News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

I saw a Stagecoach decker in Nuneaton yesterday on the ring road (and possibly another one at the Arena shopping park).

The Nuneaton one was on the route I see the most around there, 000 Not In Service.

I guess they'll be seen more often but I haven't seen a Stagecoach decker in Nuneaton for years.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: ellspurs on November 21, 2023, 07:41:45 PMI saw a Stagecoach decker in Nuneaton yesterday on the ring road (and possibly another one at the Arena shopping park).

The Nuneaton one was on the route I see the most around there, 000 Not In Service.

I guess they'll be seen more often but I haven't seen a Stagecoach decker in Nuneaton for years.
I believe there's 3 now based there for the 60/ 703 routes with more rumoured to be due for the 148
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Stu

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on November 21, 2023, 07:46:39 PMI believe there's 3 now based there for the 60/ 703 routes with more rumoured to be due for the 148
Shouldn't Stagecoach be investing in electric buses for use in Coventry?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on November 21, 2023, 08:07:45 PMShouldn't Stagecoach be investing in electric buses for use in Coventry?

These are probably cascades from elsewhere i'd guess. Maybe Northampton depot.

Notice Stagecoach Midlands new 73 plate diesel vehicles running out of Northampton Garage.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

dave rossett

According to Bustimes 10729, 10731 and 10733 have all transferred from Northampton to Nuneaton and all have been used most days on 60 and 703 routes.
Dave

Justin Tyme

Two duties on the 60 and 703 were converted to double deck in September, at the request of TfWM, in order to cope with heavy schooltime loads.  This is when 10729, 10731 and 10733 were transferred to Nuneaton garage - the first DDs there for several years.

According to the Leicester Buses website (https://www.leicesterbuses.co.uk/electric) Stagecoach are expected to convert the 148 Coventry - Nuneaton - Leicester to electric buses in July/August 2024.

Sandy Lane

Anyone else noticed that the Stagecoach website doesn't put out many service updates these days?
For Coventry last update looks like Motorfest in May 23?
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/regional-service-updates/midlands/coventry

I would have expected to see their Xmas service info up online by now?

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Sandy Lane on December 05, 2023, 09:06:36 PMAnyone else noticed that the Stagecoach website doesn't put out many service updates these days?
For Coventry last update looks like Motorfest in May 23?
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/regional-service-updates/midlands/coventry

I would have expected to see their Xmas service info up online by now?

Yes, I have noticed this for Coventry.  I suspect this is due to an error.

If you change the location to another town - such as Warwick - up-to-date updates appear, including Christmas services (the Birmingham services appear under Rugby - I know that garage operates them, but ...!).

Unfortunately, the only way of catching every update in Warwickshire is to change the town regularly between Warwick, Stratford, Nuneaton, Rugby and Coventry, as they often each have separate updates. 

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Justin Tyme on December 05, 2023, 09:59:39 PMYes, I have noticed this for Coventry.  I suspect this is due to an error.

If you change the location to another town - such as Warwick - up-to-date updates appear, including Christmas services (the Birmingham services appear under Rugby - I know that garage operates them, but ...!).

Unfortunately, the only way of catching every update in Warwickshire is to change the town regularly between Warwick, Stratford, Nuneaton, Rugby and Coventry, as they often each have separate updates. 
Thanks for the info. 

the trainbasher

QuoteYes, I have noticed this for Coventry.  I suspect this is due to an error.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/regional-service-updates/midlands has the service updates for the whole of the Midlands (Warks and the former United Counties bits that joined Midlands) for Stagecoach

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Rachvince53

Note that it is stated that Birmingham routes 41 and 46 MAY run on Boxing Day. (Listed under Rugby service exceptions)

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 06, 2023, 08:51:26 AMNote that it is stated that Birmingham routes 41 and 46 MAY run on Boxing Day. (Listed under Rugby service exceptions)

Bustimes shows that the 41 and 46 actually did operate on Boxing Day.

Coventrybususer95

Just noticed that some of the 27*** have rear displays screens seems to show the destination of the bus
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

TheMidlandsTrident

Does anyone know what has happened to KX10 KSY. Hasn't ran in ages, and is the only scania i need at warwickshire to have ridden every one.
Warwickshire Trident Ranking.
1. MX05 WHR
2. SF55 TZS
3. KX55 TLY
4. PX04 DOJ
Local Routes: 28, 247
Fav Routes Further Away: 15, X19, 57/58, X18, X20

Stu

Quote from: Justin Tyme on December 27, 2023, 10:47:34 AMBustimes shows that the 41 and 46 actually did operate on Boxing Day
That's interesting. When I had a look on Saturday, BusTimes wasn't showing a timetable for either route. But TfWM's timetables did.

So I asked the question of Stagecoach Midlands on Twitter:

https://x.com/StagecoachMids/status/1738525913220817045

I bet hardly anyone used these services, if nobody actually knew they were running!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk