News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Serious looking accident at Saltley Gate. 1807 with a car wedged into the back of it.

don

Quote from: Gareth on March 25, 2022, 05:10:50 PM
Serious looking accident at Saltley Gate. 1807 with a car wedged into the back of it.

1807 quoted yesterday by @BN as in store?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Quote from: don on March 25, 2022, 06:30:08 PM
1807 quoted yesterday by @BN as in store?

@Gareth must have misread the number 1807 is at Pensnett

Gareth

Ok, so obviously not 1807 then. I'm sure those with the bus spotting app will soon correct me as to the correct vehicle.

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on March 25, 2022, 07:03:19 PM
Ok, so obviously not 1807 then. I'm sure those with the bus spotting app will soon correct me as to the correct vehicle.

Looks like it might be 1808 as that has been parked at Saltley Gate for over an hour

don

Indeed - however I think we do bustimes.org a dis-service calling it a bus spotting app - I've used it several times in different parts of the country to give me bus information which is far more comprehensive than RPTI systems - and allowing choices in routing (and where the next bus actually is on a map!!) It's also v interesting to just see buses on if you have fleet interest!

Stu

Quote from: Gareth on March 25, 2022, 07:03:19 PM

1808?
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/278340?date=2022-03-25#journeys/237548886
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

don

Squiz1971

Saw 4646 I think seemingly broken down/NIS at the first bus stop on Moor End Road near the Pine Square Island around 19:30ish and on my way home from dropping my Sister off. I saw the bus pulling off when I noticed an upper deck window had been smashed and was missing about halfway down the top deck drivers side. Don't know what happened or when it happened was on the 72 I would ascertain

busboy31

There was a car crash while I was on 4817 today, A car tried to overtake 4817 but it was unlucky as it went into somebody's hedge by the Perry Common terminus and crashed.

V102MOA

Stagecoach E400 15782 has had an argument with a 10'6" railway bridge in Exeter this evening - the bridge won

MW

?

A number 23 (or rather it's driver) getting attacked in town.

Had this bus not been fitted with door interlocks, the driver could have removed himself from there very easily. 

Stu

?

A number 23 (or rather it's driver) getting attacked in town.

Had this bus not been fitted with door interlocks, the driver could have removed himself from there very easily.
Absolute scumbags, I hope that video has been shared with West Midlands Police.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Squiz1971

Quote from: Stu on May 15, 2022, 01:15:23 PMAbsolute scumbags, I hope that video has been shared with West Midlands Police.
I agree totally @Stu, Alcohol seems to make people think they are either invincible or above the law like in this deplorable video. What was the point with the wing mirror it just beggars belief it really does. Lets hope these drunken people get done for criminal damage at least if not aggravated assault on an innocent bus 

Gareth

Quote from: Squiz1971 on May 15, 2022, 03:03:38 PMI agree totally @Stu, Alcohol seems to make people think they are either invincible or above the law like in this deplorable video. What was the point with the wing mirror it just beggars belief it really does. Lets hope these drunken people get done for criminal damage at least if not aggravated assault on an innocent bus
Assault on an innocent bus? Really? How about the absolutely traumatic experience for the driver who is being assaulted and abused doing his job.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk