News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva Leicester

Started by Tony, January 28, 2014, 08:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LazyGuy222

https://twitter.com/gnikttam/status/1698770159631061147?s=20

Arriva's Network Manager posted this image of Electroliner 8000 in the depot earlier today.

stellasteve

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on September 04, 2023, 11:29:16 PMhttps://twitter.com/gnikttam/status/1698770159631061147?s=20

Arriva's Network Manager posted this image of Electroliner 8000 in the depot earlier today.
I don't suppose those vehicles will be used on shuttles for Bon Jovi concerts in the near future...

Pscar05

Anyone know what's happening with 4105? Not ran since July and was wondering if its on the scrap line.

Mayfield

It was parked at the bottom of the yard across from the wash a couple of weeks ago

47609FireFly

It's a bit disappointing if the rumours are correct about Arriva Leicester gaining some 58-reg E400s from Merseyside and giving up a mix of 64-reg and 16-reg vehicles from Leicester in return. Derby and Yorkshire are also touted to be giving up newer kit to Merseyside in return for older buses. All to satisfy Merseyside's maximum vehicle age limit of 15 years. 

markcf83

Y
Quote from: 47609FireFly on September 28, 2023, 11:14:37 AMIt's a bit disappointing if the rumours are correct about Arriva Leicester gaining some 58-reg E400s from Merseyside and giving up a mix of 64-reg and 16-reg vehicles from Leicester in return. Derby and Yorkshire are also touted to be giving up newer kit to Merseyside in return for older buses. All to satisfy Merseyside's maximum vehicle age limit of 15 years.
Yorkshire are swapping DAF single deckers with North West. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Mayfield

Probably all part of the big bus plan LOL

Fin W

Quote from: 47609FireFly on September 28, 2023, 11:14:37 AMIt's a bit disappointing if the rumours are correct about Arriva Leicester gaining some 58-reg E400s from Merseyside and giving up a mix of 64-reg and 16-reg vehicles from Leicester in return. Derby and Yorkshire are also touted to be giving up newer kit to Merseyside in return for older buses. All to satisfy Merseyside's maximum vehicle age limit of 15 years.
Upgrade for us if you ask me

Glenfieldmathk1

Did I see another electric decker in the depot today? I guess they are on their way now!

As for the comments about 58plates.. as long as they are Euro 6 then they are allowed. It was always my understanding these new electrics were going to replace the 2016/17 double deckers (moving to other depots) and the oldest Double decker pulsars in Leicester (scrapped). 

Mayfield

Pretty sure but stand to be corrected, they don't need to be euro 6, as after First and Arriva swopped vehicles and did conversions Leicester did not implement the requirements 

47609FireFly

Quote from: Mayfield on September 29, 2023, 11:18:52 AMPretty sure but stand to be corrected, they don't need to be euro 6, as after First and Arriva swopped vehicles and did conversions Leicester did not implement the requirements
Euro 6 is a requirement of the Enhanced Partnership (EP).

The vehicles rumoured to be heading to Leicester from Merseyside do comply with Euro 6. If they arrive, I think it'd be a great shame to have age profile of the diesel fleet increased and giving up buses which have been at one operator from new. Arriva doesn't have the best track record when it comes to attention to detail or presentation. 3791's arrival in Leicester comes to mind with a full set of interior vinyls in English and Welsh, regularly telling folk to get in touch on social media at Arriva Midlands WEST.

Fin W

Quote from: 47609FireFly on September 29, 2023, 12:28:48 PMEuro 6 is a requirement of the Enhanced Partnership (EP).

The vehicles rumoured to be heading to Leicester from Merseyside do comply with Euro 6. If they arrive, I think it'd be a great shame to have age profile of the diesel fleet increased and giving up buses which have been at one operator from new. Arriva doesn't have the best track record when it comes to attention to detail or presentation. 3791's arrival in Leicester comes to mind with a full set of interior vinyls in English and Welsh, regularly telling folk to get in touch on social media at Arriva Midlands WEST.
Some of the ex Yorkshire B9s still have Frequenta route branding inside

47609FireFly

Quote from: Fin W on September 29, 2023, 12:49:38 PMSome of the ex Yorkshire B9s still have Frequenta route branding inside
Indeed - which sums up Arriva's attitudes to presentation perfectly.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Mayfield on September 29, 2023, 11:18:52 AMPretty sure but stand to be corrected, they don't need to be euro 6, as after First and Arriva swopped vehicles and did conversions Leicester did not implement the requirements
That's correct.. Leicester city council decided in the end not to introduce the clean air zone after all. However like it's been mentioned, one of the enhanced bus partnership rules is buses are at least Euro 6!

Fin W

Quote from: NiralVassantilal on August 31, 2023, 10:33:09 PMIs there any photos of these StreetDecks in the depot?
There is several photos of 8000/BK23 LUO on Flikr now

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk