News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry electric buses

Started by Ben, March 18, 2020, 12:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

So with the exception of 4770 and 6966 - which while still at Coventry awaiting repairs won't be used in public service - the first landmark has been reached with Coventry having a 100% electric double-deck fleet.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on September 04, 2023, 07:29:29 PMSo with the exception of 4770 and 6966 - which while still at Coventry awaiting repairs won't be used in public service - the first landmark has been reached with Coventry having a 100% electric double-deck fleet.

E157 was being towed by a recovery truck this evening. If that's a breakdown, it's the first electric breakdown I've seen.

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: MW on September 04, 2023, 07:31:14 PME157 was being towed by a recovery truck this evening. If that's a breakdown, it's the first electric breakdown I've seen.
E020 & E021 have had to be towed. E020 a few months back after breaking down in the middle of a junction on the 16 and E021 yesterday on the 13

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

E149 out for the first time today on the 21's

Danthebusman

There can't be many more left to enter service, 10-15 I'd guess.

Tony

Quote from: Danthebusman on September 06, 2023, 10:20:38 AMThere can't be many more left to enter service, 10-15 I'd guess.
Just
E104
E127

Mayfield

3 others not showing on Bustimes 

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on September 07, 2023, 10:06:36 AM3 others not showing on Bustimes
To anyone actually out spotting in the sunshine will see all 3 in service today

Danthebusman

Quote from: Tony on September 07, 2023, 10:16:45 AMTo anyone actually out spotting in the sunshine will see all 3 in service today
Random question but do you know which EV started the 05:48 17A to Fenside board? I'm currently at work and wasn't able to spot it this morning, it will go out of service after it's 12:06 17A trip to UHCW, just curious as I note all the buses that work the 17/A daily as it's my local route.

Celestial Toymaker

I heard something at AG over the weekend, confirmed by a retired driver as fact (im not sure)
AG will NOT get Electric buses ever, the plan is to make it the last Diesel Garage in the fleet, then close it altogether. i know The AGRA want AG Garage closed due to noise nuisance and the long lines of buses returning in the evening, for overt 15 years (i knew somebody within the AGRA)
can anybody shed some light on this is it true or untrue (i suspect untrue)
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Tony

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on September 11, 2023, 03:55:31 PMI heard something at AG over the weekend, confirmed by a retired driver as fact (im not sure)
AG will NOT get Electric buses ever, the plan is to make it the last Diesel Garage in the fleet, then close it altogether. i know The AGRA want AG Garage closed due to noise nuisance and the long lines of buses returning in the evening, for overt 15 years (i knew somebody within the AGRA)
So you don't make a garage electric,  when making it electric would actually solve both complaints?

Owen

Quote from: Tony on September 11, 2023, 04:14:41 PMSo you don't make a garage electric,  when making it electric would actually solve both complaints?
Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on September 11, 2023, 03:55:31 PMI heard something at AG over the weekend, confirmed by a retired driver as fact (im not sure)
Maybe not hydrogen because of garage/ outside space. But electric would definitely solve the neighbouring issue.

plus there's been rumours about every garage shutting down. Just because PB had a new move, and BC is getting replaced. It doesn't mean every garage will need replacing.

2030 everything will be electric, and I doubt all 8 garages would have been replaced in 10 years

j789

I hope all these people moaning about the AG garage lived there before it was built (obviously they didn't!) otherwise they should quieten down. Same NIMBYs got Quinton shut in 1997 which would have been an ideal garage location to have stayed open, even more so with BC closing.

Tony

Quote from: j789 on September 11, 2023, 07:36:14 PMI hope all these people moaning about the AG garage lived there before it was built (obviously they didn't!) otherwise they should quieten down. Same NIMBYs got Quinton shut in 1997 which would have been an ideal garage location to have stayed open, even more so with BC closing.
Don't worry. The Quinton residents got there comeuppance with a busy Tesco instead.

EK40

Quote from: j789 on September 11, 2023, 07:36:14 PMI hope all these people moaning about the AG garage lived there before it was built (obviously they didn't!) otherwise they should quieten down. Same NIMBYs got Quinton shut in 1997 which would have been an ideal garage location to have stayed open, even more so with BC closing.
Same sort of people who move in next to an airport and complain about the noise like it just suddenly appeared in the night

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk