News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

winston

Coventrybususer95

All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

18WilliamsLi

Sandy Lane

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on February 07, 2023, 08:07:34 PMNXCovertry 4453
CT says - incident involved a small fire to the rear brakes of the bus.

Great piccie - shows 2 firemen but no bus!

BrumKev86

Bus Window smashed by group of youths near the Radleys tonight
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

Westy

BrumKev86

Person taken ill on the X5 bus in Roughley but paramedics couldn't treat woman due an aggressive dog on board. Police were called to assist.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/police-ambulance-crews-called-sutton-26182089?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

Tony

Quote from: Sandy Lane on February 07, 2023, 09:13:30 PMCT says - incident involved a small fire to the rear brakes of the bus.

Great piccie - shows 2 firemen but no bus!
Just to confirm there was no fire, and is no fire damage, just sticking brakes which is currently being fixed. The bus is not withdrawn.

markcf83

Quote from: Tony on February 08, 2023, 09:36:37 AMJust to confirm there was no fire, and is no fire damage, just sticking brakes which is currently being fixed. The bus is not withdrawn.
Phew! 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Tony on February 08, 2023, 09:36:37 AMJust to confirm there was no fire, and is no fire damage, just sticking brakes which is currently being fixed. The bus is not withdrawn.
Typical desktop reporting quality by the CT. I guess CT just lifts info from emergency services feeds and not doing any research?

Stu

Quote from: Sandy Lane on February 08, 2023, 03:08:50 PMTypical desktop reporting quality by the CT. I guess CT just lifts info from emergency services feeds and not doing any research?
That is sadly typical of all Reach group publications, same as Birmingham Mail.

The actual article is based around a couple of 'tweets', which clearly say it was only a 'small fire' on the brakes (probably a seized overheating caliper), yet the headline and first paragraphs make out the whole bus was on fire.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on February 08, 2023, 06:42:30 PMThat is sadly typical of all Reach group publications, same as Birmingham Mail.

The actual article is based around a couple of 'tweets', which clearly say it was only a 'small fire' on the brakes (probably a seized overheating caliper), yet the headline and first paragraphs make out the whole bus was on fire.
Knowing Reach it's a wonder one of the passengers wasn't making a fortune on only fans

Ginger66

Quote from: BrumKev86 on February 08, 2023, 08:17:20 AMPerson taken ill on the X5 bus in Roughley but paramedics couldn't treat woman due an aggressive dog on board. Police were called to assist.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/police-ambulance-crews-called-sutton-26182089?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar
Surely I thought I assistance/working dogs would be allowed in buses.

Westy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk