News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Tyme

A grim situation for the driver of 1803.  A pity the car driver was so stubborn.

I have noticed buses turning or starting short running via Highgate Road and Mole Street, to take up service again on the Stratford Road - the old 36 turning arrangement lives on!

BBS

Quote from: Justin Tyme on July 04, 2022, 08:41:45 PMA grim situation for the driver of 1803.  A pity the car driver was so stubborn.

I have noticed buses turning or starting short running via Highgate Road and Mole Street, to take up service again on the Stratford Road - the old 36 turning arrangement lives on!
isn't that turn a bit tight though? Can E200mmcs do it but to be honest drivers usually in Sparkhill/Sparkbrook just want their ways clear if you know what i mean 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Jack

Quote from: BBS on July 04, 2022, 11:41:04 PMisn't that turn a bit tight though? Can E200mmcs do it but to be honest drivers usually in Sparkhill/Sparkbrook just want their ways clear if you know what i mean
No, if it was I doubt buses would be turned round there would they...

ellspurs

The implication here is to not have the drivers try to turn around in Sparkbrook. I got stuck there last week for over an hour because someone just decided to park their car in the middle of the road and then disappear. Someone had to phone him up for him to be delivered by another car just to move his car out of the way. The parking around there is atrocious.

BBS

Has the 41 been decreased to every 2 hours? It seems like it misses a couple journeys now 

Quote from: BBS on August 06, 2022, 04:33:47 PMHas the 41 been decreased to every 2 hours? It seems like it misses a couple journeys now
No it hasn't
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

QuoteHas the 41 been decreased to every 2 hours? It seems like it misses a couple journeys now
I presume you are at home watching bus times, not actually waiting for one, as all the missing journies were operated by 1810 which doesn't track on bustimes.

BBS

QuoteI presume you are at home watching bus times, not actually waiting for one, as all the missing journies were operated by 1810 which doesn't track on bustimes
Actually i wasnt home watching bus times, instead i waiting for a 41. Last week same issue happened so it must have been 1810 not tracking. 

Tony

QuoteActually i wasnt home watching bus times, instead i waiting for a 41. Last week same issue happened so it must have been 1810 not tracking.
Well if you were waiting for one. Then it turned up because every one ran today, so you would know there isn't a two hour gap in the timetable 

BBS

QuoteWell if you were waiting for one. Then it turned up because every one ran today, so you would know there isn't a two hour gap in the timetable
Right okay

Tony

QuoteRight okay
Well which journey didn't run then?

BBS

6835 on the 4, missed these smart hybrids at AG

Tony

Quote6835 on the 4, missed these smart hybrids at AG
AG have never had 'smart hybrids' (The 75xx aren't) and as you cannot tell the difference not sure how you could have missed them.

BBS

QuoteAG have never had 'smart hybrids' (The 75xx aren't) and as you cannot tell the difference not sure how you could have missed them.
Ohhh i thought the 75** were smart hybrids apologies. 

KingNaija

Quote from: Tony on September 03, 2022, 10:09:55 AMAG have never had 'smart hybrids' (The 75xx aren't) and as you cannot tell the difference not sure how you could have missed them.
So are 6893 - 6999 the only Smart Hybrids NXWM have or is the list a bit different?  Are the rest plain normal diesels?

Honestly I thought the main difference was to do with the extra small grille above the main grille on the OS of the buses (https://imgur.com/a/wnJYrpg)
Leading me to think that some of the 68**s were retrofitted with smart hybridness (http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/5001-9959/6885.html)
If that isn't the case, were these just simple replacement parts?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk