News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on February 24, 2024, 10:02:13 PMWon't be April
A YW told me back in November that the routes going Electric are going to be 2, 3 and 18, I asked him about the 50 and he said that "the 50 was too intense to full time Electric".
I took all this with a pinch of salt, or maybe a bowl full !

Wba_lad

I didn't know where to ask these questions but I thought here would be suitable. If it's not I do apologise. I've seen some photos of electrics at ADL I think it is. They are in two tone grey and have vaults fitted. Is this something ADL provide or do Nx have to send them the vaults. And do ADL paint them for companies? I'm hoping somone can help presumably @Tony will.

Gareth

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 28, 2024, 06:48:10 PMI didn't know where to ask these questions but I thought here would be suitable. If it's not I do apologise. I've seen some photos of electrics at ADL I think it is. They are in two tone grey and have vaults fitted. Is this something ADL provide or do Nx have to send them the vaults. And do ADL paint them for companies? I'm hoping somone can help presumably @Tony will.
They're painted at ADL and the vaults are supplied by NX. They get refurbished after each use. Some of these will go back decades.

Wba_lad

while walking around coventry earlier i decided to see what was parked in the depots and in cox street car park was E004, E017, E018 and Z4008.

Coventrybususer95

All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Steve3229vp

Quote from: suavegarv on March 03, 2024, 01:43:41 PMhttps://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13141825/Britains-e-bus-ticking-timebomb-nearly-TWO-THOUSAND-electric-buses-worth-800m-face-urgent-recall-fears-burst-flames.html

Just come across this.
What are trying to achieve with this ?
There have been other comments (most of them irrelevant about this subject and unsubstantiated) about electric buses on this forum, please think again and do some research before you post things like this.

mranon

Quote from: suavegarv on March 03, 2024, 01:43:41 PMhttps://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13141825/Britains-e-bus-ticking-timebomb-nearly-TWO-THOUSAND-electric-buses-worth-800m-face-urgent-recall-fears-burst-flames.html

Just come across this.
id imagine same as cars that a recall will be issued, and advice or instructions issued as to what action needs to done until they find a solution and can deal with the vehicles. If you read the article its linked to a fault that involved the hvac system, and its been requested that the hvac system is turned off when vehicles are not in use. 

Stu

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 03, 2024, 02:12:09 PMInteresting wonder if there's a plan to cover cv if anything happens that requires the stoppage of use of them
If you read the article, it says that the buses are safe to use, but the HVAC system should be turned off when the vehicle is not in use as a precaution, until a permanent solution can be applied.

It is typical of the Daily Mail though to 'over-egg' the seriousness of this. :undecided:

In short: a potential issue with the HVAC (heating, ventilation and air-conditioning) system has been identified which could cause a fire risk.

Nothing to do with the battery or electric drivetrain.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Stu on March 03, 2024, 02:46:15 PMIf you read the article, it says that the buses are safe to use, but the HVAC system should be turned off when the vehicle is not in use as a precaution, until a permanent solution can be applied.

It is typical of the Daily Mail though to 'over-egg' the seriousness of this. :undecided:

In short: a potential issue with the HVAC (heating, ventilation and air-conditioning) system has been identified which could cause a fire risk.

Nothing to do with the battery or electric drivetrain.

Lets hope there are no more of this.

Ronnoc

https://www.check-vehicle-recalls.service.gov.uk/recall-type/vehicle/make/ALEXANDER%20DENNIS/model/BYD%20AD%20ENVIRO400/year/2024/recalls

I am certain all operators have actioned the tasks in the alert by now hopefully. I do recall a DVSA alert relating to emission traps retrofitted on older vehicles. Either way, the Daily Fail are at it again with their fearmongering clickbait titles.

Tony

E218 upwards will arrive with a mod already done, hence the gap in new deliveries. When I am driving E164-E217 around at the moment I just leave the HVAC off to save messing with them all the time.

The ones in service are turned of when they arrive in garage after service, and then turned on again before leaving the garage, It is just one switch under one of the opening traps on the rear of the vehicles.

The HVAC was blamed for the Putney garage fire on the E200 hence this decision until the permanent solution was found.

Mike K

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 03, 2024, 02:13:14 PMWhat are trying to achieve with this ?
There have been other comments (most of them irrelevant about this subject and unsubstantiated) about electric buses on this forum, please think again and do some research before you post things like this.

He's posting a link to press article about electric buses in a thread about electric buses on a forum to discuss buses. I doubt he's trying to achieve anything and don't see why he needs to do any research before posting? The purpose of a forum is for informative and hopefully lively debate, so regardless of what I think of the article and the quality of the source of it, I find it interesting to read and discuss. It's getting to the point where people are criticised for posting just about anything. 

mesub

I guess this is why the electrics aren't running on the X1 overnight then...

(or at least one of the reasons)
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Stu

Quote from: mesub on March 03, 2024, 07:08:52 PMI guess this is why the electrics aren't running on the X1 overnight then...

(or at least one of the reasons)
It might be, but then again I wouldn't have thought that vehicle was being left 'unattended' anywhere.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk