News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diecast Bus models

Started by Ash, March 17, 2013, 11:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Just read on www.britishmodelbuses.com that Northcord are creating models of the Enviro400 MMC and Enviro400 City

NEW CASTING

UKBUS6500 ADL Enviro400 MMC / Enviro400H City

Northcord Model Company is now pleased to announce that the company has successfully concluded its year-long negotiations with Alexander Dennis Limited (ADL) and has been authorised to model the brand new Enviro400 MMC and Enviro400H City.

Northcord Model Company, commonly abbreviated to "Northcord" (representing parent company Northcord International Limited), arose from Creative Master Northcord Limited (CMNL) which was a joint venture company between Creative Master Limited and Northcord International Limited. Since CMNL ceased the business in January 2012, Northcord Model Company picked up the bus model-making business and owns all of the castings that CMNL developed since 2000.

Creative Master Northcord Limited (CMNL) had developed ADL Enviro400 models (UKBUS6000 series) since August 2006. Since then more than 50,000 units of UKBUS6000 bus models have been produced. All UKBUS6000 series models have gained excellent success and reputation worldwide, and especially in both the Hong Kong and UK markets.

The first production model of the brand new casting will be available in the United Kingdom by the end of the fourth quarter in 2017. As the Enviro400 MMC bus is developed from the former Enviro400 series, Northcord Model Company will put the new products into a new series categorised UKBUS6500 et seq, as a continuation from the current UKBUS6000 model range. The collectors will therefore recognise these models as the follow up version within the ADL Enviro400 double deck bus range.

The newly developed comprehensive casting will include the following versions of Britain's best-selling double-deck buses:

1.   10.3 metre 1 & 2 door Enviro400 MMC and Enviro400H MMC
2.   10.3 metre 1 & 2 door Enviro400 City and Enviro400H City
3.   10.9 metre 1 door Enviro400 MMC

Northcord Model Company will make an announcement in detail about planned liveries and model dimensions nearer to its launch date.

Northcord Model Company (NMC)
------The World's Miniature Bus Co.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: John on March 08, 2017, 12:52:19 PM
Just read on www.britishmodelbuses.com that Northcord are creating models of the Enviro400 MMC and Enviro400 City

Great news !!! Hopefully they make NXWM Crimson and Platinum MMC Models. Good to see Northcord  are restarting making models as Corgi seem to be making far less models this year than other years

karl724223

Would be nice if a Nxwm model was done but I doubt it

CL

Quote from: karl724223 on March 08, 2017, 03:48:19 PM
Well, with a casting for a 10.9m model, I would be a little optimistic for an MMC in NX liveries.

edit:
Bit of a long shot to be fair, but with these castings, I am expecting/hoping for a few. Regarding the NXWM variants - I'd like to see 6147/6148 for Crimson; as for Platinum, a generic "attributes" branding would do me nicely.  ;D

Exciting times ahead.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

filbus1

Quote from: karl724223 on March 08, 2017, 03:48:19 PM
Two apparantly, according to reliable sources.

BN

Evening gents, I thought this was a good a place as any, I have come across 2 corgi model buses. I have WMT Leyland Lynx 1:76 fleet no 1199 still in plastic wrapper, never opened and WMT Metrobus 1:64 fleet no 3043. Mint condition in box. Would they be worth anything to anyone on here?
Many thanks all.

BN

Quote from: BN on April 30, 2017, 09:25:28 PM
Evening gents, I thought this was a good a place as any, I have come across 2 corgi model buses. I have WMT Leyland Lynx 1:76 fleet no 1199 still in plastic wrapper, never opened and WMT Metrobus 1:64 fleet no 3043. Mint condition in box. Would they be worth anything to anyone on here?
Many thanks all.
Sorry to be a pain guys, do you think these have a value to anyone?

filbus1

Quote from: BN on May 01, 2017, 05:52:48 PM
Sorry to be a pain guys, do you think these have a value to anyone?
Just a few pounds unfortunately. I am a member of Yardley Wood Bus Club and we sell bus models, we see these two all the time for £5 or less.

CL

Citibus models have released images of their resin E400MMC in NXWM (Platinum) spec. Information can be found on Modelbuszone; additional photos can be found at their facebook page. I don't know about you, but at £43.50 a pop (inc. P&P), I'd much rather wait for the Northcord version. I'm not sure; I'll see how it turns out. ;)

filbus1

Quote from: clayderman on June 12, 2017, 11:02:32 PM
Citibus models have released images of their resin E400MMC in NXWM (Platinum) spec. Information can be found on Modelbuszone; additional photos can be found at their facebook page. I don't know about you, but at £43.50 a pop (inc. P&P), I'd much rather wait for the Northcord version. I'm not sure; I'll see how it turns out. ;)
There's something definitely not right with the front top deck. apart from that it looks OK but expensive for a kit. Yardley Wood Bus Club will be stocking the Northcord versions but they probably won't arrive until late this year or early next year.

CL

https://scontent.fbhx1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21034728_495729047447160_2855514526834678812_n.jpg?oh=351959b338d26e586dc656fe4acba3f4&oe=5A572F14

Saltire model buses are also releasing another E400MMC kit. Due Summer 2018 apparently. Looks better than Citibus' model, but I'm still counting on Northcord's. :D

Tony

NORTHCORD MODEL COMPANY - PRESS RELEASE

May be published in full or in précis

Date: 3rd November 2017

NEW CASTING

ukbus 6500 ADL Enviro400 MMC update

Northcord Model Company is pleased to update the progress of the development of the captioned, brand new casting. The First Shot models have just been released from the factory and photos of some of these are appended, below. The pre-production prototype models in operators' liveries will be prepared shortly. 

In the meantime, Northcord Model Company is releasing its plans for the initial six production models as follows :

ukbus 6501 : 
Go-Ahead London (E400H) 
EH108 – YY66 OZP
January 2018

ukbus 6502 : 
National Express West Midlands 
6126 – SN15 LGV
January 2018

ukbus 6503 : 
Stagecoach London
10347 – SN16 OLO
February 2018

ukbus 6504 : 
Stagecoach in Oxfordshire
10684 – SN66 WHC
February 2018

ukbus 6505 : 
Reading Buses
758 – YX64 VRU
April 2018

ukbus 6506 : 
First Bristol
33960 – SN65 ZCU
April 2018

The above planned models are awaiting pre-production samples to be made
and / or final operators' authorisation.

The newly developed, comprehensive casting will include the following versions of Britain's best-selling double-deck buses:

1.   10.3 metre 1 & 2 door Enviro400 MMC and Enviro400H MMC
2.   10.3 metre 1 & 2 door Enviro400 City and Enviro400H City
3.   10.9 metre 1 door Enviro400 MMC

Northcord Model Company strives to ensure that authenticity is paramount in the new castings. Therefore, although the models within a classification may appear identical, often NMC has adapted the basic toolings to represent special features that are operator-specific and these differentiated items can include tree deflectors, interior seating plans, destination equipment, lights and door arrangements.

karl724223

Still sat 6101 should have been done as the nx mmc 😞

Alex

I'm trying to get the word out, so here seems as good of a place as any:

One of my current ''little''* projects is to refurbish my models, one of them being a Brighton and Hove B10BLE, into a TWM B10L (yes, i know one was done in ''line33'' back in the early noughties, but I've seen flying elephants that are more accurate than that...) which meant that i added a wheel chair bay in, and have started work on the window arrangement (as the originals are unsalvageable, after they unknowingly took a bath in acetone). Anyway, point is, I'm planning to sell it once it's finished, so if anyone is interested, PM me.
Model Specs:
EFE Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown - Backdated to Volvo B10L/Wright Liberator
Scale: 1:76
Livery: Travel West Midlands ''Low Floor'', full colour logos, c. 2008
Vehicle: 1414, P414 EJW
Destination (Intended): 258, Merry Hill, via Blackheath

* I say little, one of them is a 1:32 scale DB250LF/ALX400, which won't be for sale!

Note to moderators, remove if this isn't allowed, just thought i could get it out there a bit more
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

CL

Quote from: karl724223 on November 03, 2017, 07:26:06 PM
Still sat 6101 should have been done as the nx mmc 😞
Seconded; either that or 6147/6148! In spite of that, I am really looking forward to these releases. They look really promising, I can barely contain my excitement!! Nothing yet up on the Model Bus Zone; but that's possibly subject to change very soon. Deary me, how time flies. Seems like only yesterday the original press release was announced!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk