News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

the Dennis trident/E40D question

Started by spacecowboy150, December 07, 2023, 04:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacecowboy150

I didnt know exactly where to put this so I made a new thread which will probably get buried in like a week.

anyway, since E400s have Euro 4 and Euro 5 (and euro 6 MMC) variants round here, am I right in saying that the chassis name on the Euro 4 ones is 'Trident 2' and the Euro 5 and 6 ones are 'E40D'? or is it something else altogether?

also innit the '2' in Trident 2 comes from the number of axles?

Tony

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on December 07, 2023, 04:30:51 PMI didnt know exactly where to put this so I made a new thread which will probably get buried in like a week.

anyway, since E400s have Euro 4 and Euro 5 (and euro 6 MMC) variants round here, am I right in saying that the chassis name on the Euro 4 ones is 'Trident 2' and the Euro 5 and 6 ones are 'E40D'? or is it something else altogether?

also innit the '2' in Trident 2 comes from the number of axles?

Generally correct, yes

Dababa015

Tony

EK40

Quote from: Dababa015 on December 08, 2023, 12:12:27 AMMaybe update chassis on bus times??

Pretty sure it was a thing before but theres no real reason for it because they aren't completely different 

likes the streetlites cummins/daimler aren't different and such

spacecowboy150

Quote from: EK40 on December 08, 2023, 10:34:53 AMPretty sure it was a thing before but theres no real reason for it because they aren't completely different

likes the streetlites cummins/daimler aren't different and such
Probably because anyone who knew a bit about the type knew when one type stopped being produced and the other started. 

But it annoys me a bit that Cummins and Mercades engines aren't shown on Optare Versas as they are really different

Stu

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on December 08, 2023, 06:13:27 PMProbably because anyone who knew a bit about the type knew when one type stopped being produced and the other started.

But it annoys me a bit that Cummins and Mercades engines aren't shown on Optare Versas as they are really different
For the purpose of what BusTimes was created for, that kind of information isn't really necessary.

The average passenger doesn't need to know whether their bus has a Cummins or Daimler engine, and to be honest probably doesn't care.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on December 08, 2023, 06:13:27 PMProbably because anyone who knew a bit about the type knew when one type stopped being produced and the other started.

spacecowboy150

Quote from: Stu on December 08, 2023, 06:28:51 PMFor the purpose of what BusTimes was created for, that kind of information isn't really necessary.

The average passenger doesn't need to know whether their bus has a Cummins or Daimler engine, and to be honest probably doesn't care.

then whats the point in them differentiating between Trident and B7TL ALX400s?

Tony

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on December 09, 2023, 04:04:24 PMthen whats the point in them differentiating between Trident and B7TL ALX400s?
They are completely different vehicles

spacecowboy150

Quote from: Tony on December 09, 2023, 04:05:12 PMThey are completely different vehicles
they still look and feel the same to the average passenger

Gareth

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on December 09, 2023, 04:06:13 PMthey still look and feel the same to the average passenger
That doesn't come into it. They're totally different vehicles. A Volvo isn't a Dennis and a Dennis isn't a Volvo. However a Versa is a Versa is a Versa.

EK40

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on December 09, 2023, 04:06:13 PMthey still look and feel the same to the average passenger
i mean if your talking how an average passenger sees it you may as well remove it all together tbf, bustimes still caters partly to enthusiasts. your average passenger doesnt really care if they are on an enviro 400 or an wright eclipse g2. while your average enthusiast would look if they are on a volvo gemini or a DAF gemini but probably not what engine the solo they are on has.

spacecowboy150

Quote from: EK40 on December 10, 2023, 11:38:40 AMi mean if your talking how an average passenger sees it you may as well remove it all together tbf, bustimes still caters partly to enthusiasts. your average passenger doesnt really care if they are on an enviro 400 or an wright eclipse g2. while your average enthusiast would look if they are on a volvo gemini or a DAF gemini but probably not what engine the solo they are on has.

fair enough but I still think the Mercedes and Cummins engine sound very different especially to enthusiasts

Wba_lad

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on December 11, 2023, 09:05:06 PMfair enough but I still think the Mercedes and Cummins engine sound very different especially to enthusiasts
Cummins over Mercedes any day!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk