News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

ATG, igo and Ring & Ride

Started by vinh1000, September 29, 2012, 05:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: D10 on October 20, 2019, 09:09:45 PM
Both of these garages are no longer owned by NX, and Hockley is now a Banqueting and Conference centre.

Is that a similar sort of thing to what the old Bingo Hall is at Tower Hill (Walsall Road)?

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on October 21, 2019, 12:45:58 PM
Is that a similar sort of thing to what the old Bingo Hall is at Tower Hill (Walsall Road)?

Almost. The Tower Hill venue is/was a bingo hall. The Hockley site was purpose built.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Stu

Quote from: Winston on October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 PM
Where's NEAT moving in to instead then?

I wonder if there's the possibility that NX might look to rent part/most of the building off the new owners?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

busfan2847

Quote from: Westy on October 21, 2019, 12:45:58 PM

As with may bingo halls the one at Tower Hill was built as a cinema for, and operated by, Sydney W. Clift's small independent Clifton Cinemas circuit. It was opened on 21st February 1938. It closed on 10th November 1979. It was converted into a bingo club, which continued as a Gala Bingo Club until closing in June 2008. It was converted into a Chinese restaurant, but this closed by 2011. Despite an arson attack in the early hours of 6th January 2012, it has been rebuilt as a banqueting hall which opened I believe in 2016.

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

CL

A few ex-igo Metrocitys have cropped up in Nottingham -  only on loan though, as the captions suggest

(not my photos)
https://flic.kr/p/2ixZ1RH
https://flic.kr/p/2ixZ1Mu
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Solo1

Quote from: Busboy105 on September 14, 2019, 03:38:51 PM
Does anyone know where the igo buses are now? Are they still at their respective depots or have they been sold off to other bus companies?
3 envrio's are with travel express based in Wolverhampton

Pat

Quote from: Solo1 on April 02, 2020, 08:27:51 AM
3 envrio's are with travel express based in Wolverhampton
Banga have solo sr YD63 UZY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk