News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBS

TFWM made a smart decision putting the 2,3,4,4A,5 and 6 at one stop to terminate. Causes blockage, other buses not able to pass. Would've been better keeping where the 4 was and simply taken the Queensway route like the 45 does 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Tony

Quote from: BBS on April 21, 2024, 05:06:31 PMTFWM made a smart decision putting the 2,3,4,4A,5 and 6 at one stop to terminate. Causes blockage, other buses not able to pass. Would've been better keeping where the 4 was and simply taken the Queensway route like the 45 does
No they didn't, they put them on two stops, actually in the space that there used to be 3 stops. Leaving the 4 where it was would have extended the running time needed, probably needing an extra bus or reduced frquency.

BBS

QuoteNo they didn't, they put them on two stops, actually in the space that there used to be 3 stops. Leaving the 4 where it was would have extended the running time needed, probably needing an extra bus or reduced frquency.
There's occasions where there's abandoned 6s causing blockages and only allowing 1 or 2 buses to stop at those stops

D

Quote from: Tony on April 21, 2024, 05:31:09 PMNo they didn't, they put them on two stops, actually in the space that there used to be 3 stops. Leaving the 4 where it was would have extended the running time needed, probably needing an extra bus or reduced frquency.
Incorrect, there's always been two stops there. 
Lokale Linien:
27: Frankley nach Yardley Wood über Bournville.
61: Birmingham nach Frankley über Bristol Straße.
(zu fuß in 20 minuten) 49: Rubery Great Park nach Bahnhof Solihull.

Jack

Quote from: Tony on April 21, 2024, 05:31:09 PMNo they didn't, they put them on two stops, actually in the space that there used to be 3 stops. Leaving the 4 where it was would have extended the running time needed, probably needing an extra bus or reduced frquency.
This past week I've seen about 4 buses fighting for that stop because of an abandoned YW bus. Another joke, should never have put them all at 1 stop when they could have utilised both stops there.

Should've put the 17/60, X1/X2 back there and put the Stratford Road services at their current stop. Would've made it a lot easier. The current X1/X2 stop is also a joke as that pavement is nowhere near wide enough for the volume of passengers and usual pedestrians, especially when the X1 is mainly always late!

BBS

QuoteThis past week I've seen about 4 buses fighting for that stop because of an abandoned YW bus. Another joke, should never have put them all at 1 stop when they could have utilised both stops there.

Should've put the 17/60, X1/X2 back there and put the Stratford Road services at their current stop. Would've made it a lot easier. The current X1/X2 stop is also a joke as that pavement is nowhere near wide enough for the volume of passengers and usual pedestrians, especially when the X1 is mainly always late!
X1/X2 where the 2/3 usually stopped, 60 at the same stop and 17 where X1 stops, and the separation where the 4 or 6 stops where the 87 and 16 used to stop

Jack

Quote from: BBS on April 21, 2024, 07:13:59 PMX1/X2 where the 2/3 usually stopped, 60 at the same stop and 17 where X1 stops, and the separation where the 4 or 6 stops where the 87 and 16 used to stop
Not completely but almost.I said I would of moved the Stratford Road services to where the current Cov Road services are on Moor Street, the bays a lot bigger, the bottom stop could of had the 4/4A/6 and the other have the 2/3/5.

Then the current stop the Stratford Road services share could have the 60/X1/X2 back and the 17 outside Primark again!

Stu

Quote from: BBS on April 21, 2024, 05:44:21 PMThere's occasions where there's abandoned 6s causing blockages and only allowing 1 or 2 buses to stop at those stops
Quote from: Jack on April 21, 2024, 07:09:26 PMThis past week I've seen about 4 buses fighting for that stop because of an abandoned YW bus. Another joke, should never have put them all at 1 stop when they could have utilised both stops there.
There are no 'abandoned' buses there, maybe one that has arrived early/ontime and has to then wait time before it can leave.

MS4 is now the designated stop for all the Stratford Road services, with MS3 being used as an 'overflow' or unload point.

From what I saw last weekend, when I was in Birmingham on the Saturday, both stops ARE being utilised, especially when more than one bus arrives at the same time due to delays caused by congestion in Digbeth.
Quote from: Jack on April 21, 2024, 07:09:26 PMShould've put the 17/60, X1/X2 back there and put the Stratford Road services at their current stop. Would've made it a lot easier. The current X1/X2 stop is also a joke as that pavement is nowhere near wide enough for the volume of passengers and usual pedestrians, especially when the X1 is mainly always late!
It might have made things 'easier' for you, but would be impracticable, having all those services using the one stop, as well as the Stratford Road ones. 
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack

Quote from: Stu on April 21, 2024, 07:33:12 PMThere are no 'abandoned' buses there, maybe one that has arrived early/ontime and has to then wait time before it can leave.

MS4 is now the designated stop for all the Stratford Road services, with MS3 being used as an 'overflow' or unload point.

From what I saw last weekend, when I was in Birmingham on the Saturday, both stops ARE being utilised, especially when more than one bus arrives at the same time due to delays caused by congestion in Digbeth.It might have made things 'easier' for you, but would be impracticable, having all those services using the one stop, as well as the Stratford Road ones.
Again, I didn't say all of those were to use one stop, there's 2 stops there at least the Cov Road buses would've been able to use both the stops instead of the mess that they've created there now!

BBS

QuoteThere are no 'abandoned' buses there, maybe one that has arrived early/ontime and has to then wait time before it can leave.

From what I saw last weekend, when I was in Birmingham on the Saturday, both stops ARE being utilised, especially when more than one bus arrives at the same time due to delays caused by congestion in Digbeth.It might have made things 'easier' for you, but would be impracticable, having all those services using the one stop, as well as the Stratford Road ones.
There are buses always left there, but if they are waiting for their time to leave, the park street stands are perfect for those routes to do waits at 

GoldenSquid

Quote from: Jack on April 21, 2024, 07:44:45 PMAgain, I didn't say all of those were to use one stop, there's 2 stops there at least the Cov Road buses would've been able to use both the stops instead of the mess that they've created there now!
Then you'd swap Coventry Road and Stratford Road issues, walking past that stop there is a lot of people waiting. MS17 isn't a good stop for any services - it doesn't help that it's a load/unload stop and when there is a driver missing it causes havoc.

Not sure why the Coventry Road services don't unload fully at the stop after the markets, change drivers there and then go to the next stop and start service there.
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk