News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

October Changes

Started by 2206, September 28, 2023, 01:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Stu on September 29, 2023, 05:42:54 PMI have been told that the 89 is actually being revised to terminate in Bearwood. Not sure exactly how this will work, I'm guessing that from Victoria Park it will head back down Bearwood Road, as it restores a link lost a few years ago.
And gives onward passengers the choice of changing at Victoria Park or at Bearwood to get more frequent services to city centre.
I don't know any more than this at present.
I to hear the 89 will be doing the old 450 route from Victoria park to Bearwood interchange , its moving to the Bearwood rota i am told possible interworking with 48A/49, makes sense to me, i am always asked at Bearwood  which bus can i get to the Smethwick high st.
Plenty of folks come off capehill to get the 82 to Bearwood , if 89 is to go that way win win for those folks, you can't please every one that's just impossible

BBS

I'm guessing all the NX changes ( X1 movement  etc ) is happening this Sunday right? 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

monkeyjoe

X1 I believe is the 22nd Oct.

BBS

QuoteX1 I believe is the 22nd Oct.
Ahh, still got some time to enjoy some roaring diesels on the A45 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

mesub

Quote from: BBS on September 30, 2023, 03:51:58 PMAhh, still got some time to enjoy some roaring diesels on the A45

Best part of the route in my opinion.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

JPC

The Coventry changes seems targeted to the Cannon Park area, the axed 19 I think was on reprieve since January.
An extended 2 harks back to the old 81E/81W service but presumably via Charter Avenue, which already has plenty other services, if it didn't work back then, it won't work now, surely service 14 could of done this and cover Canley Estate and Cannon Park shops in both directions instead of being parked at the University for 17 minutes!
The 14A could run in the peaks only direct via Westwood in both directions, with an arrangement of alternating/interworking with the 14 effectively as a 'loop'.
One would hope the Stagecoach 87/87A is amended via Cannon Hill Road and Crematorium.
Cannon Park also loses Sunday journeys on the Stagecoach 60.

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on September 28, 2023, 02:31:54 PMInteresting that it says cv2 covers some of cv19 route only part covered would be tile hill south

https://www.wmca.org.uk/news/changes-to-west-midlands-bus-services-announced/

ellspurs

Send one of them back up/down Eastcotes and Westcotes like the old 192/194 used to. That was always fun with the parking down there.

broma1k

Noticed the 25 Hodge Hill to Erdington still running today

ellspurs

Quote from: broma1k on October 02, 2023, 06:38:05 PMNoticed the 25 Hodge Hill to Erdington still running today
It is cancelled from the 29th October.

Jack

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: Jack on October 03, 2023, 01:19:34 PMhttps://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/wolverhampton/2023/10/03/residents-furious-as-lifeline-bus-route-into-wolverhampton-is-axed/

Didn't take long...
Does the article even mention that Banga Buses are taking it over? It's "Premium" so I haven't seen it.

If someone has access and can find the "feedback" button, let it rip (in a nice way) about how subpar the article is.

Last bus is 6.30pm from both bus station and bakers way , again if anybody even bothered to check they'd see they aren't being 'cut off' after 5.30pm

Nx only run 5 more buses after this time currently on an hourly basis and only 2 buses run before the first banga one at 6.30am one of those only being 15 minutes different ay 6.15am , I'm sure nx services at those times wouldn't be carrying much more than fresh air

https://bangabuses.co.uk/bus-timetables/

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on October 03, 2023, 02:32:42 PMDoes the article even mention that Banga Buses are taking it over? It's "Premium" so I haven't seen it.
If someone has access and can find the "feedback" button, let it rip (in a nice way) about how subpar the article is.

It's quite astonishing reading.

"It's an important route for a lot of older people round here. I don't mind using Banga buses if that's what is going to replace it but I hope that services aren't reduced and that it continues to be as reliable as it is now.
The 86-year-old continued: "If I pay for a taxi, it will be £8 each way, that's £16 for the journey, that's expensive these days.

It'll cost £4.50 for a day ticket, same as it does now. Why would you need to get a taxi?

Pauline Daker, 86, a resident of Codsall, said: "I am really upset. This is going to have a huge impact on a lot of people. It's one of the lifelines of this area.
"This is my main route to get to Wolverhampton, when this goes how am I supposed to get there? I know there are the Banga buses, but it won't be the same.

Er, you get the Banga Bus instead? Yes, I know it won't be the same, with the Banga buses being different colours and all that.

Admittedly people may lose out with the loss of evening and Sunday journeys, but it's not the end of the world as being made out in the article.

And like with that other recent Birmingham Mail article, the media are again undermining the promotion that TfWM are undertaking to promote the nBus ticket and how it is valid on all bus services now.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk