News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Quote from: Stu on April 06, 2023, 06:51:41 PMMore likely deliberate arson to me, as per my comment on that E&S article.
The article quotes the fire service as saying the fire was on the top deck, so that would appear to be the case.

EK40

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on April 06, 2023, 06:53:23 PMSpoke to the driver who had 4483 while it was on fire he said some teenagers got on bus in Langley and got off in dudley and they was smoking weed upstairs
probably a similar situation to the 50 a few weeks back probably tried to stub it on the seat and caught it and caught fire

Tony

Quote from: Mike K on April 06, 2023, 07:53:15 PMThe article quotes the fire service as saying the fire was on the top deck, so that would appear to be the case.
WB have allocated a bodymaker to repair it before anyone withdraws it on Bustimes

Ronnoc

Quote from: Tony on April 07, 2023, 11:00:59 AMWB have allocated a bodymaker to repair it before anyone withdraws it on Bustimes
That's good to hear. I would have thought with its age it would have been finished, like 4456.

hlliwmai

Quote from: Tony on April 07, 2023, 11:00:59 AMWB have allocated a bodymaker to repair it before anyone withdraws it on Bustimes

Now that has surprised me, I didn't think with the age of it NX would of bothered but fair play 

BrumKev86

Been an incident on Sheaf Lane in Sheldon this evening, 4651 stopped by armed police. Youths arrested after reports Touchwood staff were threatened with a machete.
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

MW

Quote from: BrumKev86 on April 07, 2023, 08:34:03 PMBeen an incident on Sheaf Lane in Sheldon this evening, 4651 stopped by armed police. Youths arrested after reports Touchwood staff were threatened with a machete.

Those kids are the same trouble makers responsible for other acts on the 72/X2/X12 such as chucking seat cushions out of the window on Lode Lane, smashing windows, fights etc. No doubt they'll be back out tomorrow causing trouble.

In fact, at around 1810, there were about 6-7 of them masked up kicking the crap out of one guy in the 72 bus stop. Some scarpered onto the Scania and the others on the Gemini behind.

Edit: looks like the drama continued after the ones who weren't arrested got chucked off 4651. Sounds like the same guy got beaten up again. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02fUjEb6ggK1CkMncG1yPzMw6XktxjtoT3E3RaGqn1uAGhfvN8fTbMBANdt6nKHbjvl&id=100069834720706

BrumKev86

Quote from: MW on April 07, 2023, 08:43:59 PMThose kids are the same trouble makers responsible for other acts on the 72/X2/X12 such as chucking seat cushions out of the window on Lode Lane, smashing windows, fights etc. No doubt they'll be back out tomorrow causing trouble.

In fact, at around 1810, there were about 6-7 of them masked up kicking the crap out of one guy in the 72 bus stop. Some scarpered onto the Scania and the others on the Gemini behind.

Edit: looks like the drama continued after the ones who weren't arrested got chucked off 4651. Sounds like the same guy got beaten up again. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02fUjEb6ggK1CkMncG1yPzMw6XktxjtoT3E3RaGqn1uAGhfvN8fTbMBANdt6nKHbjvl&id=100069834720706

It was only within the last 6 months that another 72 was stopped by armed police at the stop before the incident last night. Youths had gone to Solihull and there had been disorder in one of the restaurants on the high street. 

I did hear about that incident but didn't know it was bus related. Just someone had been beaten up by Sheldon Country Park, by about 20 youths. 

It's shocking what's happening, it's one of the reasons why in 3 weeks I'm moving to the south west. Would never say Birmingham/ Black Country has been a safe area but it's really gone downhill the last 5/10 years, the crime rate figures show that. You walk around Birmingham and there's hardly any police compared to years ago, thanks to the government. If there's no visible police and a soft justice system then what deterrent is there?. These kids arrested on 4651 last night, if they are found guilty of carrying a weapon on a bus, will they get a sentence that will deter them doing it again. Of course not!

markcf83

Quote from: BrumKev86 on April 08, 2023, 04:22:11 PMIt was only within the last 6 months that another 72 was stopped by armed police at the stop before the incident last night. Youths had gone to Solihull and there had been disorder in one of the restaurants on the high street.

I did hear about that incident but didn't know it was bus related. Just someone had been beaten up by Sheldon Country Park, by about 20 youths.

It's shocking what's happening, it's one of the reasons why in 3 weeks I'm moving to the south west. Would never say Birmingham/ Black Country has been a safe area but it's really gone downhill the last 5/10 years, the crime rate figures show that. You walk around Birmingham and there's hardly any police compared to years ago, thanks to the government. If there's no visible police and a soft justice system then what deterrent is there?. These kids arrested on 4651 last night, if they are found guilty of carrying a weapon on a bus, will they get a sentence that will deter them doing it again. Of course not!
Blame the parents for not raising them properly.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Coventrybususer95

E084 has just drove into a lampost and broken its left hand mirror clean off
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Sandy Lane

Two NXC 13's on the Whitmore Park route had to breath in a little on my very own road in Radford!
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/gridlock-busy-coventry-road-buses-26749767

Did they touch or get away with it - photo shows it must have been close!

Gareth

Quote from: Jack6101 on April 21, 2023, 07:31:48 PM---REMOVED---
You may need to be careful when accusing bus drivers of assault without knowing all the facts etc.

ellspurs

Quote from: Sandy Lane on April 21, 2023, 05:59:43 PMTwo NXC 13's on the Whitmore Park route had to breath in a little on my very own road in Radford!
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/gridlock-busy-coventry-road-buses-26749767

Did they touch or get away with it - photo shows it must have been close!

Erm, that's St. Nicholas Street, not Sandy Lane.

BrumKev86

First Bus( 37639) service U5 crashed into a low arch railway bridge near to Bath on Thursday evening causing substantial damage to upper deck. No injuries thankfully

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2023-05-05/double-decker-bus-crashes-into-railway-bridge

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk