News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva Leicester

Started by Tony, January 28, 2014, 08:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: xmj-signal on October 05, 2022, 07:21:38 PMThat's interesting (and not too much of a surprise).

I don't recall 4761 being reported as withdrawn so it is actually out of service or is this a part of a long chain of incorrect machine identities?

It's not. I saw it on the 85 last Thursday.

leicesterbusadventurer

2949 has now been repainted. That's now all the Versas put into Journey Mark.

SSmith09

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on October 11, 2022, 03:00:36 PM2949 has now been repainted. That's now all the Versas put into Journey Mark.
Just 3300, 3801, a couple of VolvoB9tls and E400mmcs 4501-4535 (excluding 4533) left to repaint to journey mark

leicesterbusadventurer

4759 has transferred to Aylesbury.

Mayfield

1 Verso is definitely not in the new livery, I believe it to be 2979 YJ09MKV

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: Mayfield on November 04, 2022, 05:03:07 PM1 Verso is definitely not in the new livery, I believe it to be 2979 YJ09MKV
It is.

leicesterbusadventurer

4101 has moved to Derby. More Olympuses are expected to make this move when the MMCs arrive.

AlexS

Honestly it's about time the traffic commissioner got involved. Whilst people may look sympathetically at the ongoing staff shortages it is simply completely unacceptable to continually reduce the number of buses at a depot that is already having major issues with vehicle availability to the extent that services would not be able to run to their full timetable even if they had an unlimited number of drivers available.

Tony

QuoteHonestly it's about time the traffic commissioner got involved. Whilst people may look sympathetically at the ongoing staff shortages it is simply completely unacceptable to continually reduce the number of buses at a depot that is already having major issues with vehicle availability to the extent that services would not be able to run to their full timetable even if they had an unlimited number of drivers available.
Thurmaston currently has 12.5% spare which is more than I have to allocate at NXWM.

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: AlexS on November 08, 2022, 08:27:52 AMHonestly it's about time the traffic commissioner got involved. Whilst people may look sympathetically at the ongoing staff shortages it is simply completely unacceptable to continually reduce the number of buses at a depot that is already having major issues with vehicle availability to the extent that services would not be able to run to their full timetable even if they had an unlimited number of drivers available.
It's causing major problems, and I have the misfortune to be on one of the worst affected services by the situation, the 85.

On Tuesday morning, I went to get my normal run into Leicester, the 11:00, and the stop was unusually busy. These were people that had been there for over 40 minutes, due to the 10:30 failing to run. Then in the evening, I was late getting back due to the 6:00 not running. I'd been on the tracker and worked out that that journey was supposed to have been done by 4521.

4521 however went out of service at South Wigston on its previous run and went back to the depot. I think I even saw it drive past out of service. Nothing took its place.

That's just one side of problems I've had with the 85 in the last year. Other times I've had cases where the drivers get an overwhelming urge to put their foot down (usually on DB250s), and end up going past all the stops 5-10 minutes early. If it's a half an hour wait for the next one, then of course people are going to make alternative arrangements. When this happens, I myself usually jump on the next 47 and have a ride waiting at South Wigston.

markcf83

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on November 07, 2022, 10:34:53 PM4101 has moved to Derby. More Olympuses are expected to make this move when the MMCs arrive.
When are they due?
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: markcf83 on November 17, 2022, 12:28:07 PMWhen are they due?
Later this month supposedly.

In addition to the Olympuses moving on, 4416-4425 are also expected to move to Yorkshire to replace the Lowlanders.

markcf83

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on November 17, 2022, 12:49:47 PMLater this month supposedly.

In addition to the Olympuses moving on, 4416-4425 are also expected to move to Yorkshire to replace the Lowlanders.
Thanks for the reply. Most helpful.  
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

f_27

Will there be a Christmas bus this year?

SSmith09

Arriva have announced they will be adding 22 'Streetdeck Electroliner's to the Leicester fleet from October 2023 

Details here: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/arriva-announces-leicester%E2%80%99s-first-ever-double-decker-electric-buses

The article also mentions that 36 diesel-powered buses that are also coming this christmas hopefully these will see off the ever dwindling number of VDL geminis

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk