News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva Leicester

Started by Tony, January 28, 2014, 08:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leicesterbusadventurer

3799 has become the first Sapphire Pulsar to be repainted. 3800 and 3804 are currently away receiving the same treatment.

xmj-signal

Quote from: xmj-signal on February 10, 2023, 05:55:40 PMTo answer my own question:

4566 is working on the 84 route today - I have viewed it and can confirm it carries the registration YX72 OEO. For some reason, it seems that 4566 and 4570 have been swapped round - or is it a mistake that will be rectified sometime?
To reply to myself (again) . . . obviously a mistake that has now been rectified (and after only 3 months).

I have been keeping an eye on 4566 and 4570 whenever I could. In Leicester this afternoon, I viewed 4566 at Haymarket Bus Station and noticed that it now carries the registration which it was originally supposed to have - YX72 OEK.

A quick check on bustimes allowed me to track down 4570 at St Margarets Bus Station and that now carries YX72 OEO.

This change must have occurred within the last two weeks as I last viewed 4566 on 3rd May and the 'wrong' registration was still being carried then.

I don't know whether the vehicles have been renumbered or the registration plates have been swapped round although, from a close-ish look at the fleet numbers, it didn't look like they had been changed (there seemed to be no evidence of a sticky residue from where a number may have been removed, for example). It may have to remain a mystery.

Pscar05

Does anyone know what happened to 4102. Not tracked in nearly a month and it last did a 126 so I'm guessing the engine went bang or something 

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: Pscar05 on June 10, 2023, 09:44:43 AMDoes anyone know what happened to 4102. Not tracked in nearly a month and it last did a 126 so I'm guessing the engine went bang or something

It might have been the one that's spent the last few weeks tracking as 4501.

Pscar05

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on June 10, 2023, 03:56:15 PMIt might have been the one that's spent the last few weeks tracking as 4501.
But 4501 is withdrawn as it transferred 

Mayfield

The bus tracks from the ticket machine, so it likely got 4501's  machine and no one has bothered to reprogrammed it.

leicesterbusadventurer

4775 is now withdrawn with accident damage.

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on June 15, 2023, 11:52:35 AM4775 is now withdrawn with accident damage.
4763 as well now.

Tony

3142 appears to have been completely destroyed in a thermal incident today

SSmith09

Quote from: Tony on July 03, 2023, 09:23:23 PM3142 appears to have been completely destroyed in a thermal incident today
A video of the remains of 3142 from facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/730191328210324/permalink/948581503037971/

Glenfieldmathk1

4765? Has recently caught fire. I'd imagine it's now the end of this bus? Seems to be quite a few issues showing recently with those vehicles. A shame.. but all old things come to end of life I guess?

Mayfield

Report and video on Leicestershire live, looks minor as a shop keeper came out with fire extinguisher before it really took hold

leicestermercury.co.U.K.

SSmith09

Quote from: Mayfield on July 13, 2023, 07:31:20 AMReport and video on Leicestershire live, looks minor as a shop keeper came out with fire extinguisher before it really took hold

leicestermercury.co.U.K.

Details of the incident Arriva Bus Fire Narborough Road

AlexS

So that's 3 more deckers gone in a month without replacement. It's a good job that tomorrow is the last day of term but they better get something sorted by the start of September as the current situation is completely unsustainable with consecutive single deckers running on routes that can leave people behind with such buses.

Fin W

3791 has apparently transferred from Telford to replace them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk