News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesub

QuoteSo are 6893 - 6999 the only Smart Hybrids NXWM have or is the list a bit different?  Are the rest plain normal diesels?

Honestly I thought the main difference was to do with the extra small grille above the main grille on the OS of the buses (https://imgur.com/a/wnJYrpg)
Leading me to think that some of the 68**s were retrofitted with smart hybridness (http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/5001-9959/6885.html)
If that isn't the case, were these just simple replacement parts?

All '67 reg Platinums onwards are smart hybrids. The '67 reg batch was retrofitted with smart hybrid technology not too long after they entered service (as there was a news post on the nxbus website when they launched back in 2017).
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Tony

QuoteAll '67 reg Platinums onwards are smart hybrids. The '67 reg batch was retrofitted with smart hybrid technology not too long after they entered service (as there was a news post on the nxbus website when they launched back in 2017).
They're not. Some of the 67s were never done. And it was not fitted to the last order

Mike K

On the 6855-92 BC batch, those that have been retrofitted are identifiable by the amended offside engine bay grille / vent arrangement. However, as stated there are a few which were never completed and still have the original arrangement - 6863 is one which I think was never done. 

Tony

4301 out on the 11 today

Rumours of its demise were greatly exaggerated

Stu

Quote from: BBS on September 03, 2022, 09:57:09 AM6835 on the 4, missed these smart hybrids at AG
Quote from: Tony on September 03, 2022, 10:09:55 AMAG have never had 'smart hybrids' (The 75xx aren't) and as you cannot tell the difference not sure how you could have missed them.
Forgive my ignorance, as I've not heard of this term before, but what are 'smart hybrids'?

I've heard of 'micro-hybrids', otherwise known as 'start-stop'.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

QuoteForgive my ignorance, as I've not heard of this term before, but what are 'smart hybrids'?

I've heard of 'micro-hybrids', otherwise known as 'start-stop'.
Smart Hybrids save some energy from braking to use in a small motor to help pulling away the next time.#

Micro-Hybrids save energy to use in auxiliary equipment such as wipers, doors etc instead of using hydraulic or air operation. This takes some strain off the engine improving fuel consumption.

Stop start is separate and does not indicate a bus is either.

Stu

Quote from: Tony on September 05, 2022, 05:47:07 PMSmart Hybrids save some energy from braking to use in a small motor to help pulling away the next time.#

Micro-Hybrids save energy to use in auxiliary equipment such as wipers, doors etc instead of using hydraulic or air operation. This takes some strain off the engine improving fuel consumption.

Stop start is separate and does not indicate a bus is either.
Thanks for the info, I may have been mistaken about 'micro-hybrids' and stop-start, but I don't recall anything about NX utilising 'smart hybrid' in any of their Platinum vehicles, hence why the term was unfamiliar to me.
My locals:

mesub

QuoteThey're not. Some of the 67s were never done. And it was not fitted to the last order

Oh? How come?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

BBS

2209 now unbranded? Im guessing the 4/4A will lose the branding. Please correct if wrong 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

BNH2004

Quote from: BBS on September 07, 2022, 08:39:32 PM2209 now unbranded? Im guessing the 4/4A will lose the branding. Please correct if wrong
It's in repaint at WA
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/2201-2250/2209.html

BBS

QuoteIt's in replant at WA
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/2201-2250/2209.html
So will it retain its branding? 

BNH2004

Quote from: BBS on September 07, 2022, 09:00:45 PMSo will it retain its branding?
The other buses will retain the branding until repaint or unless it is needed to be debranded before repaint

But currently any bus that goes in for repaint it will loose its branding

BBS

QuoteThe other buses will retain the branding until repaint or unless it is needed to be debranded before repaint

But currently any bus that goes in for repaint it will loose its branding
Oh right. 

Heavy slow moving congestion on Bromford Lane between Fox and Goose and Bromford Bridge this afternoon. Looks like the 11A has had large delays to the service.
6121 and 6141 were stuck there for an hour according to the tracking.
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/278497?date=2022-09-16#journeys/310223700
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on September 16, 2022, 06:28:45 PMHeavy slow moving congestion on Bromford Lane between Fox and Goose and Bromford Bridge this afternoon. Looks like the 11A has had large delays to the service.
6121 and 6141 were stuck there for an hour according to the tracking.
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/278497?date=2022-09-16#journeys/310223700

If you look, its the same everywhere! Stratford Road was almost at a standstill earlier when I travelled along it.
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk