News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: samuel derrington on May 29, 2022, 06:48:25 PMJohnsons ran the X50 today diamond take over all services from tomorrow
Diamond site said they take over today as well.
https://www.diamondbuses.com/west-midlands/bus-services/x50-birmingham/

Presumably they put the wrong date down as it won't actually start running till Thursday (Bank Holiday).
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: Solo1 on May 29, 2022, 08:49:46 AMtaken from latest n&p  Section 3.5 – Cancellations of Existing Services PD0001374/525 DIAMOND BUS LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW Operating between Birmingham City Centre and Kings Heath given service number 34 effective from 26 June 2022.
Well that didn't last long. It probably didn't help when printed at-stop timetables were replaced for April 24th changes, the 34 got removed, though it stayed on the flags. So if passenger usage was as low as was claimed, the few passengers that did use this service may have assumed it had actually been cancelled at the time and given up.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

bewdley5

Quote from: 2206 on May 29, 2022, 07:01:20 PMDiamond site said they take over today as well.

Presumably they put the wrong date down as it won't actually start running till Thursday (Bank Holiday).
friday is also sunday services

hlliwmai

Looking on bustimes it would appear that 20533 is currently doing circles around Birmingham University (tracking as a 96!) I've no idea why unless it's something Johnson's used to do

metrocity

Quote from: hlliwmai on May 30, 2022, 09:51:28 AMLooking on bustimes it would appear that 20533 is currently doing circles around Birmingham University (tracking as a 96!) I've no idea why unless it's something Johnson's used to do
It will be the Birmingham University shuttle service inherited from Johnsons

Kevin

Quote from: 2206 on May 29, 2022, 07:01:20 PMDiamond site said they take over today as well.

Yeah that caught me out as well. I was hoping to see the first Diamond bus in my neck of the woods, but it was still Johnsons on the X50 yesterday and the first morning journeys out of Banbury either not running because of half term or just didn't turn up
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Solo1

Wonder if the scanias at Redditch from Johnsons will join the ones at preston 

MW

YY16YLK looks to have been involved in a minor collision in Knowle.

SK68MEV

seen a fresh repainted ex claribels on 94 today must say they look very smart
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Quote from: SK68MEV on May 31, 2022, 01:36:49 AMseen a fresh repainted ex claribels on 94 today must say they look very smart
YJ59BCU.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack6101

An E200MMC was in service yesterday with diamond logos on front is this only a temp thing ?? Didn't think these was part of deal ? 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Gareth

Had my first experience today of an ex Claribels Optare Versa. A newly repainted example on the 94.
Wasn't keen. Weird door, cramped and very uncomfortable seats. However other passengers were heard commenting on what a posh bus it was with its leather seats and seatbelts.

Jack

Quote from: Gareth on May 31, 2022, 08:11:15 PMHad my first experience today of an ex Claribels Optare Versa. A newly repainted example on the 94.
Wasn't keen. Weird door, cramped and very uncomfortable seats. However other passengers were heard commenting on what a posh bus it was with its leather seats and seatbelts.
Meanwhile I had Jubilee bus on the 50 (32134) and was a nice ride, apart from the sluggish uphill crawl along Alcester Road South, which lead to a nice convoy of traffic behind! I'd of preferred one of the Versa's, those things have a lot more power!

winston

Quote from: Jack6101 on May 31, 2022, 06:08:50 AMAn E200MMC was in service yesterday with diamond logos on front is this only a temp thing ?? Didn't think these was part of deal ?
Correct they aren't included in the deal, they're being loaned to Diamond by Johnson's whilst a number of Diamond's acquired fleet are made fit for service (currently VOR), there should be 4 loans. 

SK68MEV

yes this got stuck in the morning on the turn from hurst lane onto chester road was stuck for around 5 mins another diamond driver on 94 had too get out and guide him
Quote from: Gareth on May 31, 2022, 08:11:15 PMHad my first experience today of an ex Claribels Optare Versa. A newly repainted example on the 94.
Quote from: Jack on May 31, 2022, 08:28:09 PMMeanwhile I had Jubilee bus on the 50 (32134) and was a nice ride, apart from the sluggish uphill crawl along Alcester Road South, which lead to a nice convoy of traffic behind! I'd of preferred one of the Versa's, those things have a lot more power!

Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk