News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Drivers on loan to other companies

Started by Lukeee, May 12, 2013, 07:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeee

Today i borded a VIP Dart on the 71 in Sutton and noticed the Driver was in full Central Connect uniform also chatting to another driver wearing a Diamond uniform. Just wondering if anyone knows if VIP hires drivers or if these were just ex Diamond/Connect drivers?

fleetline6477

There is certainly one Asian ex Central Connect driver with VIP saw him on the 101 a while back still in CC uniform.

Tony

Quote from: Lukeee on May 12, 2013, 07:13:35 PM
Today i borded a VIP Dart on the 71 in Sutton and noticed the Driver was in full Central Connect uniform also chatting to another driver wearing a Diamond uniform. Just wondering if anyone knows if VIP hires drivers or if these were just ex Diamond/Connect drivers?

I very much doubt these drivers are borrowed, just more than likely have left either voluntarily or otherwise and have found new employment without returning their uniform.

It is not unusual for staff to be loaned 'internally' like I am currently on loan to 'Owned Operations' at Luton, but very unusual for one company to loan staff to another as it becomes very difficult to keep track of driving hour limits

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk