News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack6101

Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

MasterPlan

Quote from: Jack6101 on May 25, 2023, 09:51:51 AMhttps://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/moment-flames-engulf-double-decker-26987712

I know what people are going to say, yes there trouble everywhere but it doesn't surprise me with some of the people I see on the 74. I hate having to catch it and I feel sorry for the drivers. Hope nobody was hurt or anything.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

hlliwmai

Quote from: MasterPlan on May 25, 2023, 02:11:20 PMI know what people are going to say, yes there trouble everywhere but it doesn't surprise me with some of the people I see on the 74. I hate having to catch it and I feel sorry for the drivers. Hope nobody was hurt or anything.

I'm actually surprised that NX have never decided to come off the route altogether and let another company have all the 💩 Diamond now have deckers so they would be an ideal company to run the route, I am in no way suggesting that it happen to them because I do not condone what's happened to 6988 in anyway shape or form 

Tony

Quote from: hlliwmai on May 25, 2023, 11:07:50 PMI'm actually surprised that NX have never decided to come off the route altogether and let another company have all the 💩 Diamond now have deckers so they would be an ideal company to run the route, I am in no way suggesting that it happen to them because I do not condone what's happened to 6988 in anyway shape or form
Stupidest comment of the thread.

Just for starters is a Diamond Streetdeck less valuable than an NX E400MMC?

MasterPlan

Quote from: hlliwmai on May 25, 2023, 11:07:50 PMI'm actually surprised that NX have never decided to come off the route altogether and let another company have all the 💩 Diamond now have deckers so they would be an ideal company to run the route, I am in no way suggesting that it happen to them because I do not condone what's happened to 6988 in anyway shape or form

Highly doubt that would ever happen. I'd be willing to bet that the 74 is one of the most profitable routes, even with the fare dodgers.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

EK40

diamond doesnt even have enough deckers to run the 74 with the 002,50 and 16A theyd need another 30 ish
and as tony said new streetdecks arent cheap at all since they need the others for manc

Straightlines

Will be a lot more routes that NX deregister before they come to the 74!

hlliwmai

Quote from: Straightlines on May 26, 2023, 01:46:53 PMWill be a lot more routes that NX deregister before they come to the 74!

Tbh that's probably a good point the new 78A that runs from Kingstanding to Sutton Coldfield I boarded the bus last week in Kingstanding and I was the only person all the way to Sutton I can't see them keeping that I can see it before much longer it will bounce straight back to Diamond 

Tony

Quote from: hlliwmai on May 26, 2023, 03:29:33 PMTbh that's probably a good point the new 78A that runs from Kingstanding to Sutton Coldfield I boarded the bus last week in Kingstanding and I was the only person all the way to Sutton I can't see them keeping that I can see it before much longer it will bounce straight back to Diamond
Do you realise how tendered services work? That is one service that is in profit

hlliwmai

Quote from: Tony on May 26, 2023, 03:34:36 PMDo you realise how tendered services work? That is one service that is in profit

Well yes @Tony of course I do I did work at Diamond but how can a route be in profit IF it picks up hardly any or no passengers?

winston

Quote from: hlliwmai on May 26, 2023, 06:58:55 PMWell yes @Tony of course I do I did work at Diamond but how can a route be in profit IF it picks up hardly any or no passengers?
Clearly you don't, otherwise you wouldn't be asking the question. 

The tender subsidy NX receive more than covers the operating costs, hence it generates a profit. 

MW

Speaking of route withdrawals, the old rumour about the 73 seems to have been reignited. NX drivers seem convinced that it's getting binned.

Stu

Back on topic please folks
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ginger66

Earlier today there was a bus on the one stand  I believe it was stand F next to the zebra crossing at West Bromwich and the next bus stops over the crossing as the driver could not pull into stand due to the other bus not departing.

I thought the crossing where public walkways and rights of way as the driver blocked the crossing causing passengers to walk beyond the bus to get across the crossing.

Are drivers allowed to block crossings or are they supposed to use alternative stands.

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: Ginger66 on May 27, 2023, 06:55:28 PMEarlier today there was a bus on the one stand  I believe it was stand F next to the zebra crossing at West Bromwich and the next bus stops over the crossing as the driver could not pull into stand due to the other bus not departing.

I thought the crossing where public walkways and rights of way as the driver blocked the crossing causing passengers to walk beyond the bus to get across the crossing.

Are drivers allowed to block crossings or are they supposed to use alternative stands.
Oh really as I'm pretty sure u was on same bus as me and 74 did not block crossing he allowed passengers to cross so now don't make up stuff

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk