News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva Leicester

Started by Tony, January 28, 2014, 08:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leicesterbusadventurer

4501-4504 have now left for Kent.

leicesterbusadventurer

Following an RTC yesterday morning, 3808 will be getting repainted into the new livery, and the other Pulsars at Hinckley will subsequently follow.

3300 is also currently being repainted.

andyallen4014

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on December 16, 2022, 09:51:32 PMSome of the MMCs will be off to Yorkshire to replace the Lowlanders, as 4416-4425 were originally planned to. Others are expected to move to Kent to replace the ALX400s after they decided they didn't want any more B9TLs.
This post is a little strange as nothing has been planned to move to Yorkshire as part of these cascades, and the Volvo B9TLs were staying in Leicester all along.

andyallen4014

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on January 19, 2023, 11:29:40 PM3300 is also currently being repainted.
3300 returned on Friday, 4529 has gone for repaint in its place.

AlexS

Given repaints won't be finishing anytime soon and today is yet another day with services not running due to a lack of serviceable vehicles despite there currently being 2 more buses allocated to Leicester compared to the ongoing plan some changes clearly and urgently need to be made to these plans so that service levels can be maintained. 

xmj-signal

New Enviro 400MMC 4570 has been out on my local route (84) today and I saw it earlier.

I was surprised to see that it carries the registration YX72 OEK but according to the list on the main webpages it should be YX72 OEO (and YX72 OEK should be carried by 4566). It would also make sense for it to be YX72 OEO if the registrations are being allocated fleet numbers in alphabetical order.

Initially, I thought I must have mis-read either the fleet number or registration plate so I went out to view the bus on its return journey but it turned out my eye-sight is fine and there is a discrepancy.

Has anyone seen 4566 to be able to confirm what registration it is carrying? Or, does anyone know why the fleet numbers/registration numbers may have been swapped round?

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: xmj-signal on January 31, 2023, 10:27:34 PMHas anyone seen 4566 to be able to confirm what registration it is carrying? Or, does anyone know why the fleet numbers/registration numbers may have been swapped round?

Already crashed. Happened in Syston on Monday afternoon.

Coventrybususer95

Looks like the x6 city express could be cancelled  
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

SSmith09

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on February 03, 2023, 03:17:25 PMLooks like the x6 city express could be cancelled 

afaik the only funded part of the X6 is the section between Three Pots and Hinckley which relates to the former service 5 that was merged into the X6.

A full list of the services under review are listed on the Leicester mercury website 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/bus-services-across-leicestershire-set-8105442

xmj-signal

Quote from: xmj-signal on January 31, 2023, 10:27:34 PMHas anyone seen 4566 to be able to confirm what registration it is carrying?

To answer my own question:

4566 is working on the 84 route today - I have viewed it and can confirm it carries the registration YX72 OEO. For some reason, it seems that 4566 and 4570 have been swapped round - or is it a mistake that will be rectified sometime?

SSmith09

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on February 03, 2023, 03:17:25 PMLooks like the x6 city express could be cancelled 
the X6 is being increased up to every hour from 16th April

Quite a few services are changing in Leicester from this date: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/changes-to-leicestershires-bus-services

Tony

Quote from: xmj-signal on February 10, 2023, 05:55:40 PMTo answer my own question:

4566 is working on the 84 route today - I have viewed it and can confirm it carries the registration YX72 OEO. For some reason, it seems that 4566 and 4570 have been swapped round - or is it a mistake that will be rectified sometime?
I have received a copy of the latest company fleetlist and it still lists them the opposite way around to what is actually carried. Need to find out if they have swapped identities due to being registered the other way around or Arriva have just put the fleetnumbers on the opposite way around. If anyone travels on either could they check either the VIN or body number on the plates by the doors.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: SSmith2009 on March 08, 2023, 04:41:01 PMthe X6 is being increased up to every hour from 16th April

Quite a few services are changing in Leicester from this date: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/changes-to-leicestershires-bus-services
The timetables being joint on 37/38/38A in Leicester and also 148 (was 48L) & 158 will certainly be welcomed..
Nice, clear & easy to read timetables and no longer fighting in tandem!

markcf83

Can anyone in Leicester confirm that all of 4501 to 4528 are heading out of the fleet,I assume to the South East? 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: markcf83 on March 13, 2023, 10:55:26 AMCan anyone in Leicester confirm that all of 4501 to 4528 are heading out of the fleet,I assume to the South East?
4510, 4511, 4514, 4516, 4524 and 4527 are still in Leicester. They're either clinging on just while 4529-4535 are being repainted, or covering for fleet shortages due to withdrawals. The latest confirmations for those are 4100 and 4761.

4100's engine failed beyond repair, while 4761 has been withdrawn due to turbo problems.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk