News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

Multiple incidents! For fucks sake.

suavegarv

News report on Central News tonight (5th Jan) about a bus that veered off the road in Worcester whilst trying to drive through floodwater. Passengers were helped off by emergency services. The registration was blurred out,but the company logo and fleet number were visible.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: suavegarv on January 05, 2024, 07:59:59 PMNews report on Central News tonight (5th Jan) about a bus that veered off the road in Worcester whilst trying to drive through floodwater. Passengers were helped off by emergency services. The registration was blurred out,but the company logo and fleet number were visible.
I believe one of diamonds E200s
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Sandy Lane

Rachvince53

Accident in Worcester this afternoon involving a First bus and car in Foregate Street. No injuries reported.

Mayfield

Similar bus to the one that ignited at Potters Bar garage I believe.

Ronnoc

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12955951/london-bus-electric-double-decker-fire-wimbledon-second-explosion.html

Another Go Ahead London vehicle caught fire within 1 day, this time it was EH161 of Blue Triangle being completely gutted.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Typical Mail says Electric in the Headline then mentions Hybrid in the Main article. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Stu

There was an 'arson incident' on an 11A on Boxing Day, and Safer Travel revealed an image of the suspect:
https://safertravel.info/news/latest-news/boxing-day-arson-attack/

QuoteWe want to speak to them after a fire caused damage to a double decker bus in the Kings Heath area on Boxing Day.

We are keen to trace a passenger who boarded the 11a bus at around 1.50pm near to Kings Heath High Street, getting off a short while later near Swanshurst Park. The fire was extinguished by another passenger.
My emphasis in bold.

Meanwhile the local news rag Birmingham Live have managed to spin this out to insinuate the bus was 'torched' and 'set alight':

Double-decker torched in Kings Heath on iconic 11 route – CCTV appeal

QuotePolice are looking to trace a passenger after a double-decker bus was set alight in Birmingham. The arson attack took place on the city's National Express West Midlands circular 11A bus route in the south of the city on Boxing Day.
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/double-decker-bus-torched-kings-28436251

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Boxing Day ?

Don't they even take Christmas off?

markcf83

Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Tony

Quote from: markcf83 on January 13, 2024, 02:01:09 PMAll of Merton's Metrodeckers are off the road currently.
Just photographed quite a few of Potters Bar's so looks like a local decision not a TfL one

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk