News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayfield

markcf83

Quote from: BrumKev86 on May 05, 2023, 07:44:00 PMFirst Bus( 37639) service U5 crashed into a low arch railway bridge near to Bath on Thursday evening causing substantial damage to upper deck. No injuries thankfully

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2023-05-05/double-decker-bus-crashes-into-railway-bridge
Taken the wrong turn ironically near the garage.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Looks like 4881 left 20 minutes late on its 18:15 servie.
The bus was apparently temporarily taken out of service as someone wouldn't pay their fare.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

6949 has been involved in a RTA on Jennens Road this afternoon.
Police have closed the road.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

mesub

Quote6949 has been involved in a RTA on Jennens Road this afternoon.
Police have closed the road.

Hopefully everyone involved is okay. I do hope it won't be off the road long term again.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Quote from: mesub on May 15, 2023, 09:39:32 PMHopefully everyone involved is okay. I do hope it won't be off the road long term again.
Woman seriously hurt in city centre bus crash (msn.com)
Hopefully the pedestrian makes a full recovery.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on May 16, 2023, 03:10:59 PMWoman seriously hurt in city centre bus crash (msn.com)
Hopefully the pedestrian makes a full recovery.
And hopefully she learns from this experience and stays on the pavement until it is safe to cross the road.

Sorry but buses don't just hit pedestrians for no reason, unless the pedestrian is where they shouldn't be.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

markcf83

First Leeds Streetdeck 35523 was involved in an incident where youths are alleged to have let off fireworks on the upper deck. It has been reported via the BBC website. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

suavegarv

Tony

Quote from: mesub on May 15, 2023, 09:39:32 PMHopefully everyone involved is okay. I do hope it won't be off the road long term again.
Back out

Tony

2 men and a large dog travelling round threatening passengers on the CV 11 earlier today (13:15 to Leamington Spa/E112). After boarding at Gibbet Hill Campus and travelling towards the Leamington area told a lone woman at the back of the lower deck they were going to follow her off the bus and beat her up when she gets off at her stop. They were telling each other its justified because she looked at them and later boasting to each other about how they'd similarly been threatening others on the 11 earlier in the day.
Think a ban for these 2 could be justified as well as large dogs in general.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on May 23, 2023, 06:11:58 PM2 men and a large dog travelling round threatening passengers on the CV 11 earlier today (13:15 to Leamington Spa/E112). After boarding at Gibbet Hill Campus and travelling towards the Leamington area told a lone woman at the back of the lower deck they were going to follow her off the bus and beat her up when she gets off at her stop. They were telling each other its justified because she looked at them and later boasting to each other about how they'd similarly been threatening others on the 11 earlier in the day.
Think a ban for these 2 could be justified as well as large dogs in general.
I hope you have reported this unpleasant experience to Safer Travel?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

18WilliamsLi

Apparently 6988 on fire on soho Rd on 74 looks bad damage

Ronnoc

Hopefully nobody was hurt, and hopefully the culprits will be caught and severely punished. 

The bus damage looks quite bad, but not beyond repair.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk