News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Blue Diamond Enviro

Started by Tony, December 05, 2012, 08:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discodave

Quote from: dannygill on December 30, 2012, 03:07:44 PM
think its a good idea to have one website for all three diamond as it will make it easier for the average Joe to use diamond, but still I don't think that they will get rid of the colours and local brands!

It needs to one livery allocated to the brand not liquorice allsorts just shows a cowboy operation like VIP and the others

tank90

I can see the brand colours staying so black for black country red for Midland Red West area (Herefordshire Worcestershire and warkwickshire where using Redditch makes more sense) and blue for Birmingham Coventry Solihul, and just have Diamond. This would be  a good idea as we have all moaned about First not being Local enough. keeping the colours would make sense but repainting is a must not having black blue and red on the same route where they dont meet. I say this as redditch and worcestershire folk are ust to Red Diamond buses rather than black or blue tho there is a few white and black diamond buses here at the moment.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Stu

As long as the buses clearly show the 'Diamond' logo on the side (to identify the operator of the service), does it really matter what colour the bus is? And would people really get that confused?

Surely it is no less confusing than NXWM operating buses in a variety of liveries, and a variety of operator logos (Travel West Midlands, West Midlands part of National Express and National Express West Midlands)?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ash

An example of when it could be confusing a red diamond dart one with crusader body work is used on route 4 it approaches the bus stop now that passenger waiting cannot tell whether the bus is a NXWM or diamond bus until the bus has virtually stopped at the stop or even until they try to board with a daysaver or travel card. I mean it was the case the other day that there were red and white diamond vehicles. a blue diamond bus, a red diamond bus, a black diamond bus and a black diamond dart without any fleetnames on service 4 now thats confusing all different varieties of livery on one service to me is not good others will argue that is doesnt matter which is there view so fair enough. I was waiting for the 002 the other day in Merry Hill and that bus by most of the passengers waiting for it is the 'green looking bus' so an identity has been made for that service, start using red diamond darts on there the image is lost and will cause some kind of confusion also tbh whats the point in having seperate identies for different areas if there just merge like this.

Discodave

Quote from: Stu on December 31, 2012, 05:48:07 PM
As long as the buses clearly show the 'Diamond' logo on the side (to identify the operator of the service), does it really matter what colour the bus is? And would people really get that confused?

Surely it is no less confusing than NXWM operating buses in a variety of liveries, and a variety of operator logos (Travel West Midlands, West Midlands part of National Express and National Express West Midlands)?

But NXWM are refurbing buses as fast as they can and a lot of the fleet are now under one brand (except coventry) going on a guess more than half have got to be done by now Tony can you help?

winston

Quote from: Discodave on January 01, 2013, 11:53:16 AM
Quote from: Stu on December 31, 2012, 05:48:07 PM

But NXWM are refurbing buses as fast as they can and a lot of the fleet are now under one brand (except coventry) going on a guess more than half have got to be done by now Tony can you help?

The pace / quality of NXWM refurbs has certainly picked up of late, which is good to see. For 2013 I'd like to see NXWM finally ditch the TWM brand & the interim logos and rebrand all buses as NXWM regardless of livery as Dundee have done.

Looking forward to see what NX order for delivery in 2013

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk