News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva Leicester

Started by Tony, January 28, 2014, 08:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSmith09

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on February 01, 2024, 06:12:53 AMCan't LCC put a compulsory purchase order in for the land and force the owner to sell the land
As the depot is located within the Charnwood area I believe it would be county council who could start this.

Setting up a smaller electric only depot might be another idea (if only they hadn't got rid of Wigston)

Fin W

There is a few chargers visible from the gates at Thurmaston

Mayfield

They've been working on the charging system for months

Mayfield

According to Bustimes 4761 was back in service today 

Pscar05

2528 back on the road now.

Mayfield

Been replaced by 2526 at the bottom of the yard.
T23 in London red in use today
3 electrics still on site and it looks as if all the charging pods are in place and construction work finished.

Mayfield

2528 didn't last long, just seen it on the back of a Crouch recovery truck

Pscar05

Quote from: Mayfield on February 02, 2024, 03:03:50 PM2528 didn't last long, just seen it on the back of a Crouch recovery truck
So much for it lasting. I have feeling it will go back to the bottom of the yard again 

Mayfield

Ha ha no room, there's a minibus, versa, db250, 2526 and a single decker training bus 

Pscar05

Quote from: Mayfield on February 02, 2024, 03:37:58 PMHa ha no room, there's a minibus, versa, db250, 2526 and a single decker training
Jesus christ all the buses are falling apart. 3807 is going back to depot after a part of the front bumper came off on the 56.

markcf83

Quick question. Does anyone have a rough idea when Arriva will launch their electric double deckers? I'm looking at a very long overdue visit to Leicester....... 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Mayfield on February 02, 2024, 01:26:39 PMT23 in London red in use today
3 electrics still on site and it looks as if all the charging pods are in place and construction work finished.
T23 seems to be used quite a lot recently. Have Arriva Leicester now only got Double decker trainers, or still have the single decker ones too? Are they expecting a surge in drivers?

Excellent to hear electric is here. I was told earlier in this group it wasn't possible at all due to the land owner. I guess just shows anything on this group needs taking with a pinch of salt.

Stu

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on February 03, 2024, 05:37:03 PMExcellent to hear electric is here. I was told earlier in this group it wasn't possible at all due to the land owner. I guess just shows anything on this group needs taking with a pinch of salt.
There were similar claims being made elsewhere about NX's Walsall garage not being able to have any more hydrogen buses due to some planning application being refused.

On checking Walsall Council's planning website, there has been no planning application made. You can't refuse an application if one hasn't been submitted! :laugh:

As I've mentioned in other topics here, there will always be people spreading 'rumours' and making claims, but if they don't provide any source, then such claims can be considered baseless.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

joieman

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on February 03, 2024, 05:37:03 PMT23 seems to be used quite a lot recently. Have Arriva Leicester now only got Double decker trainers, or still have the single decker ones too? Are they expecting a surge in drivers?
I spotted a Cadet in Loughborough last week, so I think they still do have single decker driver training buses.

SSmith09

T23 could be to allow more new drivers to pass through driver training at any one time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk