News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Yea potentially.  A garage built on about 80 percent tendered services and virtually zero commercial wouldn't really constitute secure employment would it lol

Solo1

Any seen y382 or the 3 new solos that have arrived
at wedsfield

winston

Quote from: Bob on July 05, 2014, 12:06:20 PM
Yea potentially.  A garage built on about 80 percent tendered services and virtually zero commercial wouldn't really constitute secure employment would it lol

Definitely not with WMSNT rapidly gobbling up the majority of Centro area tenders

Bob

Imagine if wednesfield had to run on commercial lines and was charged to run its operations at a profit. ....lmaoooo

Westy

Quote from: Bob on July 05, 2014, 12:26:28 PM
Imagine if wednesfield had to run on commercial lines and was charged to run its operations at a profit. ....lmaoooo

As I said on Facebook, if NX bought the Cannock operations, they'd probably shut it & run the services from Walsall & Wolves.

Where that would leave Wednesfield & probably Stafford is anyone's guess.

(That gives me an idea for a What If! How would you reorganise the Cannock operations to fit with NX Walsall & Wolves? Will have to have a think!)

Bob

That was the plan when they were gona buy it before

John

Is 2619 only on loan from Stafford or transferred? On the 334 today

Trident 4609

Quote from: John on July 05, 2014, 09:23:07 PM
Is 2619 only on loan from Stafford or transferred? On the 334 today

It has been here a few weeks now so i am not sure. I say transfer some over to Wednesfield to replace some smaller vehicles

winston

Quote from: Bob on July 05, 2014, 09:14:59 PM
That was the plan when they were gona buy it before

Obviously that was pre-Wednesfield as well

andy

Quote from: Westy on July 05, 2014, 08:59:13 PM

As I said on Facebook, if NX bought the Cannock operations, they'd probably shut it & run the services from Walsall & Wolves.

(That gives me an idea for a What If! How would you reorganise the Cannock operations to fit with NX Walsall & Wolves? Will have to have a think!)

I wouldn't waist your grey matter, seeing as it's a total fantasy.

Bob

Shortly before Arriva bought Chase they were in discussion with Arriva about buying the cannock operation. ...

winston

Quote from: andy on July 06, 2014, 10:44:22 AM

Fantasy now, but came very close in Sept 2006. The deal must have collapsed at the last minute:

--- In staffordshireandmerseysidebuses@yahoogroups.com, Jack Grove<j4ckg@...> wrote:

Sorry, ignore my last posting regarding TWM Cannock. Here's what will officially happen, as granted by David Miller of TWM.

"no date yet, I think what is actually happening is TWM are buying the routes & the staff but not the garage or buses, so it will
happen when the new single deck B7s arrive which will create plenty of spare buses like this

19 new B7s to Walsall
  18 B10Bs Walsall to Perry Barr to put on 28 route
  Metros released from PB to go to Wolverhampton to release single decks for Cannock

19 new B7 to AG
  Geminis currently on 37 route go to YW to release Lynx to Walsall

8 Lynx form YW + 12 withdrawn ones from Miller Street to Walsall
for operating "Brownhills" group of services to release B6s for
Cannock

Non-off this is definate facts yet, but that is the likely
combination"

Thanks,
  Jack Grove.

andy

Quote from: Winston on July 06, 2014, 11:05:28 AM
Quote from: andy on July 06, 2014, 10:44:22 AM

Fantasy now, but came very close in Sept 2006. The deal must have collapsed at the last minute:

--- In staffordshireandmerseysidebuses@yahoogroups.com, Jack Grove<j4ckg@...> wrote:

Sorry, ignore my last posting regarding TWM Cannock. Here's what will officially happen, as granted by David Miller of TWM.

"no date yet, I think what is actually happening is TWM are buying the routes & the staff but not the garage or buses, so it will
happen when the new single deck B7s arrive which will create plenty of spare buses like this

19 new B7s to Walsall
  18 B10Bs Walsall to Perry Barr to put on 28 route
  Metros released from PB to go to Wolverhampton to release single decks for Cannock

19 new B7 to AG
  Geminis currently on 37 route go to YW to release Lynx to Walsall

8 Lynx form YW + 12 withdrawn ones from Miller Street to Walsall
for operating "Brownhills" group of services to release B6s for
Cannock

Non-off this is definate facts yet, but that is the likely
combination"

Thanks,
  Jack Grove.

Oh I know there was talk then, I was working for Arriva at the time. But Arriva are in a very different place now and I would put my house on no part of Arriva ever passing to NX, or anyone else for that matter. I think the Scottish disposal was the last you will see of its type,

Bob

Were they as s##t then as they are now? Did u see what happened friday? Buses broken down on an hourly service in cannock bus station and no replacement sent. Then broken down bus on the 60 again with no spare bus. Leading to a missing bus on the 825, a busy route with pulsars, and the next bus on said route ( which had to obviously take twice as many passengers) was a 36 seat midibus? Everyone at the bus stop were saying how poor arrivas service is,bbuses missing,  with no explanation,  broken down etc. Its ok on high frequency stuff like nx 51/529 etc cos there'll be another along in a few mins but on irregular services like a lot of cannocks. ...

Bob

And I know im gonna get slated for Slagging arriva cannock off cos they're fantastic wonderful etc but cmon guys the above is inexcusable?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk