTON GARAGE, 4 WESTMORELAND AVENUE, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH
    Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Walsall Bus Station and Litchfield BusStation given service number 35B effective from 07-Sep-2014.

Que Bob  :P

nitromatt1

Interesting spelling of Lichfield there

Westy

They can't leave that Walsall to Lichfield route alone can they?

Bob

Cue bob you mean lol...not really interested in the walsall to lichfield routes tbh. Doesnt take a genius to work out thatththey're not particularly successful?  No one else has ever made a lot from them have they lol

Kevin

Quote from: Bob on July 11, 2014, 07:06:53 PM
Cue bob you mean lol...not really interested in the walsall to lichfield routes tbh. Doesnt take a genius to work out thatththey're not particularly successful?  No one else has ever made a lot from them have they lol

But by combining an already existing service with an important interurban route they can operate both of them quite effectively and please users of both routes at the same time, surely?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk