News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNH2004

Quote from: don on April 26, 2022, 10:20:41 AMI noticed yesterday afternoon 4279 tracking on the 11C on bustimes.org but shown as a purplish livery. Was this just an error or has something changed?
It has an overall ad for Sealife

Tony

It's in an allover advert livery for the Sea Life Centre, and although the contract is quite short will probably remain as such until withdrawn

don

Thanks Tony/ BNH2004.

I thought it might be but then wondered if a 'Platinum Jubilee' bus had been sneaked in!! There again hardly likely on such an old bus... 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Quote from: Tony on April 26, 2022, 11:29:30 AMIt's in an allover advert livery for the Sea Life Centre, and although the contract is quite short will probably remain as such until withdrawn
4286 has had an allover ad for several years now. Presumably that one will be withdrawn with that one on to?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BBS

The Whole 41 and 46 being operated by omnilinks. 6701 is there but is the only double decker. Is 41 going to be omnilink because of the tight corner on Berkeley Road 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Jack

Quote from: bbs on April 26, 2022, 03:48:33 PMThe Whole 41 and 46 being operated by omnilinks. 6701 is there but is the only double decker. Is 41 going to be omnilink because of the tight corner on Berkeley Road
It was Double Deckers yesterday...

BBS

Quote from: Jack on April 26, 2022, 03:49:27 PMIt was Double Deckers yesterday...
Yeah i seen but today its all omnilink 

Jack

Quote from: bbs on April 26, 2022, 03:49:55 PMYeah i seen but today its all omnilink
It's not as 6701 is on there, as you've just said...

BBS

Quote from: Jack on April 26, 2022, 03:55:49 PMIt's not as 6701 is on there, as you've just said... 
1 double decker mate 

Jack

Quote from: bbs on April 26, 2022, 04:06:23 PM1 double decker mate
Well then it's not 'all' Omnilink then? Use your common sense... The tight turn you was on about has seen Deckers and full size Singles before so I don't see why either types at AG won't be used.

John

A decker will be easier to get round a tight turn than an OmniLink as well

Stu

Quote from: don on April 26, 2022, 10:20:41 AMI noticed yesterday afternoon 4279 tracking on the 11C on bustimes.org but shown as a purplish livery. Was this just an error or has something changed?

Someone (or a group of people) have been going over the top with the livery indicators on BusTimes.

It wasn't enough to just have basic 'Platinum', 'Crimson' and 'Old' (red/white), someone started adding all sorts of specific route-branded and livery-branded icons, which now just makes the map look a confusing mess to be honest.

In the case of 4279, looking at the pending edits, this bus has now been changed to a blue livery indicator because it has a "Sealife all-over advert".

Please, just stop it! :undecided:
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

don

Quote from: Stu on April 26, 2022, 06:38:07 PMSomeone (or a group of people) have been going over the top with the livery indicators on BusTimes.

It wasn't enough to just have basic 'Platinum', 'Crimson' and 'Old' (red/white), someone started adding all sorts of specific route-branded and livery-branded icons, which now just makes the map look a confusing mess to be honest.

In the case of 4279, looking at the pending edits, this bus has now been changed to a blue livery indicator because it has a "Sealife all-over advert".

I tend to disagree @Stu - I find them quite useful as an enthusiast, but more importantly as a bus passenger using the site - it's useful to be able to see the livery of the vehicle you're waiting for, especially when you're at a stop with multiple regular services. I use the site regularly as both. 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

BBS

Quote from: Jack on April 26, 2022, 05:08:09 PMWell then it's not 'all' Omnilink then? Use your common sense... The tight turn you was on about has seen Deckers and full size Singles before so I don't see why either types at AG won't be used.
It would be nice not to show your attitude over a small thing mate. I included 6701 in there's nothing to show your attitude about. 

BBS

Quote from: Stu on April 26, 2022, 06:38:07 PMSomeone (or a group of people) have been going over the top with the livery indicators on BusTimes.

Its confusing but helpful 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk