News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Are sapphire spec pulsars still as horrifically noisy as standard ones? Or do they have better soundproofing etc?

PM

Quote from: Bob on June 19, 2014, 11:54:54 PM
Are sapphire spec pulsars still as horrifically noisy as standard ones? Or do they have better soundproofing etc?

Nope, pretty quiet tbh. I've grown to quite like them @Bob! They are quieter than say the 61 batch and the retarders are also smoother on them but I put this down to advancement over time as opposed to a special spec/soundproofing on them, as the 61 plate ones are better than the 09 ones.

You wouldn't believe how fast they are-on a late journey last night, one absolutely flew.

arrivaaston

The 51 plate MPD's were repainted and retrimmed back in 2007 when the "chaselinx" brand came about, 3608/10 are proberbly the worse 2 volvos left in service at cannock and look how old and ancient the b10's are, the darts do look more modern IMO and just need some TLC, if the Y/HKE have been refurbed/retrimmed and new floors then there's hope for the 5 BU51***

Bob

7 years ago? Well theyve wore out quick then! Maybe its cos they use barely any material on the horrid urban 90 seats! I dont think there's much hope for them theyre constantly breaking down and havent been maintained well and are vile to travel longer distances on! Look at the one they put on the staffords a few weeks ago it couldn't even get there and back without overheating & giving up anyway according to you theyre going arent they? ???

arrivaaston

They are going yes but the point I was getting at is the Y/HKE have the urban90 seats and have been refurbed quite nice, the BU51 could look the same if they were cared for and looked after properly......

the trainbasher

310 will only run along the old 327 section of route. The merry hill to Wednesbury bit is going according to Centro site

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 20, 2014, 12:47:43 PM
310 will only run along the old 327 section of route. The merry hill to Wednesbury bit is going according to Centro site

Yet another success :-p Maybe they oughta give up the ghost lol

andyallen4014

Quote from: Bob on June 20, 2014, 03:37:00 PM

The old 327 bit is the tendered section whereas the 610 and the Dudley - Merry Hill 'new' bits are commercial so that must be the reason for what has been left.

Bob

Quote from: arrivaaston on June 20, 2014, 10:13:24 AM
They are going yes but the point I was getting at is the Y/HKE have the urban90 seats and have been refurbed quite nice, the BU51 could look the same if they were cared for and looked after properly......

Cannock are very poor at refurbs compared with the other garages.  The route 1 buses are in a state ( will they even refurbish them once tgey come off it?) And obviously all the darts as said before are minging bar sn03 lgc and that arrived already done.  The stafford pulsars seats while not threadbare are filthy and stink. Heavy use probs with the staffords.  They could do with a retrim and definitely a respray. Cannocks fleet has been really badly neglected compared with tamworth telford Shrewsbury wednesfield with repaints refurbs and maintenence

Westy

Quote from: andyallen4014 on June 20, 2014, 03:41:48 PM

The old 327 bit is the tendered section whereas the 610 and the Dudley - Merry Hill 'new' bits are commercial so that must be the reason for what has been left.

Surely it's got to get to a point where operating out of Wednesfield won't be viable?

winston

Quote from: Westy on June 20, 2014, 05:11:08 PM
Quote from: andyallen4014 on June 20, 2014, 03:41:48 PM

Surely it's got to get to a point where operating out of Wednesfield won't be viable?

It does make you wonder what the future will hold for Arriva's West Midland operation, it doesn't exactly seem to be doing too well

Bob

winston

Quote from: Bob on June 20, 2014, 09:56:21 PM
I wonder why that is?

Too much focus on operating Centro contracts & few successful commercial services

Bob

Lol I was being sarcastic I didnt mean that in its literal implication :)). As I said commercial services wise itll just be as naff as chase takeover.  Poss with exception of the 10

winston

Quote from: Bob on June 20, 2014, 10:09:39 PM
Lol I was being sarcastic I didnt mean that in its literal implication :)). As I said commercial services wise itll just be as naff as chase takeover.  Poss with exception of the 10

I know...

I was going to ask you to fill us in without using crap / Dart / MPD / BU51--- etc in your reply  :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk