News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Kidderminster

Started by iamwilljh92, November 18, 2013, 12:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on November 07, 2023, 06:28:21 PMOnce again dreadful service from Diamond Kidderminster. The 13:15 8 arrival in Kidderminster arrived 10 or so minutes late into the bus station and the driver kicked all the passengers off at the Bus Station telling them to wait 20 minutes for the next one despite the front saying 8 Rifle Range.
Heard comments from other passengers about how this is a regular occurrence with sometimes several buses in a row missing on the 8 and also route 3.

If they aren't able to deliver the timetable thats advertised then change it to what they can deliver @Simon Dunn. Run an hourly bus that turns up on time maybe. No surprise if the 8 is suffering from poor/declining use as you have previously stated if you don't deliver a reliable service.

Maybe running the Rifle Range off the Bewdley service simply just doesn't work?

Also while I was waiting 21105 on the 9A/9C was involved in a RTC at the bus station with a car with a elderly driver. Car seemed to come out of it worse than the bus.

https://x.com/diamondbuses/status/1721809760255697205
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 2206 on November 07, 2023, 06:28:21 PMOnce again dreadful service from Diamond Kidderminster. The 13:15 8 arrival in Kidderminster arrived 10 or so minutes late into the bus station and the driver kicked all the passengers off at the Bus Station telling them to wait 20 minutes for the next one despite the front saying 8 Rifle Range.
Heard comments from other passengers about how this is a regular occurrence with sometimes several buses in a row missing on the 8 and also route 3.

If they aren't able to deliver the timetable thats advertised then change it to what they can deliver @Simon Dunn. Run an hourly bus that turns up on time maybe. No surprise if the 8 is suffering from poor/declining use as you have previously stated if you don't deliver a reliable service.

Maybe running the Rifle Range off the Bewdley service simply just doesn't work?

Also while I was waiting 21105 on the 9A/9C was involved in a RTC at the bus station with a car with a elderly driver. Car seemed to come out of it worse than the bus.
I am advised that every route we operate in Kidderminster has temp lights or a diversion.  

These disruptions are affecting reliability and it makes operating vehicles to times a nightmare.

Simon

spacecowboy150

If you get a single ticket on the 3 from kidderminster, is it valid for the return journey too if you were just to stay on the bus once you reach Arley Lings?

Wba_lad

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on December 26, 2023, 09:31:41 PMIf you get a single ticket on the 3 from kidderminster, is it valid for the return journey too if you were just to stay on the bus once you reach Arley Lings?
A single ticket is only valid on the journey it is issued on, therefore when the machine changes onto its new trip you either need to show a pass or re purchase a single ticket I'm sure, that's what I've always been made away but I'm sure Simon will correct me if I'm wrong.

spacecowboy150

Quote from: Wba_lad on January 05, 2024, 08:44:00 PMA single ticket is only valid on the journey it is issued on, therefore when the machine changes onto its new trip you either need to show a pass or re purchase a single ticket I'm sure, that's what I've always been made away but I'm sure Simon will correct me if I'm wrong.
Thats the thing though, on the diamond website it says on the timetable Kidderminster - Kidderminster and the waiting time at Arley kings is like 3 mins

Oxford Street in Kidderminster was closed earlier today due to a RTC and services were diverting round it.
The 125 towards Birdgnorth I was on 32312 left Kidderminster via Worcester Street past the Swan Centre. 
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Saw a streetlite come down comberton hill and into the town centre while I was on 32224 on the 3 to Stourport at the ring road island at 13:10. It had the vinyl by the display so one of the ex 16 branded ones.

Not sure what it was doing as Redditch 32224 was the only bus scheduled to be in service in Kidderminster at that time and Kidderminster garage don't run anything on a Sunday?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

hlliwmai

Quote from: 2206 on January 28, 2024, 06:44:34 PMSaw a streetlite come down comberton hill and into the town centre while I was on 32224 on the 3 to Stourport at the ring road island at 13:10. It had the vinyl by the display so one of the ex 16 branded ones.

Not sure what it was doing as Redditch 32224 was the only bus scheduled to be in service in Kidderminster at that time and Kidderminster garage don't run anything on a Sunday?

I can only assume it must of been on rail replacement maybe? 

Wba_lad

Quote from: 2206 on January 28, 2024, 06:44:34 PMSaw a streetlite come down comberton hill and into the town centre while I was on 32224 on the 3 to Stourport at the ring road island at 13:10. It had the vinyl by the display so one of the ex 16 branded ones.

It may be what @hlliwmai said, it could of been on rail replacement, not sure if Kidderminster was part of rail replacement yesterday, I know that line has been rail replacement last few weeks not sure if it's over yet. All I know is yesterday there was definitely rail replacement between Birmingham new street and Wolverhampton and transport for wales rail replacement from Birmingham international to Shrewsbury, but there may of been rail replacements from snow hill too.

But also this bus you may of seen could have been one of the Kidderminster buses maybe on engineering test, could have been 32312, 32313 or 32314 which was ex tividale and was ex 16 branded.

TheMidlandsTrident

QuoteSaw a streetlite come down comberton hill and into the town centre while I was on 32224 on the 3 to Stourport at the ring road island at 13:10. It had the vinyl by the display so one of the ex 16 branded ones.

Couldnt it have also been one of HF13 vehicles as they have vinyls next to the display? Please do correct me if im wrong but kiddy has a lot of those.
Warwickshire Trident Ranking.
1. MX05 WHR
2. SF55 TZS
3. KX55 TLY
4. PX04 DOJ
Local Routes: 28, 247
Fav Routes Further Away: 15, X19, 57/58, X18, X20

Wba_lad

Quote from: TheMidlandsTrident on January 30, 2024, 07:30:46 AMCouldnt it have also been one of HF13 vehicles as they have vinyls next to the display? Please do correct me if im wrong but kiddy has a lot of those.
They do but he said it's a ex 16 branded, so would could possibly be 32312, 32313 or 32314 unless there was rail replacement to Kidderminster, 

TheMidlandsTrident

QuoteThey do but he said it's a ex 16 branded, so would could possibly be 32312, 32313 or 32314 unless there was rail replacement to Kidderminster,
Oh ok, i thought he just meant it had a vinyl next to the display as most HF13's have the number 1 next to them from there days at yellow buses.
1. MX05 WHR
2. SF55 TZS
3. KX55 TLY
4. PX04 DOJ

winston

Quote from: TheMidlandsTrident on February 01, 2024, 04:14:09 PMOh ok, i thought he just meant it had a vinyl next to the display as most HF13's have the number 1 next to them from there days at yellow buses.
None of the 3 ex Yellow Bus HF13's at Kidderminster have any vinyls next to their destination displays.

TheMidlandsTrident

QuoteNone of the 3 ex Yellow Bus HF13's at Kidderminster have any vinyls next to their destination displays.
Oh i just assumed as redditch's one has it they do as well. My mistake.
1. MX05 WHR
2. SF55 TZS
3. KX55 TLY
4. PX04 DOJ

Trident 4194

I'm noticing a lot of dead running on the 125 as of late. What seems to be the issue. They must be losing a hell of a lot of money keep sending late buses direct from Stourbridge to brignorth and having to put additional vehicles on it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk