News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

Quote from: Winston on June 20, 2014, 10:13:10 PM
Quote from: Bob on June 20, 2014, 10:09:39 PM
Lol I was being sarcastic I didnt mean that in its literal implication :)). As I said commercial services wise itll just be as naff as chase takeover.  Poss with exception of the 10

I know...

I was going to ask you to fill us in without using crap / Dart / MPD / BU51--- etc in your reply  :P

....threadbare / interurban / allocating / lightweight / 13 years / lol.......etc......

Westy

And they've got to debrand those Mpds too!

Kevin

Quote from: andyallen4014 on June 20, 2014, 03:41:48 PM
Quote from: Bob on June 20, 2014, 03:37:00 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on June 20, 2014, 12:47:43 PM
310 will only run along the old 327 section of route. The merry hill to Wednesbury bit is going according to Centro site

Yet another success :-p Maybe they oughta give up the ghost lol

The old 327 bit is the tendered section whereas the 610 and the Dudley - Merry Hill 'new' bits are commercial so that must be the reason for what has been left.

Actually thought the 610 was tendered as well, any guesses what will become of the section around Great Bridge then?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Solo1

Any one seen 2115 today

Trident 4609

andyallen4014

Quote from: Kevin on June 21, 2014, 09:17:10 AM
310 will only run along the old 327 section of route. The merry hill to Wednesbury bit is going according to Centro site

The old 327 bit is the tendered section whereas the 610 and the Dudley - Merry Hill 'new' bits are commercial so that must be the reason for what has been left.

Actually thought the 610 was tendered as well, any guesses what will become of the section around Great Bridge then?

610 was commercial, however there is a change to the tendered 22 route which pulls in some of the area that the wouldn't otherwise be served

Westy

Quote from: andyallen4014 on June 22, 2014, 07:24:02 AM
Quote from: Kevin on June 21, 2014, 09:17:10 AM

610 was commercial, however there is a change to the tendered 22 route which pulls in some of the area that the wouldn't otherwise be served

Wasn't the section between Wednesbury & Great Bridge tendered at some point in the past?

West Midlands Travel did operate a version of the 310 at deregulation in 1986, which ran Walsall to Dudley via GB.

Stuharris 6360

PD0000478/331 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS NORTH LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, THURMASTON GARAGE, 4 WESTMORELAND AVENUE, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Rocket Pool and New Cross Hospital given service number 531 effective from 21-Jul-2014. To amend Timetable.

PD0000478/388 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS NORTH LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, THURMASTON GARAGE, 4 WESTMORELAND AVENUE, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Wolverhampton Buss Station and Olbury Interchange given service number 22 effective from 21-Jul-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

I'm surprised the 22 still operates! I never usually see any passengers (If i do there are 1 or 2 passengers). It used to run Wolverhampton to Princes End then from Wolverhampton-Russells Hall. Then they changed it to run to Oldbury ??? I don't see the need of a bus from Wolverhampton-Oldbury myself

the trainbasher

If it was a commercial route it'd be gone by now. Apparently it's being changed to cover parts of the 310 in Tipton

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ashley

Quote from: Nathan on June 23, 2014, 07:05:53 PM
I'm surprised the 22 still operates! I never usually see any passengers (If i do there are 1 or 2 passengers). It used to run Wolverhampton to Princes End then from Wolverhampton-Russells Hall. Then they changed it to run to Oldbury ??? I don't see the need of a bus from Wolverhampton-Oldbury myself

Believe it or not the 22 does get more than one or two passengers. Not many people would travel end to end but theres some demand at the Oldbury end. Just one persons observations alone doesn't define the reality.

Bob

Enough to make it turn a profit?  Doubtful

Ashley

Why is profit the most important word in peoples minds when it comes to buses. Cover the costs fair enough but shouldn't the social requirement for public transport be top of the agenda, not just money money money bags for the top dogs. People say money talks, no, too many people talk in money. So I think people should quit getting brave behind a keyboard / keypad slating Arriva. I guarantee you'd hate it if the shoe was on the other foot and you were criticised daily face to face or on the interweb for how you do your jobs.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Ashley on June 23, 2014, 10:20:36 PM
Why is profit the most important word in peoples minds when it comes to buses. Cover the costs fair enough but shouldn't the social requirement for public transport be top of the agenda, not just money money money bags for the top dogs. People say money talks, no, too many people talk in money. So I think people should quit getting brave behind a keyboard / keypad slating Arriva. I guarantee you'd hate it if the shoe was on the other foot and you were criticised daily face to face or on the interweb for how you do your jobs.

Personally I think we should have more tendered routes serving communities.

Also Ashley I do get criticism about my job on forums especially forums about parking!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Quote from: Ashley on June 23, 2014, 10:20:36 PM

Erm what so you dont think Arriva make a profit from operating tendered services? ? Do you think they do them for charitable reasons?

Jesus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk