News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva September 2015 changes

Started by the trainbasher, July 17, 2015, 03:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Was Midland Red ever this bad?

Too young to remember!

Bob

Me too but i remember Midlabd Red North, Cannock had east lancs rebodied Tigers  Duple bus bodied Tigers, & various coach examples, along with lots of Nationals, some ECW  Olympians, and various others. Then it got swamped with Darts....lol

Bob

my predictions about the X25 & 530 were true. Why do Arriva have such poor success with commercial route launches? It'll be interesting to see how the 19/20/21/61/71 last. Particularly the 71 given Wednesfields pretty abyysmal track record on running anything commercial....

Trident 4609

Quote from: Bob on August 12, 2015, 04:42:08 PM
my predictions about the X25 & 530 were true. Why do Arriva have such poor success with commercial route launches? It'll be interesting to see how the 19/20/21/61/71 last. Particularly the 71 given Wednesfields pretty abyysmal track record on running anything commercial....

Except the 71 is subsidised.....

Cheese

Quote from: Nathan on August 12, 2015, 04:45:31 PM
Except the 71 is subsidised.....

As are the 19/20/21 I believe, and the 826/828 are replacements for the X25...

Bob

So replacing a fast link that could have been a success if promoted properly with a couple if slow ones.

The X25 was doomed. Start off with branded up buses, then let it deteriorate and degenerate into 11 y.o. Darts half the time.....Well done

Bob

Good job the 71 is subsidised then eh, imagine its future under Wednesfield operation if it was commercial . .

Westy

Quote from: Bob on August 13, 2015, 02:17:05 PM
Good job the 71 is subsidised then eh, imagine its future under Wednesfield operation if it was commercial . .

Imagine Wednesfield's future full stop!

BN

Bob

Westy

Quote from: BN on August 13, 2015, 06:37:39 PM
Yes, they have one.

At the risk of sounding like Bob, I'd be very surprised if Wednesfield was still in operation in 5 years time.

Bob

@BN why have almost all of Wednesfields commercial routes failed so miserably?

Bob

Also @BN do you think the reduction in service on Sapphire route 1 will do much for it? Or be popular with passengers? And do you think given the above the Sapphire upgrade has been a failure?

Westy

I just cant see whats gone wrong with the Wednesfield operation.

Arriva is a fairly well known name across the Uk.

Some of the management staff were ex NX, I believe, so you'd think they would have a fair idea what worked & what didnt, but to withdraw a route after being beaten by the likes of Banga! :0

How was Choice doing before it became Midland & absorbed the A2Z operation?

They seemed ok on the old 171 as far as I know, dunno about the rest of the operation.

Perhaps people have a perception of Arriva as that company from Cannock?

Bob

I wouldnt have said Choice were doing great, their fleet was embarrassing!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk