News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diecast Bus models

Started by Ash, March 17, 2013, 11:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filbus1

Quote from: Tony on July 29, 2014, 07:42:37 AM
Quote from: clayderman on July 28, 2014, 09:27:38 PM
I feel model shop mottos have changed to 'Go big or go home' - Modelzone in WHSmiths is a right letdown. The only model buses there are a dual pack routemaster set, for about £14.99 if i'm correct. Bargain, but very cheap compared to Ian Allen. Still, no competition in the collecting hobby means more older/limited editions for me! lol. I don't get them very often though, out of my price range...

Also, still waiting for the TWM Scania Omnicity. At this rate, they'd be bound to change the livery of the model, like the real one! (of 4780)

Plenty of competition if you want them cheaper look for Yardley Wood Bus Club

http://ywbc.co.uk/bus/

Generally a lot cheaper than the shops, get them mail order, or in some instances they can arrange for them to be picked up at the NXWM Pavillions travelshop

YWBC also attend events like Wythall bus museum and Aston Manor open days as well as rallies around the country.

Chris2301

I got an volvo b7rle 27 to Dudley model. I ordered it from plymouth on ebay

BU07 LGO

The last CMNL models were released nearly a year ago, im starting to think they've gone bankrupt again

CL

Quote from: BU07 LGO on July 29, 2014, 12:03:21 PM
The last CMNL models were released nearly a year ago, im starting to think they've gone bankrupt again

There's been one or two releases in Hong Kong a while back, OOC looks like they're trumping CMNL at this rate. Hope they've not gone bankrupt, really hoping on the 24 hybrid being released...

Speaking of E400s, there's some 4718 models in Ian Allen, @BU07 LGO. Hoping to pick one up soon.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

filbus1

Quote from: clayderman on July 29, 2014, 05:50:30 PM

There's been one or two releases in Hong Kong a while back, OOC looks like they're trumping CMNL at this rate. Hope they've not gone bankrupt, really hoping on the 24 hybrid being released...

Speaking of E400s, there's some 4718 models in Ian Allen, @BU07 LGO. Hoping to pick one up soon.

Corgis parent company, Hornby' have problems too so they are not entirely safe

Ben

Quote from: Rob on April 03, 2014, 10:18:44 PM
If I remember correctly it's E400H 5401 on the 24 also E400 4899 on the 900. :)
I'm so out of the loop, when will this be available? I'd quite like a model of 4899

Sorry if this has been asked before, I'd just like it clarified again if thats ok :)

CL

Quote from: Ben on August 03, 2014, 10:37:47 PM
Quote from: Rob on April 03, 2014, 10:18:44 PM
If I remember correctly it's E400H 5401 on the 24 also E400 4899 on the 900. :)
I'm so out of the loop, when will this be available? I'd quite like a model of 4899

Sorry if this has been asked before, I'd just like it clarified again if thats ok :)

Well. By the looks of things, not very soon. I can only predict sometime next year at the earliest, if CMNL ever do pick up from where they've left off.. As for current models, OOC seem to be doing better and they seem more promising. But before anything else, I think certain releases such as TWM Livery Scania is one of the top priorities, before these.

Another reason production may be delayed is the modelling of the product. ADLs buses over the past couple of years have got the indent under the headlights, for an LED variation or something like that. These have already been casted on 2 Limited Edition E200s of london spec, and I think it may take some time to produce a new cast or mold, so to speak...

TinnedPeaches

The problem with CMNL or Northcord as they are now called hasn't been the production of casting variations, rather the same kinds of problems that have been blighting EFE releases.

Aside from the company going bust and starting up under a (very slightly) different name, there have been labour problems in China - this is why EFE's releases have been so sporadic.

I wonder whether CMNL (as it was) released too much too quickly. You can still pick up a number of their older releases at filthy cheap prices, especially their Pointer/Dart MPD model which is a super casting.

I feel like there are certain areas of the bus model market not being addressed these days, which is why I buy/make models to paint. Buses and coaches of the 1980s and early 90s seem fairly poorly represented in current releases.

BU07 LGO

@BU07 LGO. Hoping to pick one up soon.

Thanks for the heads up, ive already got one though :) got one of every enviro400 now

CL

Quote from: BU07 LGO on August 04, 2014, 12:08:28 PM

Thanks for the heads up, ive already got one though :) got one of every enviro400 now

Yes. After I'd posted this, I went back to Page one of this thread. A very impressive collection, I congratulate you. My collection is co small, it fits in a shoebox. Saving up for another 4718, I guess £30 is a bargain, seeing as it's some of 1700 produced (my last one was destroyed, by "didn't-know-any-better me") lol 

EDIT: I'm actually hoping to add people to the E400, or if not, I'll scrap the whole idea and just get the 37 branded B7RLE, in the toothpaste livery. Missed out last time, not intending to again!

BU07 LGO

Quote from: clayderman on August 04, 2014, 08:29:07 PM
Quote from: BU07 LGO on August 04, 2014, 12:08:28 PM

Yes. After I'd posted this, I went back to Page one of this thread. A very impressive collection, I congratulate you. My collection is co small, it fits in a shoebox. Saving up for another 4718, I guess £30 is a bargain, seeing as it's some of 1700 produced (my last one was destroyed, by "didn't-know-any-better me") lol 

EDIT: I'm actually hoping to add people to the E400, or if not, I'll scrap the whole idea and just get the 37 branded B7RLE, in the toothpaste livery. Missed out last time, not intending to again!

Thanks :) yeah I've seen some with people on they look good but knowing me I would break something! Ordered ukbus9001 and it turned up Saturday with both mirrors rattling around in the box :(

CL

*sigh* My bus pass ran out yesterday. I guess I won't be going out to town as much, I did pop in Ian Allen on Friday, and they had both TWM & NXWM (4766) models. I think there were 3x 4718 models and 2x 4766 models and i'm contemplating which model i'd like more... It's not like I.A. would do a BOGOF offer anytime in the near future. All I can hope for is a Christmas time offer, although I doubt they'll put on a sale, or if the models would still be there!

P.S. Still keeping my hopes up high with the model of 5401. Although, by now they'd probably modify the route for the 1... 4899 would still look nice though...

BU07 LGO

Quote from: clayderman on August 17, 2014, 05:44:41 PM
*sigh* My bus pass ran out yesterday. I guess I won't be going out to town as much, I did pop in Ian Allen on Friday, and they had both TWM & NXWM (4766) models. I think there were 3x 4718 models and 2x 4766 models and i'm contemplating which model i'd like more... It's not like I.A. would do a BOGOF offer anytime in the near future. All I can hope for is a Christmas time offer, although I doubt they'll put on a sale, or if the models would still be there!

P.S. Still keeping my hopes up high with the model of 5401. Although, by now they'd probably modify the route for the 1... 4899 would still look nice though...

If they've got 4766 for £30 id get that, I seen one sell for £50 on ebay!

Tony S

Yeah, I to collect die-cast models.
I collect all Birmingham & West Midlands bus & tram models and have everyone that Corgi, EFE, CMNL. Forward Models, Britbus, CsM, Peak Horse & ABC have produced so far. They are all code 1 or 2 models - I'm not interested in code 3's.

I have collected so far:

43 x 1:76 scale BCT & WMPTE bus models
3 x 1:50 scale BCT bus models
34 x 1:76 scale WMT / TWM / NXLWM bus models
3 x 1:50 scale TWM bus models
4 x 1:130 scale TWM bus models
1 x 1:130 scale WMT bus model

I also have:

11 x 1:76 scale Midland Red bus models
1 x 1:50 scale Midland Red bus model
3 x other Midland Red vehicle models - AEC Fuel Tanker, Land Rover & Austin K8 van

17 x 1:76 scale other local operator bus models i.e: Green Bus, National Express coaches. Central Connect, North Birmingham Busways, Flights, Stevensons, Travel De Courcey, Stratford Blue & Johnsons

25 x 1:76 scale London Transport bus / tram models
1 x 1:50 scale London Transport bus model
20 x various scale London Transport vehicle models

100 x 1:64 scale Corgi various advertisement & operator Routemasters
10 x 1:76 scale random other bus models from Corgi, Dinky & Matchbox

Regards
Tony.

CL

Would've LOVED one of these: Not a Model Bus, but another piece of Merchandise from Oriental Retailer, 80M Model Shop

An Octopus Card Reader Alarm Clock: http://www.orientalmodelbuses.co.uk/Xtra/alarm_clock-1-big.jpg
- If these were modified to look like West Midlands Card Readers, they'd look flawless...

In other related merchandise, I still want one, and hoping for one for Christmas, is a Farebox Money Box: (in red, of course)
http://www.80mbusmodel.com/eshop/photos/80221.jpg

In Yellow:
http://www.80mbusmodel.com/eshop/photos/80226.jpg

EDIT: The money boxes would total to around £10 to £15 each (with cheapest P&P), and it is only 28cm high.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk