News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Festive timetables

Started by monkeyjoe, December 15, 2023, 08:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Quote from: Steve3229vp on December 26, 2023, 02:59:08 PMIf double deckers were to go onto the 4 (which I doubt very much), where would the double deckers come from and even more important where would the single deckers go bearing in mind that NX has too many single deckers anyway
It's fairly simple - just replace them directly with new electrics (NXWM will soon have 80 new ones parked up).

I know that's unlikely to happen - however they'll almost certainly be indirectly replaced by electrics of one type or another, B7RLEs displaced by electrics, replacing the Scanias where single deckers are still needed. Note there are still 19 at CV (as well as the E200s).
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Wba_lad on December 26, 2023, 03:38:33 PMdoubles on peak times
Double deckers are already in use at peak times, so where would you get double deckers from ?

Wba_lad

Quote from: Steve3229vp on December 26, 2023, 03:48:05 PMDouble deckers are already in use at peak times, so where would you get double deckers from ?
The 4s do not get double deckers in peak time. It's always single deckers. 

Jack

Quote from: Tony on December 26, 2023, 03:41:10 PMSo, you tell drivers they can ignore a height restriction and guess what, others get ignored with serious consequences
Exactly it's been said many times that Deckers are too not be going under that bridge but clearly certain people clearly are brainless...

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Wba_lad on December 26, 2023, 03:38:33 PMThere is more than enough double deckers spare on Sundays, even if the 4s get doubles on peak times in the week and Sunday service it would definitely improve the route and bring more customers in.
The quote about double deckers in peak time came from you not me !

Westy

Isn't there a parallel route the 4 could use, to allow double deckers?

Not too sure on the road layout in that area.

Wba_lad

Quote from: Steve3229vp on December 26, 2023, 04:04:39 PMThe quote about double deckers in peak time came from you not me !
Yes I said if they could get double deckers on peak time, I didn't say it gets them.

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on December 26, 2023, 03:41:10 PMSo, you tell drivers they can ignore a height restriction and guess what, others get ignored with serious consequences
Well no not really, mark it on the running boards in red and bold EXEMPTION IN PLACE, or why don't they change the route slightly to go the way West Brom send double deckers on dead run to and from West Bromwich. Something needs to be done regarding the 4 service.

Wba_lad

Quote from: Westy on December 26, 2023, 04:39:24 PMIsn't there a parallel route the 4 could use, to allow double deckers?

Not too sure on the road layout in that area.
Yes they could send them the way West Bromwich garage send their buses to and from oldbury on dead run.

Justin Tyme

I've just realised that today, Boxing Day, only NXWM have run to/in Stourbridge, Halesowen, Oldbury, Sutton Coldfield and Solihull - if I've got it right.

Also, like last year, NX Coventry has been the only operator running not only in Coventry but also Leamington and Nuneaton.  No doubt the lack of Stagecoach buses in Nuneaton has encouraged NXC to run the over full 20 route to Nuneaton today - on Sundays it only reaches Bedworth.

Lukeee

Quote from: Wba_lad on December 26, 2023, 02:39:02 PMSo, been waiting for a 4 since 13:10, it's now 14:08 and 3 buses have gone past not 1 has stopped mainly elderly in the bus stop too, it is a joke, all these advertisements no fuss travel by bus, it's a joke, people aren't going to want to use the buses if they don't stop, the 4 services need double deckers, they are expempt from Sandwell and Dudley bridge, they need using on the route. After todays performance National express have lost some passengers after waiting over a hour for a bus, these were elderly too, now don't get me wrong I know it's Boxing Day and there is a special service operating but when the third bus that went passed was not that full and went straight past that is a joke no excuses for that. Hopefully start to use deckers on the 4s now as they really are needed.
Low bridge under Sandwell and dudley Station 

Wba_lad

Quote from: Lukeee on December 26, 2023, 06:18:35 PMLow bridge under Sandwell and dudley Station
Buses are expempt from the bridge 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Wba_lad on December 26, 2023, 06:24:13 PMBuses are expempt from the bridge
Yes but Drivers can't ignore the Garage advice I'm sure 4951 I think or a WB 49xx during Covid lost part of it's Route on the 3. As for running a diversion route for Double Deckers wouldn't that be counter intuitive because passengers catch the 4 to get to Sandwell and Dudley or Oldbury, running it another one means it would loose passengers. Maybe a frequency increase but the 4 will be busy it is the most direct route between West Bromwich and Walsall. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Is there actually a reason lots of services are running until 6 or 7, that I may have missed. And why the 51, 529, 79 and so are running until 11PM or Midnight.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Wba_lad

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on December 26, 2023, 06:42:58 PMYes but Drivers can't ignore the Garage advice I'm sure 4951 I think or a WB 49xx during Covid lost part of its Route on the 3. As for running a diversion route for Double Deckers wouldn't that be counter intuitive because passengers catch the 4 to get to Sandwell and Dudley or Oldbury, running it another one means it would loose passengers. Maybe a frequency increase but the 4 will be busy it is the most direct route between West Bromwich and Walsall.
You can still use it to Sandwell and Dudley as it comes out the road the other side of the bridge, or ad you said a frequency increase but double deckers would be ideal for the route 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk