News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Tony on March 15, 2024, 06:56:55 PMThe road is a 40mph road, Electrics have a maximum speed fo 70kph (43mph), so definitely within the 10% normally allowed by police, but probably not driving flat out.
That is correct, I was just pointing out that when seeing that clip for the first time, it does look like the bus is 'bombing it', but clearly it isn't.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Stu on March 15, 2024, 07:08:20 PMThat is correct, I was just pointing out that when seeing that clip for the first time, it does look like the bus is 'bombing it', but clearly it isn't.

It looks faster because the cars are virtually stationary

BBS

QuoteI've seen a vid of a Coventry electric on the X1 which has had a pretty nasty accident by looking at it. I've heard that it's E062 involved and that the bus is a write off, I don't believe this being how new they are. Anyone able to confirm anything please?
A bus that's only nearly 2 years old and you expect it to be written off. Thanks for causing enough drama already
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

John

QuoteA bus that's only nearly 2 years old and you expect it to be written off. Thanks for causing enough drama already
Age is irrelevant. If the damage is too severe to be repaired then a vehicle will be written off regardless of age. Not referring to E062 here but in general 

Stu

Quote from: John on March 16, 2024, 05:07:02 PMAge is irrelevant. If the damage is too severe to be repaired then a vehicle will be written off regardless of age. Not referring to E062 here but in general
Correct, a vehicle will only be 'written-off' by an insurance company if the cost of repair is equal to or greater than the value of the vehicle.

In the case of E062, it will have depreciated in value since it was purchased, but still must be in the circa £400k range.

Having seen pictures of the damage, I'm not seeing £400k worth of repairs needed.

On the other hand, if the crash/impact had been at the other end of the bus, which would have damaged or destroyed the batteries and electric drivetrain, then it might have been a write-off.
My locals:

Tony

Quote from: Stu on March 16, 2024, 05:26:15 PMCorrect, a vehicle will only be 'written-off' by an insurance company if the cost of repair is equal to or greater than the value of the vehicle.

In the case of E062, it will have depreciated in value since it was purchased, but still must be in the circa £400k range.

Having seen pictures of the damage, I'm not seeing £400k worth of repairs needed.

On the other hand, if the crash/impact had been at the other end of the bus, which would have damaged or destroyed the batteries and electric drivetrain, then it might have been a write-off.
Sometimes there's other things in the balance as well. The WB fire bus was worth more than repair cost, but then you have to take into account the vehicle not being available for several months while being repaired, and the recoverable major units (engine, gearbox axles etc) which can be kept for reuse and save the cost of buying replacements.

Stu

Quote from: BBS on March 15, 2024, 08:48:25 PMA bus that's only nearly 2 years old and you expect it to be written off. Thanks for causing enough drama already
Have a read again of what he actually wrote.

My locals:

Ronnoc

Does damage to the chassis make a bus an instant write-off, or does it vary depending on the amount of damage to the chassis? 

Tony

Quote from: Ronnoc on March 16, 2024, 08:02:43 PMDoes damage to the chassis make a bus an instant write-off, or does it vary depending on the amount of damage to the chassis?
Again it's the cost. chassis can be straightened with the right kit

frostjay974

Will NX be able to repair E062 or will it get sent back to Alexander Dennis to be rebuilt?

the trainbasher

QuoteWill NX be able to repair E062 or will it get sent back to Alexander Dennis to be rebuilt?
The insurance company and I assume ADL and Zenobe will assess it first before ADL do any repairs I believe

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

JPC

https://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/service-updates/changes-to-the-51-service
From 7th April, a subtle revision to the 51 route in the Whoberley area to run along Broad Lane, Wildcroft Road and Brookside Avenue (instead of non-stop along Glendower Avenue) this also applies to the Mon-Sat Stagecoach service.
Considering the frequency reduction to the 14 service last summer this is a good move.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 17, 2024, 03:00:45 PMThe insurance company and I assume ADL and Zenobe will assess it first before ADL do any repairs I believe
Current plan is for one of the bodymakers at Walsall to repair it.

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on March 22, 2024, 05:46:27 PMhttps://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/service-updates/changes-to-the-51-service
From 7th April, a subtle revision to the 51 route in the Whoberley area to run along Broad Lane, Wildcroft Road and Brookside Avenue (instead of non-stop along Glendower Avenue) this also applies to the Mon-Sat Stagecoach service.
Considering the frequency reduction to the 14 service last summer this is a good move.
Buses along Brookside Ave again - the 11 (of old, up to April 1985) used to terminate there. Has it been used by buses since?

JPC

Quote from: paulb1973 on March 24, 2024, 11:31:46 AMBuses along Brookside Ave again - the 11 (of old, up to April 1985) used to terminate there. Has it been used by buses since?

The 'E' service was re-routed further along Allesley Old Road to Brookside Avenue and Wildcroft Rd in it's latter years probably at the time the 26 to Allesley Park operated, c.2002-2006, in order to maintain a 4 per hour daytime service along Allesley Old Road (not counting service 1).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk