News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM Feed

Started by Discodave, January 13, 2013, 11:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Quote from: Michael on January 14, 2013, 09:58:02 PM
Quote from: Discodave on January 13, 2013, 11:35:47 AM
I know there is a dedicated section for NXWM but what about it having different titles for the relevent Garages.  Some have put topics on PN and WB but what about a different section for each depots happenings.  Just a suggestion that is all.

I agree, or split the Birmingham stuff from the riff raff(Black Country).

Prime example.

"4009 seen on the 1."

Me: "since when did AG have Spectras"

I don't think the Black Country is riff raff lol your mean the buses compare the state of a Walsall trident to a Birmingham one then lets see which one could be claimed as being riff raff, and if you mean the people well you got 2/2 for annoying people on this site tonight.

MW

Lol relax, it's a joke, but you see my point tho

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Tony on January 14, 2013, 10:01:04 PM
Quote from: NXWM Spectra on January 14, 2013, 09:52:09 PM
Quote from: Discodave on January 13, 2013, 08:49:42 PM
When I was a PL (I know thats right I was a driver there) Pennsnett refered to as PN on company notices. Thought this was for opinion not a communist state.

History is a great thing to remember, but we really should be using current garage codes.

I have driven buses out of or into (NX owned)
AG, BC, BY, CV, HE, HY, LH, LS, MS, NN, PB, QN, SO, WH, YW, OY, DY, HH, SE, CR, WB, SH, MR, PE, PL, WA, WT; BC; QB; TF; WL

I bet not many of the younger members can put the garage names to all those!

Notice that Tony, a current NX employee of many years calls Pensnett 'PE' and Wolverhampton 'PL'.

The more I think about it, the more of those garages I remember.
Must be great memories Tony.

MW

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on January 14, 2013, 10:12:41 PM
When I was a PL (I know thats right I was a driver there) Pennsnett refered to as PN on company notices. Thought this was for opinion not a communist state.

History is a great thing to remember, but we really should be using current garage codes.

AG, BC, BY, CV, HE, HY, LH, LS, MS, NN, PB, QN, SO, WH, YW, OY, DY, HH, SE, CR, WB, SH, MR, PE, PL, WA, WT; BC; QB; TF; WL

Notice that Tony, a current NX employee of many years calls Pensnett 'PE' and Wolverhampton 'PL'.

To differ between the two depots in Wolverhampton I imagine.

Mike K

But not Cotteridge or Sutton Coldfield Tony? An impressive list nonetheless.

winston

Tony,

Pretty impressive, what garage was NN?

Can you confirm if the NX fleetlist that you receive each months still has Pensnett garage code as PE?

Tony

Quote from: Mike K on January 14, 2013, 10:40:00 PM

But not Cotteridge or Sutton Coldfield Tony? An impressive list nonetheless.

No I missed both of those two, worked at both paying the wages out, but never got to drive a bus at either

Tony

Quote from: Winston on January 14, 2013, 11:18:57 PM

Tony,

Can you confirm if the NX fleetlist that you receive each months still has Pensnett garage code as PE?

Yes on the fleetlist Pensnett is referred to as GA-PE, I thought NN might fool a couple of people. Miller Street closed in 1985 and reopened in October 1986 just using the current reserve fleet yard with a fleet of 36 Sherpas (501-536), This was then called Newtown with the code NN, the Miller Street name reappeared when London Liner moved in

the trainbasher

Noticed on that list MH was missing!

A few guesses
AG, BC, BY are all obvious
CV Coventry
HY Hockley
LH Lea Hall
PB Perry Barr
QN Quinton
SO Selly Oak
YW another obvious one?
DY Dudley
HH Harts Hill
CR Cleveland Road?
WB west bromwich
PE Pensnett
PL park lane
WA Walsall
WT Coventry?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: Tony on January 15, 2013, 07:23:05 AM
Quote from: Winston on January 14, 2013, 11:18:57 PM

Tony,

Yes on the fleetlist Pensnett is referred to as GA-PE, I thought NN might fool a couple of people. Miller Street closed in 1985 and reopened in October 1986 just using the current reserve fleet yard with a fleet of 36 Sherpas (501-536), This was then called Newtown with the code NN, the Miller Street name reappeared when London Liner moved in

Thanks Tony, yes I remember those Sherpas

Gareth

Quote from: trainbasher on January 15, 2013, 07:46:53 AM
Noticed on that list MH was missing!

A few guesses
AG, BC, BY are all obvious
CV Coventry
HY Hockley
LH Lea Hall
PB Perry Barr
QN Quinton
SO Selly Oak
YW another obvious one?
DY Dudley
HH Harts Hill
CR Cleveland Road?
WB west bromwich
PE Pensnett
PL park lane
WA Walsall
WT Coventry?

CV would have been Coventry Road. Recently it's taken over the WT code for Coventy

Gareth

Think I've got them all now. Is HH Hartshill? Always thought that was HL. SH Sheepcote Street?

windy miller

The new buses allocated to PE..(8xx).branded 222?  can someone tell me where the 222 runs to/from? and are they in service yet??...thanks
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Stu

Quote from: windy miller on January 17, 2013, 02:08:37 AM
The new buses allocated to PE..(8xx).branded 222?  can someone tell me where the 222 runs to/from? and are they in service yet??...thanks

222:
http://nxbus.co.uk/routes/west-midlands/B222/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

windy miller

Mind the Gap.....?:-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk