News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danthebusman

noticed 18471 on the U1, interesting as it's an open top bus!

jc

Quote from: Danthebusman on June 21, 2023, 08:48:43 PMnoticed 18471 on the U1, interesting as it's an open top bus!
Did you actually see this? Or just 'BusTimes' see it? Looking on Bus Times, the vehicle was dual tracking, so I would assume its a machine swap

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: jc on June 24, 2023, 09:22:11 PMDid you actually see this? Or just 'BusTimes' see it? Looking on Bus Times, the vehicle was dual tracking, so I would assume its a machine swap
Are the open toppers not based out of the Stratford upon Avon out station 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Coventrybususer95

Just seen this
PD0000479/323
MIDLAND RED (SOUTH) LIMITED, UNIT 7-8. MINTON BUSINESS
CENTRE, MAIN ROAD, FAR COTTON, NORTHAMPTON, NN4 8ES
Operating between Leamington and Warwick given service number 17B / 15 effective from 01 September 2023.

Wonder if there's more changes due
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

the trainbasher

QuoteJust seen this
PD0000479/323
Operating between Leamington and Warwick given service number 17B / 15 effective from 01 September 2023.

From the N&Ps

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on June 26, 2023, 05:58:06 PMJust seen this
PD0000479/323

The 15 has been registered as two services (Leamington - Warwick and Warwick - Stratford) since it started.  When the X17 from Coventry ran beyond Warwick through to Stratford over what is now the 15 route, it was registered in two parts (split at Warwick) and this split was surprisingly carried over to the 15.  The current timetable is split at Warwick and buses change destination displays at Warwick in both direction.

This is finally being put right from 2 September, with the above registration and PD0000479/315 Warwick - Stratford (given service number LX17B / 15) being replaced by this new registration: -

Section 3.1 – Registration of New Services

PD0000479/402
MIDLAND RED (SOUTH) LIMITED, UNIT 7-8, MINTON BUSINESS CENTRE, MAIN ROAD, FAR COTTON, NORTHAMPTON, NN4 8ES

To: Stratford Upon Avon
Via:
Name or No.: L15 / 15
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 02 September 2023
Other details: Operates Mon - Sat hourly  , 2 hourly on  a sunday

ellspurs

The B4102 going over the m42 has been reopened for a few weeks now. I don't know if there's any plans to revert the route of the 82 to going directly down this road as before (when Johnsons were running it as the x20). The diversion had the added benefit of providing Eastcote with a regular bus route for the first time in a while. I'm not sure of any passenger numbers coming from there, as I don't recall there being any displayed bus stops when I last went down there.

JPC

Quote from: ellspurs on July 20, 2023, 04:56:11 PMThe B4102 going over the m42 has been reopened for a few weeks now. I don't know if there's any plans to revert the route of the 82 to going directly down this road as before (when Johnsons were running it as the x20). The diversion had the added benefit of providing Eastcote with a regular bus route for the first time in a while. I'm not sure of any passenger numbers coming from there, as I don't recall there being any displayed bus stops when I last went down there.

Traveline has a new 82 timetable dated 2nd September which seems to show it reverting to original route along the B4102.

ellspurs

Quote from: JPC on July 20, 2023, 06:20:28 PMTraveline has a new 82 timetable dated 2nd September which seems to show it reverting to original route along the B4102.

At about 11:56 (just before Jeremey Vine came on radio 2) a Stagecoach drove over the new bridge as I was going under it. I've had a look at bustimes but none of the tracked routes have gone over the bridge, so I guess it was an OOS bus.

Also, the tracking shows the buses leaving Nuneaton garage. Were they always from Nuneaton or did they start at Leamington garage?

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: ellspurs on July 24, 2023, 03:22:56 PMAt about 11:56 (just before Jeremey Vine came on radio 2) a Stagecoach drove over the new bridge as I was going under it. I've had a look at bustimes but none of the tracked routes have gone over the bridge, so I guess it was an OOS bus.

Also, the tracking shows the buses leaving Nuneaton garage. Were they always from Nuneaton or did they start at Leamington garage?
Always thought the 82 was Nuneaton operated 

jc

Quote from: ellspurs on July 24, 2023, 03:22:56 PMAt about 11:56 (just before Jeremey Vine came on radio 2) a Stagecoach drove over the new bridge as I was going under it. I've had a look at bustimes but none of the tracked routes have gone over the bridge, so I guess it was an OOS bus.

This would have been 36154, running dead as a driver shuttle to Nuneaton depot. Bustimes has it passing the bridge at 11:56

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/scnh-36154?date=2023-07-24#journeys/455122054

Justin Tyme

You're both right!

The 82 along with the 87 and 88 have been operated by Nuneaton garage since the Stagecoach tender started.

According to bustimes 36154 of Nuneaton garage has run to and fro between Nuneaton and Solihull via the B4102 today, and on one of its journeys towards Nuneaton crossed over the M42 at 1156.  Might it have been doing driver changeovers, I wonder?

Coventrybususer95

BrumKev86

X20 missing out Hockey Heath due to house fire on Stratford Road. Using M40/M42 instead. 
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk