News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: SUNDAY.BASH on August 09, 2022, 05:50:05 PMwill 1868 BX58 SYS be repaired or replaced by one of the reserve Scanias ?

I haven't seen any pictures or video, but from reading was was written, it sounds very unlikely that this bus would be repaired.

More likely to be stripped of any 'good' useable parts for use in repairing one of the reserve vehicles.

I'm only thankful that there weren't more serious injuries, and I hope the person taken to hospital makes a full recovery.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

https://www.itv.com/news/central/2022-08-09/national-express-to-launch-investigation-after-kingstanding-bus-crash-birmingham

Would guess it will be replaced by cascades whenever more of the new hydrogens/electrics enter service post September.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Celestial Toymaker

Thats what i thought, thanks for thatYou cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment.
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

mesub

4582 could not continue its journey in the 76 towards Solihull, only making it three stops before an angry group of youths smashed the window with a rock (due to them trying to use the emergency door control when the bus was waiting in traffic in Northfield and failing. They did try and get on at the next stop but the driver didn't stop for them).
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

busboy31

CL

Not really a bus incident but fire crews are/have been in attendance of a blaze at the former Hockley garage this evening - known today as the New Bingley Hall, near Hockley Circus

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/new-bingley-hall-fire-live-25020281
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

4369Beast

The Green Bus, South Staffs, Cymru Coaches, solus coaches, Lingburg and Southern Coachlines will be out on Sunday and maybe Saturday operating for XC between Leamington Spa, Banbury and Oxford. And Leamington Spa - Didcot Parkway direct if anyone is interested.

Squiz1971

Last night whilst waiting outside the rear or the Law Courts for an X12/13. 6837 was at the 65/67 stop with one of its nearside lower deck windows smashed this was about 21:30 when it happened, I do not know as 6837 was already parked there with hazards on when I arrived at the stop. 

18WilliamsLi

4482 has crashed into a garden/house on Wolverhampton rd this morning running not in service hope the driver is alright 

Jack6101

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on October 15, 2022, 08:46:45 AM4482 has crashed into a garden/house on Wolverhampton rd this morning running not in service hope the driver is alright
Looks bad a relative lives oppersite , hope the driver is okay 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

ellspurs

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/live-updates-double-decker-bus-25270527

News article with a BMesque grainy picture.

I drove up there at 00:30 this morning on my way to Merry Hill. There were idiots driving about then, burning rubber between each set of lights.

Tony

No need for any insensitive comments on this one please. You will see why when the story is published

Stu

Quote from: Tony on October 15, 2022, 10:53:29 AMNo need for any insensitive comments on this one please. You will see why when the story is published
RIP and condolences to his family.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/double-decker-bus-driver-dies-25270794
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Squiz1971

Quote from: Tony on October 15, 2022, 10:53:29 AMNo need for any insensitive comments on this one please. You will see why when the story is published
Yes, shame about the driver let him RIP and send condolences to his family

Sandy Lane

A-line decker LK03 NKZ hit a lamp on London Rd Coventry. Driver has minor injuries and bus looks a right off to me?
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/live-bus-left-crumpled-after-25289182

Wonder who owned it before A-Line

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk