News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: ellspurs on September 16, 2022, 07:44:41 PMWhen I was driving back from Bridgnorth at about 10.30am, the police had the traffic held on the M6 at J4a. Dunno how long it was held for but people would've been coming off at J4 to seek alternative routes.

Likewise, the M42 south was severely congested between J8 and J6 going south at about 2pm when I was coming home. Bad day out on the roads throughout.
Why is this in Acocks green section 

The Real 4778

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on September 16, 2022, 08:15:30 PMWhy is this in Acocks green section
Presumably because AG supplies the buses for route 11A. 
Don't you start.

Squiz1971

Yesterday I saw an 11 Branded E400MMC 61** and a Gemini both showing Queen Elizabeth II EIIR Thank you Ma'am on the blinds at the Drews Lane/Bromford Lane (anticlockwise) lights around 9:25am. I was waiting on the Farnhurst Road side of the lights waiting to go across and read the blind as I passed the bus. Is this there instead on the Not in Service notice until the funeral on Monday? Or just something to honour the death of the queen as I found it a really great gesture from NXWM. Have not seen any other garage showing this as of yet, just wondering that is all

Stu

Quote from: Squiz1971 on September 17, 2022, 05:07:57 PMYesterday I saw an 11 Branded E400MMC 61** and a Gemini both showing Queen Elizabeth II EIIR and I think We're thinking of you on the blinds at the Drews Lane/Bromford Lane (anticlockwise) lights around 9:25am. I was waiting on the Farnhurst Road side of the lights waiting to go across and read the blind as I passed the bus. Is this there instead on the Not in Service notice until the funeral on Monday? Or just something to honour the death of the queen as I found it a really great gesture from NXWM. Have not seen any other garage showing this as of yet, just wondering that is all

This was mentioned in another topic here:
https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?msg=304248
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Squiz1971

Quote from: Stu on September 17, 2022, 05:10:55 PMThis was mentioned in another topic here:
https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?msg=304248
Yes @Stu just read about it in the PB thread and I changed part of my text to read what I actually read on the blind 

Good driver on 6116 today on the 11A. He was very friendly to all passengers boarding and alighting. And clearly doing the job to a high standard.

On the same journey Romanian man and woman walked straight on the bus at Tyburn Road without presenting a valid ticket. Driver called them back but they just sat hiding behind the wall in the pushchair area, speaking to each other in their language, seemingly pretending they couldn't hear/understand the driver calling them back. Driver switched the engine off. After several minutes they came back swearing, making hand gestures, and being abusive as they got off. The man was banging on the door after the driver shut them. Sadly, suspect they tried their luck on the next bus.

This was the 11:47 to Perry Barr.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BBS

Is there a idea of when the outer circle will come back together. Its quite annoying having to wait for a 11A or C that actually goes to Somewhere other than Acocks green and turning into a 11C or 11A
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Steve3229vp

Quote from: BBS on October 02, 2022, 05:17:43 PMIs there a idea of when the outer circle will come back together. Its quite annoying having to wait for a 11A or C that actually goes to Somewhere other than Acocks green and turning into a 11C or 11A
I hope doesn't, in fact I think it would benefit passengers if the 11A's that terminate in Perry Barr could load at One Stop for 11C journeys going back to Acocks Green, I think passengers would like that.

Quote from: Steve3229vp on October 02, 2022, 05:25:37 PMI hope doesn't, in fact I think it would benefit passengers if the 11A's that terminate in Perry Barr could load at One Stop for 11C journeys going back to Acocks Green, I think passengers would like that.

When I was there the 11A's were terminating outside the station.
I believe a lot of passengers travel through Accoks Green onwards to/from Fox Hollies/Hall Green/Kings Heath, who are now turfed off at Acocks Green to wait for another bus. There is also the confusing bus stop situation at Erdington Six Ways continuing where the 11A and 11C to Acocks Green load at the same stop.  The 11A should go back to its stop on Wood End Road.
When it was first introduced it was said that it would be temporary until roadworks at Perry Barr have finished. Since then roadworks have finished and there has been 0 communication to passengers and so it appears never ending.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BBS

QuoteWhen I was there the 11A's were terminating outside the station.
I believe a lot of passengers travel through Accoks Green onwards to/from Fox Hollies/Hall Green/Kings Heath, who are now turfed off at Acocks Green to wait for another bus. There is also the confusing bus stop situation at Erdington Six Ways continuing where the 11A and 11C to Acocks Green load at the same stop.  The 11A should go back to its stop on Wood End Road.
When it was first introduced it was said that it would be temporary until roadworks at Perry Barr have finished. Since then roadworks have finished and there has been 0 communication to passengers and so it appears never ending.
Quite annoying for someone who needs the 11 to go to work or schools. 

j789

Yes this may be a hindrance to you but the other 95%, not affected by this, of the Outer Circle route may well have improved in reliability since the changes. So perhaps they have decided to stick with the changes as it has made a positive difference for most passengers using the service???

GoldenSquid

Quote from: 2206 on October 02, 2022, 06:10:37 PMThere is also the confusing bus stop situation at Erdington Six Ways continuing where the 11A and 11C to Acocks Green load at the same stop.  The 11A should go back to its stop on Wood End Road.
I think this is the most confusing bit for passengers, I am not sure why it overlaps there but not on the Acocks Green side.
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

BBS

QuoteI think this is the most confusing bit for passengers, I am not sure why it overlaps there but not on the Acocks Green side.
At Acocks green a 11A comes and changes to 11C, and same for 11C to 11A

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on October 02, 2022, 06:10:37 PMWhen I was there the 11A's were terminating outside the station.
I believe a lot of passengers travel through Accoks Green onwards to/from Fox Hollies/Hall Green/Kings Heath, who are now turfed off at Acocks Green to wait for another bus.
In my experience, having to change buses at Acocks Green has never been a major problem for me, even on a Sunday there's usually only a wait of a few minutes.

Quote from: j789 on October 02, 2022, 09:52:13 PMYes this may be a hindrance to you but the other 95%, not affected by this, of the Outer Circle route may well have improved in reliability since the changes. So perhaps they have decided to stick with the changes as it has made a positive difference for most passengers using the service???

I don't think its made much difference to reliability to be honest, you still have them running in convoys, just this evening there were three 11As following each other towards Acocks Green on Yardley Wood Road in Billesley, with another one not far ahead of them!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Looks like Acocks Green have rushed 4667 into service. The blue and white livery is complete with its National Express Coventry fleetnames.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk